It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Coincidences or End of Days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
reply to post by planetdevildog

Have you got anymore info on this -

• Japan, Yonaguni underwater structures that were said to be around 12,000 years old, had writings about 2012 end of the world.

Never heard of it before and it does sound interesting, just hope its not some BS.

I would also like to know this! I did a google search for the Yonaguni structures/2012 and didn't find anything at all except for some predictions that the structures are related to the Atlantis rising stuff, but nothing about 2012 writings. Not saying this is completely false, but I couldn't hunt anything down even at notorious 2012 websites, I am hoping OP can provide a bit more info.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can you give me a link to this claim?

"• The changing magnetic field will alter the endocrine production of the pineal gland."

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Reading this got me thinking, what if the Vatican was bombed? How would this affect the world?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

"• The changing magnetic field will alter the endocrine production of the pineal gland."

I did a quick google search of that text and found a plethora of information.

Google is your friend. Use it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I need to grab lunch before I thoroughly go through this, but just from a quick glance I can say that I have already covered a number of these claims in my posts regarding 2012. I suggest you check the threads linked in my signature. Most of the claims regarding 2012 are based off of faulty research and outright lies.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
idk, im just going to party hard on 2012...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I believe that it ISNT the end of the world but as the Mayans suggest a change of consciousness through some very unpleasent events, and by unpleasent I mean a collapsing economy in various countries as well as a couple more wars.
People are being taken far out of their comfort zones away from peacefull normality and the the fearmongering about 2012 will kick in.
I've already seen a Lynx ( body spray ) advert where a guy is building a 'Noahs ark' type yaught as the commentary says 'Get ready for the end of the world'. And their only the first to jump on the paranoia bandwagon, how many more will jump on?.
So yes a consciousness shift will occur as we the public realise we've been mugged by the elites but NOT a physical death ending like in all the disaster movies.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Christians cannot call someone an idiot and be christian like

- Judge not...
- Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

The bible may say that no man knows the day nor the hour save the father, but it also says that he puts signs in the heavens for those times. I think alot of christians read too much into the "no man... day nor hour..." when just passages away it says that he gives signs in the heavens for those dreadful days comming.

Birth pangs are usually pretty much a damn good way of indicating that you have a child on the way. Mothers tend to have a general idea (outside the dr given date) when they think "it's time". Wonder how mothers knew when to squat in front of trees 3000 years ago to have children when it was time in the mongolian lands if they had no idea when their child was comming? They have a timeline. 9 months.. Birth pangs indicate the child comming. So how are we given signs and warnings if we're not to know?

Not knowing the time when.... could be general. How about not knowing the time untill the time is upon you? I would think that in this case, we can gather, if this is truth and comes to pass, that we're in that time, and should realise... rather than being told 2000 years ago, that only God knows when, which they would have no idea then... but by warnings and signs, and being in that time.... we should know whats taking place. I dont subscribe to all destruction and redemption happening in 1 second.. I imagine it, and reading what I have in the bible, to be over a period of time... I'm sure if were were in THAT time, we would know.

S&F OP. Great post for thinking!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I really would love to know where I can find info dealing with writtings or anything written in or around that sunken city off the coast of Japan. I've never heard of the findings dealing with writtings or symbols. I cant find it on google either. Can you point me in the right direction?
edit on 28-11-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think if anything the higher up people are engineering a plan around the year. There is nothing special about 2012, and they could have easily done something on a different date, as there have been numerous dates the Earth was to go through great changes or destruction. The dates that where nothing came to fruition where just test runs, designed to gauge people's reaction to the date, and the results are being noted...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by chrismicha77

I did a quick google search of that text and found a plethora of information.

Google is your friend. Use it.

Yeah but none of these sites are anything close to reliable. Posting a claim, should at LEAST have somewhat of a reliable source!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Okay here is my formal rebuttal. First off, Jenkins himself admits that his so-called alignment occurs over the course of years and that the Sun was most accurately aligned in 1998. So,assuming alignments mean anything, why would the 2012 alignment mean anything when the 1998 alignment didn't mean anything?

Now I'm going to approach this on a point-by-point basis:

The changing magnetic field will alter the endocrine production of the pineal gland.

The claims regarding the pineal gland hinge entirely on Strassman's work. However, so far no one has been able to validate his conclusions. Not to mention that he relies entirely on correlations which, as any first year undergrad knows, does not imply causation. There is also no indication that the magnetic field is changing. We have only been aware of its existence for a few decades and even then it has not significantly changed. Also, there is no evidence to suggest that the magnetic field has any impact on consciousness. While transcranial magnetic stimulation could theoretically change consciousness the strength of the magnetic field required would be much greater than the Earth is capable of producing.

The Mayans had a very precise understanding of our solar system's cycles and believed that these cycles coincided with our spiritual and collective consciousness.

The claim that the Maya had a more accurate way to measure time is a complete lie created by New Age authors. First off, there is no main calendar. There are a number of calendars that were used in tandem. Although I will assume you are referring to the haab as it is the only calendar really comparable to our own. It was used to determine planting seasons and as such relied on the Earth's position in regard to its orbit around the Sun. The time it takes for the Earth to make one revolution around the Sun, in other words a year, is 365.242 days. The current Gregorian calendar is 365.25 days which is about 11 minutes too long. The haab on the other hand was composed of only 365 days and had no system to account for the extra .242 days. Therefore, the Gregorian calendar is a more accurate way to measure days.

As for this "time between worlds," that has no basis whatsoever in Maya cosmology. The concept of multiple worlds come from the Popol Vuh, which comes from the post-Columbian era and has been shown in the past to have been influenced by Christian beliefs. Nowhere else are such beliefs expressed by the Maya. Even if the Popol Vuh accurately represented traditional Maya belief it makes no mention of time between worlds. Each world lasted 13 baktun exactly. However, this relies on the claims that the Long Count was cyclical which as I pointed out here is not the case.

There are many interesting parallels in the book of Revelations referring to a Dragon.

This is not the first time a Year of the Dragon has occurred. It's also not the first time a Year of the Water Dragon has occurred. The last time was 1952. One would also expect that if there were a time of great change it would correspond to the Earth Dragon, as that is the Dragon's natural element and it corresponds to a change in seasons.

Both the Hopis and Mayans recognize that we are approaching the end of a World Age.

Neither of these cultures recognize such a thing. The Long Count was designed to continue on to infinity and has no prophecies associated with it. The Hopi on the other hand have no End Time prophecies. At least not that have been revealed to non-Hopi. The so-called Blue Kachina prophecy is not Hopi in origin. It fact it seems to be a complete fabrication created by white men. A few years back the Hopi even put out a press release warning people that such prophecies are not Hopi in origin and are merely being used by people trying to make money.

Your claims regarding the Long Count are also wrong. The December 24, 2011 date comes from the original correlation performed by Coe. However, in the intervening years Coe's correlation was found to be inaccurate. This has since be replaced primarily by the GMT correlation which produces the December 21, 2012 date. Coe himself supports the GMT+2 correlation, which gives a date of December 23, 2012. I have no idea where your June 6 date come from.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

2012 = The Year of the Dragon in Chinese Astrology.

I'm not sure where your claims regarding the Dragon are coming from. Everything I can find says that the Dragon is associated with Yang.

The Cross formed by the Milky Way and the ecliptic

This is another false alignment. It once again relies on such claims like either the Earth or the Sun will align with the center of the galaxy on December 21, 2012. However, as I have already stated this is not the case. In fact every alignment I have seen that is supposed to occur on December 21, 2012 does not actually occur.

Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory predicts a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.

In the first edition of his book where he proposed Timewave Zero, McKenna was unable to provide a date on which the Timewave ended. It was not until the GMT correlation came about and December 21, 2012 began being picked up by other New Age authors that McKenna tied his theory to December 21, 2012. Then there's the fact that there have been a number of times where TWZ predicted something would occur, but nothing happened or vice versa.

Many new age spiritualists and philosophers ("new-agers") believe humankind will enter an age of enlightenment in 2012.

The claims made by New Age authors are mainly composed of lies. If they are not telling their own lies they are telling lies made by some other author. 2012 is the perfect example of this and has even been pointed out by Jenkins. For example, back in the 90s Ian Lungold visited Mexico and met with a man by the name Don Alejandro. While there he had passages of Jenkins' Maya 2012 Cosmogenesis translated for Don Alejandro. Following this visit Don Alejandro began telling of Mayan prophecies that almost quoted Jenkins word for word. Since then other authors have been quoting Don Alejandro, who is in turn quoting Jenkins, who was in turn to begin with just so they could say their theories were supported by the Maya.

Some alien-enthusiasts, along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers"

Every year you have people making similar claims. In fact for the past several years November has been the month where a large number of UFO researchers have claimed that disclosure would come. So far they have yet to be right.

The WebBot Project - A tool used to speed read the internet web in order to find patterns or waves of behavior.

The way WebBot works is that it data mines the most oft-repeated phrases on the Internet. 2012 has become such a large industry that of course the words “End of the World” and “2012” are going to appear together. Which in turn means that WebBot is going to associate them together as well. This of course ignores WebBot's abysmal track record.

Chinese prophecies have derived similar predictions from the I Ching or China's "Book of Changes."

It's been a while since I've studied the I Ching, but if I remember correctly the only ones connecting it with 2012 are McKenna and his followers. As I have already pointed out McKenna didn't even originally associate his system with 2012. It wasn't until other New Age authors started writing about it that he jumped on the bandwagon.

Mayans call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.

Once again, no they don't.

Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.

I'm not really familiar with Maori beliefs, so I can't say one way or another. However, the only source I can find for this claim is from the Unexplained-Mysteries forum. Also, the prophecy itself does not mention 2012.

Zulu Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.

This claim comes exclusively from Credo Mutwa. If you are unfamiliar with Mutwa, he was quoted by David Icke on numerous occasions for his own beliefs regarding reptilians ruling the world. So far no other Zulu has stepped forward to support his beliefs regarding 2012 or reptilians.

Hindus Kali Yuga (end time of man). The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.

This is another one of those lies told by New Age authors to support their claims regarding 2012. Most researchers place Kali Yuga having started in the year 3102 BCE. In fact there are researchers who claim we are actually coming to the end of Kali Yuga or that it has already ended.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Incas Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.

I have yet to see a legitimate source for this claim. In fact from my research I have only turned up a single calendar associated with the Inca and that is the 360-day calendar that is similar to the Mayan haab.

Aztec Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.

The Aztec cosmology is very similar to the Maya's cosmology. Once again, there is no reference in any Aztec writings to 2012.

Dogon Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star.

When it comes to the Dogon, everything is suspect. So many false claims have been made regarding them that it has become almost impossible to determine their actual beliefs. In this case however, the “prophecy” has never been able to be sourced back to the Dogon. We once again have only a single New Age author as the source.

Hopi Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World and beginning of the Fifth.

As I have already mentioned the Hopi have said no such thing. The same goes for the other cultures you have mentioned.

Egypt According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar), present time cycle ends in year 2012 AD

I do want to bring up this “prophecy” specifically. I have seen this claim mentioned numerous times and every time I have asked for someone to provide a source. So far not a single person has given me the information I have requested.

Japan, Yonaguni underwater structures that were said to be around 12,000 years old, had writings about 2012 end of the world.

This claim is 100% false. To date these “structures” haven't even been proven to be man made. The current consensus is that they are natural formations. So, I highly doubt that any writings have been found carved into them.

The Sybil’s Doomsday predictions

Your claims regarding the Sibyl are so wrong I don't even know where to being. First off, there were numerous sibyls at a number of locations, but none of them had anything to do with Pythagoras. It should also be said that the Delphic Sibyl and the Pythia are two separate things. Furthermore, it wasn't even the Delphic Sibyl or the Pythia who made the doomsday prophecy, but the Tiburtine Sibyl. However, her predictions make no mention of any date, let alone 2012.

Revelations in the Bible for the end of days

Once again, the Bible makes no mention of a date.

Nostradamus - The 2012 predictions would not be complete without Nostradamus

Nostradamus also makes no mention of 2012. Although I do remember a prophecy regarding a comet that mentions 1999.

Included among 2012 predictions is the belief that there is a 12th planet in our solar system whose orbital path comes close to earth every 30 million or so years.

Once again your information is so off base that I question your sources. Sitchin's proposed 12th planet has an orbit of 3600 years. However, even if it existed (it doesn't) Sitchin places its return to around the year 2900. The one who has connected it to 2012 is Nancy Lieder. Lieder has already made similar predictions in the past and been wrong. Every time she is wrong she merely comes up with an excuse and pushes the date back.

2012 Solar Flares - NASA regularly monitors solar (sun) activity and can even predict general cycles showing when the most likely time will be for larger flares.

This statement is out of date. The solar maximum is currently predicted for the spring of 2013 and it is going to one of the least active maximums in current memory.

Edgar Cayce gave more than 14 thousand readings in his lifetime.

Once again we have another made-up prophecy. Nowhere did Cayce make a prediction regarding 2012.

The fact of the matter is that pretty much every 2012 prophecy is a fabrication by New Age authors. The only culture who has specifically mentioned 2012 are the Maya. However, they have no prophecies associated with this date and do not expect the world to end. Seeing as how there is even a big budget film about 2012 I think it's pretty obvious that it has become a pretty marketable industry that many people are hoping to cash in on. However, in order for a person's book to sell they must present something new. This has led to a large number of fabricated prophecies that in turn get quoted by other authors until the point where they are actually considered legitimate. If anything happens in 2012 it will not be because of some prophecy or alignment. It will be because the world is constantly in flux and world-changing events happen every day.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So even if only 1 or 2 sources or 2012 prophecies are credible, and another couple have partial credibility, isn't that enough to take some of it seriously? Maybe even with a grain of salt?

Also, throwing away any specific end DAY, isn't it true at least that we are indeed within the RELATIVE timeframe (especially cosmically) of the
precession,
galactic median,
and solar cycle?

I mean this kind of convergence happens WAY less often than the best eclipses, blue moons etc. To actually be alive during this time is like winning the lottery... Can't we be a little excited?

So with everything we're starting to learn about quantum physics, string theory, etc. And everything we DON'T know about gravity, time, the Earth and the Cosmos... You're telling me I can't expect a single stargate, genetic mutation, advanced lifeform/consciousness or astral body experience to occur within my lifetime?

Because I think 2012 is not about all the doom and gloom.... I'm unabashedly aligned with the 'love and light' side and see the coming years as an opportunity to figure out what the ancients, monks and mysteries have been on to the whole time. Even if it means splitting reality in half to allow the psychopaths to have their garbage world.

I think at this point 2012 has become a self fulfilling prophecy... Its time to figure out what it means for you, and to not be surprised when your expectations come true, regardless of what they are....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Mayans ripped peoples heart out to appease their gods

Those are the last people I'm going to listen to

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

The Galactic "alignment" occurs for about 72 years if I remember correctly. During this time period there should be six solar maximums and the zodiac will have moved less than a degree. 2012 does not stand out as being special during this "alignment." If anything were going to happen it would have been in 1998 when this "alignment" was closest to actually being an alignment.

If by galactic median you are referring to the crossing the galactic equator disregard the above. In that case the solar system crossed through the galactic equator 3 million years. In 11 million years it will reach the apex of its oscillation and begin to move towards the galactic equator. At that point it will take another 15 million years to reach the equator. One thing I don't understand in regards to these theories regarding the galactic equator is that these "researchers" are able to pin the crossing down to a single day. Yet, it would take thousands of years to cross through the galactic equator. It's not some event you can tie to a single date.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Prophet Mohammed lifts 2 fingers when he was asked when the end days will come.

2 fingers

2012?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

It's ok to be open minded, but not so much that your brain falls out.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Prophet Mohammed lifts 2 fingers when he was asked when the end days will come.

2 fingers

2012?

I'm going to pretent you were kidding, if, you were not!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join