It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enraged Pakistanis burn Obama effigy, slam US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is Pakistan going to be the next country with massive civil unrest? Relations were already strained between the U.S. and Pakistan now this happens. I think it's time to get our troops out of there.

From source:
"Hundreds of enraged Pakistanis took to the streets across the country Sunday, burning an effigy of President Barack Obama and setting fire to US flags after 24 soldiers died in NATO air strikes.

They shouted: "down with America, stay away Americans, Pakistan is ours, we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our army", while Pakistani riot police were deployed near the consulate."

Link:news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Not so much civil unrest as a larger conflict with other nations possibly, not that Pakistan are asking for this, although that's what they're leading us to believe

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The US wanted it and looks like they are going to get it. You may bribe corrupt politicians but that won't stop the masses. They just love us love us to death that is. Gee I really don't understand why. Could it be because the US keeps invading their country and killing their people and running their government? Pakistan is not one of my favoirte places but even they are not so dumb as not to see what is happening. It is said pride goeth before a fall. I sure hope TPTB can handle this one but somehow I really doubt it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many Pakistanis are going launch attacks against our troops via Afghanistan. It's such a mess over there and it seems to get worse by the day. They don't want us there I think we should get out and let them fight their own wars.

Doesn't Pakistan have nuclear weapons? I hope the Pakistan government is able to keep things under control.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If they were really concerned about civilian deaths, how come they never burn Al Qaida/Taliban flags ? since they have killed far many muslims than the west ever have. unless they actually support them........

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Where do the flags come from,ordinary everyday Pakistanis struggling to get by can afford to buy flags and burn them?Are they air dropped in from a Hercules or a dollar a dozen at the local joke store.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Yeah, I never thought of that why do all of these people who hate America have our flags? I don't have an Iranian or Russian flag in my closet!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

"Al Qaida/Taliban "

Maybe "they", many pakistanis, don't use western tainted media propaganda terms like "Al Qaida" or "Taliban " like programmed sheeple do.. perhaps they refer to those fighting for freedom from america/ nato as 'neighbors".. perhaps "Muslim brothers" even, eh?

Could it be they share similar goals of evicting unwelcome death dealing occupiers?.. or should the local masses blindly accept their corrupt so called leaders word that "nato troops are your friends".. lol,

gop / dnc party leaders can purchase pakistani govt publicly made 'official' opinions.. but it's blatantly obvious the DC mafia hasn't come close to winning local "hearts & minds".

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

"Iranian or Russian flag in my closet"

You might if Iranian or Russian troops were killing your friends / brutally occupying the country next door threatening your way of life.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Well if that was happening I think I would save my money to buy a weapon to defend myself, not waste my money on a flag to burn.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

You might if Iranian or Russian troops were killing your friends / brutally occupying the country next door threatening your way of life.

YAH RIGHT

You go publicly and try to burn another countries flag or the Koran
and see how much BS you get.. Ask Terry Jones

I think it is because we are not animals is why we do not have their flags
burn them, and burn there holy book.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I had a look on Ebay for a Pakistan flag and there were actually quite a few and cheap for a few dollars.
I have no intention of buying one .If i want to burn something it will be tobacco ,petrol or breakfast but hey thats just me.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by GovtFlu

YAH RIGHT

You go publicly and try to burn another countries flag or the Koran
and see how much BS you get.. Ask Terry Jones

I think it is because we are not animals is why we do not have their flags
burn them, and burn there holy book.

Least we forget the 'Book Burnings' that have occurred due to Religious Rule,

and just because we don't Burn others flags, don't mean they don't get demeaned enough by propaganda and media

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Freedom can never be bestowed by others. It must be won by the citizens themselves.

For years, US had been propping up the Pakistan regime with funds from USA. It had helped prevented economic collapse by the inept and corrupt paki gov, and an arab spring in Pakistan. Religion alone will not feed a people. It needs the combination of civilised social tools to ensure a sustainable system for the generation of well being and shared prosperity to its people.

While the military and its few syncophants will rally, burn flags, etc to show displeasure, MANY more pakistanis are worried when US pulls out, for that would be the end of free money for their commercial interests, and faced with a powerful India and China ready to gobble it up, one way or another.

US asked for nothing in return for the aid except for the capture or termination of terrorist activities originating from Paki's borders. China and India aren't that gracious when they start offering their 'aid'. Many pakistanis know this.

It's their choice. Somalians made theirs, and it is a blighted land today without a future, and a land that even rapacious China does not want. Pakistanis are bright people with a future ahead, but today, its the masses choice to make, if not for themselves, it will be for their own generations' future and not let it be hijacked by the selfish few for their own personal glory and greed.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave
If they were really concerned about civilian deaths, how come they never burn Al Qaida/Taliban flags ? since they have killed far many muslims than the west ever have. unless they actually support them........

If you burn those flags, you don't make the news. Burn a US flag, you make the news every time. I've been hearing that this incident may have been staged. I have nothing concrete yet, if I do I will post it, but, it would explain a few things.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Yeah you're right the taliban/al qaida are fighting for freedom and they haven't killed a single muslim. let's take a look at some of the rules thery impose while fighting for freedom

www.rawa.org...

- Banned listening to music, not only for women but men as well.
- Banned the watching of movies, television and videos, for everyone
- Banned the use of the internet by both ordinary Afghans and foreigners.
- Anyone who converts from Islam to any other religion will be executed
-Ban on women studying at schools, universities or any other educational institution.
-Whipping of women in public for having non-covered ankles.
-Ban on women being treated by male doctors.
-Ban on women laughing loudly. (No stranger should hear a woman's voice
-Ban on women playing sports or entering a sport center or club.
-Compulsory painting of all windows, so women can not be seen from outside their homes.
-Ban on males and females traveling on the same bus. Public buses have now been designated "males only" (or "females only

But you're right this is fighting for freedom / end sarcasm. The truly disgusting part is how they kill each other, blowing there own brothers and sisters up outside mosques on a daily basis all over the islamic world. Muslims are truly there own worst enemys.

new topics

top topics

join