It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-80 - Unidentified Objects with Flightpath Tracking Enhancements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I searched and found a lot of STS-80 threads on here, but I did not see any with this particular breakdown and video analysis of these particular segments. I found this intriguing. If there is a duplicate of this video breakdown posted, I apologize, and mods feel free to delete.

From LunaCognita -

This simple presentation gives a closer look at a three different segments of footage recorded during Shuttle Mission STS-80, flown in November / December of 1996. Specifically, these three segments were filmed during the deployment of the WSF - "Wake Shield Facility" Satellite during that mission. en.wikipedia.org...

The WSF satellite is the large, free-drifting, disc-shaped object that is visible in the Field-Of-View in all three segments of footage. In segment #1, the WSF is partially visible at the very top of the FOV, and in segments 2 & 3 it is fully visible near the center at standoff distance.

With the flightpath enhancements, rather than merely showing a basic continuous flightpath trace for each object from start to finish, I instead elected to employ a more dynamic display technique here that allows for better recognition of not only the individual flight paths for each object, but it also provides a real-time visual reference of the apparent velocity of each object at any given time.

I am curious as to what these anomalies might be. I watched it several times and the usual explanations seem to be lacking for me here. I am turning to the ATS experts and rookies for some answers in the hope that someone here has seen these and has the debunk on hand.
They change speeds and direction abruptly at times, doesn't seem to be the usual space debris and ice particles, and I'm not aware of any satellites that can pull off those maneuvers.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
imo this cannot be anything other than Aliens.
stars and flags
edit on 28-11-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

S&F JibbyJedi.
Thank you for sharing this JibbyJedi.
And an Excellent video imo.
Reluctantly I don't usually post in this forum usually.
Secretly I read them often, though.

Does anyone have a link to NASA's official statement (if any) on this?

STS-80 seemed to film a lot of intersting stuff on their trip. ...

(and Good song from Dan Aykroyd's UFO interview )

Thanks for this thread,
ILikeStars

edit on 28-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: What does the first letters of each line of the first paragraph in this post say?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
To me, these show all the characteristics of bits of ice.

"But Wait!", I hear you cry, "They change direction!"

Sure, as the shuttle itself is moved.
In segment 1, where the WSF is closest to the camera, this is most obvious. The WSF is certainly seen to "wobble" through the course of its movement, so there is no reason why a bit of ice closer to the camera will not also do the same.

So now you have to come up with a reason why the WSF wobbles through the course of its progrees upwards while pretending that the shuttle isnt being moved by the controller.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Its ice....the ship is moving....you can see that by the lens flare. Which...moves
Only slightly, but its enough to show the ship is in motion, ie, rolling.

Speeding it up, slowing it down, making it negative....is all a waste of time, and does nothing to help the cause, or make it more credible.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I think you ment "flags", or you were trolling.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ice particles would change speed and direction if affected by an external force upon them, like thrusters firing for instance. These anomalies are during times when there was no pivoting thrusters firing, and the 1st segment's sharp left turn did not occur "at the same exact time" as the camera adjustment, but slightly after, which still does not explain that particular segment's movements.

The other segments have object changing speed and then direction, I did not see any visual evidence of thrusters upon those objects affecting their movements.
edit on 28-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You see the shake...thats the thrusters firing

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

You see the shake...thats the thrusters firing

Oh, didn't see that. How did you? I see the camera zoom in/adjust itself, no visual signs of thrusters firing for me though. How are you so sure of yourself based on just observation of the video?
I've seen videos of thrusters firing and there are visual signs of them, there are none visible here.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
lunacognita strikes again...i am wondering who this entity is...

S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
lunacognita strikes again...i am wondering who this entity is...

S&F

Well it's definitely not Richard Hoagland, because he went back into hiding after Elenin went away, and Luna's stuff isn't nearly as far fetched.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dillon123

Yeah i meant flags. stars and flags.

i dont think you can give fags on here.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

How are you so sure of yourself based on just observation of the video?

The same as you i suppose

You see the lens flare move, the camera shakes, and then slightly moves/zooms out.

Id also like to add, that there is no solid proof for alien life, let alone life that would be interested in us. What makes you think its aliens??

I see a spec/dot on a youtube video....these are normally attributed to be ice....i think i have more evidence for it being ice than you do for it being an alien spaceship...right?? lol

Im off to find the original unedited footage to see if the shake is clearer...speeding it up loses a lot of the detail.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
the first one is suspicious to me, it starts of with a full view and then before there is a large movement over to the left of the object the screen cuts off and blacks out the lower portion of the screen, which blocks out the spaceshuttle.

is this in the original footage from nasa? if not i would ask what is being hidden in that lower portion at that precise moment (thruster evidence?) , then again if it is in the original footage i would probably wonder the same thing what are they hiding at that precise moment (alien spaceship evidence?).

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

How are you so sure of yourself based on just observation of the video?

The same as you i suppose

You see the lens flare move, the camera shakes, and then slightly moves/zooms out.

Id also like to add, that there is no solid proof for alien life, let alone life that would be interested in us. What makes you think its aliens??

I see a spec/dot on a youtube video....these are normally attributed to be ice....i think i have more evidence for it being ice than you do for it being an alien spaceship...right?? lol

Why do people always go there? If you can't process the correct wordage and dialogue used, how can you make determinations that are accurate?

- I never said I was "sure" of anything, not in the slightest. I am perplexed, not sure of what we're seeing here at all.

- What makes me think it's aliens.... when did I ever say it was aliens? A UFO is not "alien", it's unidentified.

If the thrusters were to affect these objects' speed and direction, we should see bursts of thrusters firing also in the line of sight on these objects. If thrusters fired behind the camera, how does that affect these objects?

Take this video for example. It was explained off as thrusters firing which changed the direction and speed of the object in question. I am not so sure if that explains what we're seeing, but at least we see a "flash" like we would when thrusters fire, and the timing coincides with the change in the objects behavior.

No flashes in the video I posted by Luna, so if thrusters did fire it was out of camera view, which shouldn't affect the objects. If the thrusters fired and the ship turned sharply right, then the object would appear to turn sharply to the left, but what about the free floating WSF satellite that doesn't seem to move at all? The shuttle's POV would change to the WSF if thrusters fired.

edit on 28-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

If it was going into a roll the thruster firing wouldnt be visible...as it would be behind the camera.

The object rises from the bottom...which is where the thrusters would be....not on the arm.

As the ship (nasa's) rolls it makes the ice/ship look like its moving faster than it is. The ship (nasa's) is not stationary in space. It rolling and moving constantly. This is why there are so many videos like this.

If it were stationary (nasa's ship) id be a little more open to it being other than ice.

Another thing is solar winds and the like. If you can move a satellite/spaceship through space using this, then why wouldnt it effect any other objects????

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

So you're saying the shuttle AND the WSF satellite did a thruster roll pivot perfectly in sync at the same time this object zoomed off to the left? That's unlikely, the arm is extended out toward the satellite while this supposed maneuver took place, I don't believe the shuttle would make such an abrupt thrust maneuver while the delicate arm extension was out like that.
The perspective of the satellite to the shuttle doesn't really change during the time the object veered off to the left. It is possible thrusters firing were out of camera view, but then we would be assuming that no ice particles were visible from the thrusters that affected the object, which is also unlikely. Thrusters produce a lot of visible particles, especially in the light.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Luna Cognita strike again!

The same video, and the same UFO here www.abovetopsecret.com...
The spacecraft is wrong, of course. Not ISS but STS80.

Luna Cognita video confirm that "when up there, we never walk alone."
S&F.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Ice particles would change speed and direction if affected by an external force upon them, like thrusters firing for instance. These anomalies are during times when there was no pivoting thrusters firing, and the 1st segment's sharp left turn did not occur "at the same exact time" as the camera adjustment, but slightly after, which still does not explain that particular segment's movements.

Your assertion that there were no thrusters firing at the times of course changes of some dots is a significant claim. What evidence do you offer to support it?

ADDED: I see in another message that this is a conclusion based on absence of visible thruster plumes. I've addressed that, in the following message.

It would be far better to obtain the thruster firing history for the time interval in question and look at what the telemetry shows.

It would also help to obtain direct eyewitness testimony from astronauts on that flight. Story Musgrave and Tom Jones have gone on the record. Can their comments be obtained via a normal google search?
edit on 28-11-2011 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Your assertion that there were no thrusters firing at the times of course changes of some dots is a significant claim. What evidence do you offer to support it?

Again, the fact that the shield is completely detached yet does not move in relation to the shuttle means that the shuttle can NOT have rolled. If the shuttle rolled, you would see the the shield make the same abrupt angle change. What evidence do you offer to refute that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join