It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Explosion" has been reported in the Isfahan region of Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
To be honest, I'm on the fence with this one.

History has shown that even developed and experienced nations can face very embarrassing accidents. Look at how many rockets we had fall on our heads during the space race - or some of the blooper reels from Germany's S&T teams during the second world war.

On the other hand - if what we are seeing is due to covert operations - it is one of the perfect ways to deal with this region in our current financial situation. The CIA and covert operations forces are the cost-effective long-arm of the U.S. We can't really afford a war with Iran - not one that is modeled after our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, at least.

I would wager the missile explosions reported earlier this month were mostly on Iran for improper handling.

However, this (and some of the other recent issues in Iran) point to a focused effort to disrupt and destroy Iranian nuclear assets.

Ideally, even Iran would be kept guessing as to what was really an accident and what was the actions of a bogeyman.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Freeborn
Almost immediately after the recent explosion at an Iranian military base all the usual US haters and apologists were accusing the US of involvement etc.....unfortunately for them even all official Iranian agencies insisted it was an accident and there was absolutely no reason at all to suspect US involvement.

Yup, must be an accident because the Iranians say so...

Lots of accidents happening in Iran these days. Not like it could be covert operations or anything, because that's not what the media is reporting

When done properly a covert attack looks like an accident. It's not like special forces walk away laughing and leaving their business card behind... I originally did think munitions story was correct until I heard who had died, much too convenient for the head of the missle program to be killed.

On the plus side, these attacks (if they are attacks) may be giving Israel some breathing room as they currently need to go by summer if they are going to go (but setbacks may push that timeline back)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well the Propoganda is rolling at an pace Iran just released this minutes ago:

TEHRAN - Informed sources in Tehran say that Western countries, which are trying to focus the world’s attention on the false issue of a “possible military dimension” of Iran’s nuclear activities, will be astonished by the country’s nuclear achievements in the near future.
Tehran Times

Well I dont think that future will be very "Near" after the recent events in any way.

An MSM the Telegraph in the UK is pointing out an apparent cover up in Tehran, and sabotage, probably got it from here but:

Suggestions of nuclear facility sabotage as explosion hits Iran city

A large explosion has been reported in the Iranian city of Isfahan as the regime issued conflicting reports apparently designed to deny suggestions of a sabotage attack on its nuclear facilities.

Officials gave varying accounts of a "huge explosion" in the ancient city, which hosts one of Iran's main facilities for refining uranium in its nuclear programme.

While some sources told news agencies there had been a blast on military facilities, others said there had been a fireball at a petrol station.

Residents of the city were independently telling relatives and friends overseas that the city had been shaken by a massive blast in the early afternoon.
Telegraph (not the palestine one)

Way to go ATS hours ahead of the curve in the world media excellent :-)

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod

Originally posted by Freeborn
Almost immediately after the recent explosion at an Iranian military base all the usual US haters and apologists were accusing the US of involvement etc.....unfortunately for them even all official Iranian agencies insisted it was an accident and there was absolutely no reason at all to suspect US involvement.

Yup, must be an accident because the Iranians say so...

Lots of accidents happening in Iran these days. Not like it could be covert operations or anything, because that's not what the media is reporting

When done properly a covert attack looks like an accident. It's not like special forces walk away laughing and leaving their business card behind... I originally did think munitions story was correct until I heard who had died, much too convenient for the head of the missle program to be killed.

On the plus side, these attacks (if they are attacks) may be giving Israel some breathing room as they currently need to go by summer if they are going to go (but setbacks may push that timeline back)

No, that's not what covert operations are. Not much point in making them look like accidents when these accidents happen at high frequency in targeted countries, is there? Especially when these "accidents" range from explosions at missile facilities to assassinations of nuclear scientists.

My interpretation of covert operations is things that happen but are beyond the grasp of the common perception of world events, and are kept behind the scenes. Remember, just because we live in the age of instant communication with the internet, does not mean that we get to see everything that is going on. And just because Iran is a target country, doesn't mean that it doesn't play politics.

Think about it: If Iran was actually being attacked by overt, state-sponsored terrorism, what should they do? The common rationalization is that Iran would scream bloody murder and retaliate. However, most people are not experienced in how grey the field of politics really is. If Iran responded in the expected fashion, then the story would be turned upside down in our media to make Iran look like liars who are provocating a war, and we will pounce on them if they make a move in self-defense.

The real question on my mind here is, what is Iran actually doing to respond to these actions? My assumption is that the IRG is in operational mode. They have been doing most of the dirty work for Iran in the past years, especially when it comes to shooting down US/Israeli scout drones over Iranian territory (which, by the way was denied by US and Israel in every instance, much like how Iran denies the circumstances of these "accidents").
edit on 28-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The real question on my mind here is, what is Iran actually doing to respond to these actions?

Their # is blowing up faster than they can sort out what happened.

It is safe to say that they realize they can, and will, do nothing.

They scream bloody murder when insignificant assets blow up and promise retaliation. Now that their "retaliation" is disintegrating before their very eyes... they are much more cautious about how they will go about presenting themselves.

I am actually impressed, they are capable of learning a bit of humility.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No, that's not what covert operations are. Not much point in making them look like accidents when these accidents happen at high frequency in targeted countries, is there? Especially when these "accidents" range from explosions at missile facilities to assassinations of nuclear scientists.

You are simply wrong. The Iranians may suspect covert ops but they probably (at least right now) do not know if that is correct or if this is a series of blunders, internal sabotage, or a systematic attack on infrastructure (meaning they have to audit everything to find bad parts, software, etc injected into their stack). One of the main reasons covert ops often look like accidents is to cause this review, it takes time away from real work.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Who says they are doing nothing? Because we don't see it reported, means that Iran has its tail between its legs? Please refer to the quote in my signature.

Zaphod-
You are simply wrong. The Iranians may suspect covert ops but they probably (at least right now) do not know if that is correct or if this is a series of blunders, internal sabotage, or a systematic attack on infrastructure (meaning they have to audit everything to find bad parts, software, etc injected into their stack). One of the main reasons covert ops often look like accidents is to cause this review, it takes time away from real work.

I disagree. Why are we to assume that we know what Iran knows? Iran is a country under seige by our very governments and we are to believe that media, regardless of what side its from, is telling us the truth? The only things that I can even remotely consider to be truth, are the barebones facts that are repeated by all sides. In cases such as this, that may just be the fact that there was an explosion in the first place.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Abdullah! I said the red wire" KABOOM!

Developemental accidents happen. Ask the Russians how they lost a naval ammo dump in the 80's.
Ask the US Navy about Port Chicago, California during WWII.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Covert Operation...

An operation that is so planned and executed as to conceal the identity of or permit plausible denial by the sponsor. A covert operation differs from a clandestine operation in that emphasis is placed on concealment of identity of sponsor rather than on concealment of the operation.

Nuff said

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Covert Operation...

An operation that is so planned and executed as to conceal the identity of or permit plausible denial by the sponsor. A covert operation differs from a clandestine operation in that emphasis is placed on concealment of identity of sponsor rather than on concealment of the operation.

Nuff said

If you really want to get into this, than it must be realized that the CIA has been arming minority anti-Iranian factions who conduct their operations from within Iraq. This is state-sponsored terrorism designed to appear as rebels fighting the Iranian government when in fact they are proxy forces. This is modern "covert operations" on the geopolitical scale.

source (2006)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looks like there might be a crater there where the top "Buildings destroyed" arrow is pointing, kind of squared off a bit. Just noting that.

Looks like a bunch of different sized explosions went off at the same time.

edit on 28-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Who says they are doing nothing? Because we don't see it reported, means that Iran has its tail between its legs? Please refer to the quote in my signature.

Right now, they can do nothing. They are in complete disarray.

They have no idea why their assets are going "bang" - and no means with which to counter it.

Their modus operandi has been to blame the U.S. and/or Israel and promise retribution.

They are not doing that in this case, because they are genuinely taken completely off guard. They do not want to risk hostilities or provoking them at this time, because they know they are not in a position to do anything about it.

It's kind of hard to sabre-rattle when your blade just fell out of the hilt.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Looks like there might be a crater there where the top "Buildings destroyed" arrow is pointing, kind of squared off a bit. Just noting that.

Notice that there are two buildings charred by fire/explosions, with no damage to the ground between them. This denotes that something happened within both buildings separately. What are the chances of two "accidental" blasts going off in two buildings beside each other?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Notice that there are two buildings charred by fire/explosions, with no damage to the ground between them. This denotes that something happened within both buildings separately. What are the chances of two "accidental" blasts going off in two buildings beside each other?

The image date is 11-22.

??

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

This is the image that was given on page 3 of this thread, I don't know of its legitimacy.

I would say the various sizes of the explosions point toward it actually being an accident, I don't know of any cluster bombs that use different sized bomblets. Could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here is the conundrum: if iran says it's an accident, it's to cover up holes in their security...so, if the cia knows this, why don't they attack iran full out? An "accident" a few times a month is not exactly a war, could it really stop iran?
edit on 28-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

That's a picture of the aftermath of the Nov 12th "accident"

Washington Post - Before And After Pics

Take what you from it..but that's a multiple explosion complex destroyer.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This denotes that something happened within both buildings separately. What are the chances of two "accidental" blasts going off in two buildings beside each other?

Not necessarily. The initial explosion could have resulted in debris coming down onto surrounding buildings

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Take what you from it..but that's a multiple explosion complex destroyer.

I beg to differ.

The arrangement of the debris points to a more centralized source of the blast. The scorch marks are merely an indication of fire - not of an explosion.

I would place "ground zero" just outside the blue-roofed building on the upper left end of the compound (I presume that would be north-west... but I am not sure).

That building is just #ing gone - and the debris patterns of the other buildings suggests collapse away from that point with fire damage (likely from damaged electrical systems and gas systems).

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

To me it looks like you point out the location of the primary blast and it looks like there might have been secondaries possibly due to scattered ordinance or fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join