It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is gathering momentum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I agree, she is being abusive and i suspect if a non white began such a tirade against whites in public, dbcooper71 would get all hoitytoity about 'such uncivilized behaviour being uncalled for.'

Anyway, i think labelling her as a crazed half-literate semi-moron unburdened by logic would result in the ideal response to her tirade which is shaking your head in pity at her, laughing at her, or just plain ignoring her, as one does any madman on the train.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

I agree, she is being abusive and i suspect if a non white began such a tirade against whites in public, dbcooper71 would get all hoitytoity about 'such uncivilized behaviour being uncalled for.'

Well then, you suspect wrong, I probably wouldn't even bother to comment because it wouldn't effect me.
I'm comfortable with who I am, and some idiot spouting nonsense about my race or skin colour. wouldn't bother me in the slightest.....I don't want special laws to protect my feelings

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
Seriously.
Someone should should've just punched in her face.
I have no idea why no one hit her as hard as they could . If that was me on that train , I would've punched her as hard as I could and I don't even care about her kid on her lap or anything if her life. That's completely unacceptable and if you act that way around me , I'm going to hit you. Hard.

I would much rather be on a train with someone shouting racist remarks than be on a train with someone that goes around hitting people for what they believe in.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I despise racism, whatever form it takes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Her name is Emma West and she is attending Croydon Magistrates Court on December 6th. I dont think she should go to jail for her outburst because it will not change her attitude and the cause of it needs to be addressed in a civil manner, for the sake of her kid who has grown up listening to her rotten words.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Said by a wise man.

Its not pretty but many people share her views and she is entitled to have that opinion or any opinion. Arresting her will not change her views but may prevent her from venting them in the same manner. Those people in the carriage who heard her will not be alien to such views expressed to them. These views existed years ago then went under the surface for a little while but never went away. They have started to resurface when eastern europeans starting coming to uk in large numbers, then the polish and russian people started to come in large numbers and it has started again. Hatred never really went away first jews, then blacks, then asians, then albanians, then romanians now its the muslims and polish who are getting the kosh. Some people stand and fight it but most shrug it off and get on with life.

After reading the above you could argue there is an immigration problem.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
reply to post by CREAM

I may not agree with what she say's, but I'l defend her right to say it.

You'll defend somebody's 'right' to demean and degrade and verbally attack people based on the colour of their skin? What a uniquely American and frankly ridiculous thing to say. Nobody has that right, and anybody who believes they have said right are deluding themselves. Even in America disturbing the peace is a crime. At the very least what this woman is doing just that.

IMO, if anybody aboard that carriage had decided to shut her up physically they would have been well justified in doing so.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

IMO, if anybody aboard that carriage had decided to shut her up physically they would have been well justified in doing so.

Really?...while she's holding a baby....your a real class act.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would say she is being ignorant and abusive more than anything else.

I see these kinds of people everyday near where I live and when I go shopping etc. They were treated no different as children, lack any real education and tend not to really think too deeply on matters so will act like this.

The women like her round my estate are the same, small minded, under privileged and usually getting intoxicated and/or high on drugs.

Their kids usually end up being just like the ones who stamped a father to death and the type of youths who hang around in the area near where I live.

But who is to blame here? Her or the government that put people in a situation where old dogmas and prejudices are rising to the surface, giving people like this women something to hold onto and vent out in frustration.

She is no less worried about how she will live than anyone else on that train, she just acted out verbally in the wrong way at the wrong time and no doubt this came from views that are slanted and full of prejudice (racist, xenophobic, fear based assumptions etc).

I have been at the end of real racism and hate, had my faced smashed up and left in a pool of blood for being "different" but I survived and eventually got on with my life. That was 10+ years ago in the UK, around the time when Stephen Lawrence was stabbed to death at a bus stop.

I can see how some people, frustrated with all of the mess in their lives and lack of prospects, will let their ignorance and prejudices speak out.

Adios.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

Why the hell should't someone have? If I had been there the ONLY THING that would have stopped me is the fact that she had that child in her arms [which she was certainly using as protection] and I would lose my mind if someone attacked me with my 4 year old brother in my arms. But the difference is I wouldn't have been A.] inebriated out of my ever loving mind, B.] spouting monumentally offensive racist crap, or C.] getting up in people's faces, being combative, daring them to retaliate. People seem to be defending her words and actions on the grounds that the entire sh***y socioeconomic situation is so very strenuous and worry-making, the entire freaking situation on that tram was strenuous and worry-making, so,yes, it would be unfortunate in respects to that poor child in her lap, but ANYONE would have been utterly justified if they had been so troubled and upset b her ridiculous racist bull**** and just lost it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi
I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Said by a wise man.

So let's set the scenario here:

You were one of the passengers on that tram. That woman has come after you PERSONALLY, and is getting all up in your space, saying, "You don't belong here, you've turned my country to s**t, what are you doing here, go back to your own country, GTFO."

Are you sincerely telling me that as she was personally attacking YOU with absolutely no provocation, no justifiable reason, and no bloody right to speak to you like that and belittle you like that...
YOU WOULD DEFEND HER RIGHT TO FREE EFFING SPEECH TO THE DEATH?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I can't believe that people are actually against FREEDOM of speech!

I don't agree with her but has a God-damned right to say whatever the hell she wants.

If people are offended, tough luck. Maybe this will help people to stop giving a damn about what other think about them.

If it's OK to censor freedom of speech because we are "offended" Freedom of speech might as well be thrown in the garbage can right now...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm not condoning racism (or in this case, verbal prejudice as she's not doing anything except talking...but the difference between racism and prejudice is a discussion for another thread), but what would have happened if everyone just ignored her? When they got off the train, they'd think to themselves, "God, what an idiotic bigot!" That would have been the end of it.

Instead, their feelings got hurt. Or perhaps they just think that if you don't think the same way they do, you aren't deserving of free speech. That's most likely the case. You can say what you want as long as I agree with you. Otherwise, be gone!

Again, let me point out that I do not agree with her prejudices in any way, shape, or form. I do, however, firmly believe that she and other uneducated bigots like her deserve to have their opinions. Even if I find their opinions repulsive.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLiesOfEden

Let me get this straight, your saying, that spouting racist nonsense is worse than violently attacking a woman.
And if someone is being racist, whether they're male or female, people are justified in violently attacking them.

I disagree with what you say, and I believe your a danger to people, maybe you should be arrested.

edit on 30-11-2011 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
another video has been posted on youtube. this is not the same woman. it is a different person.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by aussiemisfit
That is bloody disgusting...
Not sure what else i can say without breaking T&C rules..

That **** makes me ashamed to b human or even live on the same planet as her..
Come on WW3..

So you do not wish to live, but wish WW3 to happen so everybody else can die, presumably including my 2 year old son?

And this woman has problems!?!?!?!?>!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
another video has been posted on youtube. this is not the same woman. it is a different person.

She could start by actually practicising what she's preaching. Talk about a mouth like a sewer !

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I saw this one too. ?Will this woman also be arrrested and charged like the other woman was. If not then all charges should be dropped on the Croydon woman. Lets search youtube for all racist comments and have them all charged for unlawful speech. The same goes for religious hate comments and other unlawful speech, comments etc. At least in the U.K.

I will probably be told she is just be made an example of and a warning to others who might otherwise engage in racism, but that is not how the law works or should work. I seen hundreds of race hate comments on youtube but I doubt if any had been arrested, not to my knowledge.

If you see someone breaking the law be it on youtube or other social network sites and you dont report it then you have also broken the law.

I was not offended by the words of either woman.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: edit

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

the video is getting a lot of hits now too so i wouldn't be surprised if she is arrested if they can find her.

there have been many videos post on the net that have lead to action against people. it was animal cruelty first. then we had a kid being battered and now racisim. when they are serious they get the attention.

we will most lightly see a lot more of this happening. its the new way for those without a voice to be heard.

it is certainly not my job to enfore the law. fact. that sounds like something out of 1984.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join