It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Arrests Five Year Old for Acting Out in School...Zip Ties Hands and Feet. (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
reply to post by jude11

I'm glad you agree, no one here could disagree
the kid would STOP acting out if he knew he was
going to get pepper sprayed and tazed....

Pepper spray and taze him a few times and see how quick
he gets his crap together..
edit on 27-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

I think you should read my post again.

I quite clearly stated that I DO NOT agree with Tazing and Pepper Spraying a 5 yr old child. Who could?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Any parent can put their kids on drugs. It takes a real parent to treat their problems with reality

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry if your child had an actual condition, so please don't take offense while I belittle all the other "umbrella" diagnoses of ADHD.

I know there are some real cases out there. But I also know I would have been a pretty severe case, and my Mom would never have medicated me. Instead, she challenged me, she had me reading by age 4, playing sports, doing chores, riding my bike, etc., etc. I went to work with Dad sometimes. I was kept busy, and challenged. They also took time to actually listen to me, and explain things when necessary.
matter what.

I agree with your entire post.

Every child that falls under this "umbrella" is different.

At age 4 it was trying to stay 10 steps ahead of her and prevent her from getting hurt. Read a book? She didn't even sit. Fortunately - - once she was asleep she stayed asleep.

There was a swim team a block from my house. She joined that at age 6 - - swimming every night for 2 hours and meets almost every weekend. It helped - - but she still didn't sit.

EDIT: oh yeah she wasn't on drugs. Except for a short time - - only at school - - in a minimal dose. Her doctor did not believe in medicating kids. He would give meds for a short time (6 months max) - - so the child could recognize the difference in behavior - - then expected them to take personal responsibility for it without meds.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That child's got some spirit.

SO - the way I see it - THE GOVT tried to intimidate a child, and the child wouldn't be intimidated.
So they have to hog tie him and declare him crazy.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
That child's got some spirit.

SO - the way I see it - THE GOVT tried to intimidate a child, and the child wouldn't be intimidated.
So they have to hog tie him and declare him crazy.

Yup.

Learning to take a stand against authority at such a young age should be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

EDIT: oh yeah she wasn't on drugs. Except for a short time - - only at school - - in a minimal dose. Her doctor did not believe in medicating kids. He would give meds for a short time (6 months max) - - so the child could recognize the difference in behavior - - then expected them to take personal responsibility for it without meds.

That sounds like a good Doc, and an actually useful and logical way to use the drugs!

As much as I hate mind-altering drugs, I can see a month or two of anti-depressants, or a valium for a stressful flight, or the use you quote above. That is why drugs were invented. They help us through a hard time, but they should never used instead of finding a real cure.

BTW, I forgot to mention, GREAT JOB on the Swim Team! You sound like a good parent.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree with you,Annee.
A special needs child is a huge umbrella.
Every child receives,or should receive,an IEP,which is an Individualized Education Program.
The includes individualized discipline guidelines for each child too.
What may work for one child,may not work on another.
My wife's job now is to train teachers and counselors on how to properly asses these children.
And she has many problems,not with the kids,but from the teachers not wanting to do their job.

In your case,the ADHD was more severe than in mine.
This kid in the vid was failed by the parents and the schools.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Heres a better story.

A routine traffic stop turned into a heroic moment for one Texas police officer when he saved a choking child’s life. The veteran sergeant, who wants to remain unnamed, was writing a traffic ticket in Pasadena, Texas, when a frantic mother approached the officer with her young son. According to the Pasadena Police’s chief of operations, Bud Corbett, the boy had accidentally tightened a zip tie around his neck, restricting his breathing. “It was obvious that the zip tie was creating restriction that was risky to the child,” Chief Corbett told ABC News. With no time to spare, the 20-year police veteran jumped into action as two police dashboard cameras caught the whole Nov. 5 incident on tape. The cameras show the officer running back to his car to grab a seat belt cutting tool.

The sergeant, who does not want to be recognized, can be heard on video telling another officer, “That kid put a big ol’ tie wrap around his neck, and he was choking out and I just saved his life.” The other officer replies, “Good job.”

Police Officer Saves Choking Boy’s Life

A positive Officer,Zip Tie,Child moment.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jude11

Heres a better story.

A routine traffic stop turned into a heroic moment for one Texas police officer when he saved a choking child’s life. The veteran sergeant, who wants to remain unnamed, was writing a traffic ticket in Pasadena, Texas, when a frantic mother approached the officer with her young son. According to the Pasadena Police’s chief of operations, Bud Corbett, the boy had accidentally tightened a zip tie around his neck, restricting his breathing. “It was obvious that the zip tie was creating restriction that was risky to the child,” Chief Corbett told ABC News. With no time to spare, the 20-year police veteran jumped into action as two police dashboard cameras caught the whole Nov. 5 incident on tape. The cameras show the officer running back to his car to grab a seat belt cutting tool.

The sergeant, who does not want to be recognized, can be heard on video telling another officer, “That kid put a big ol’ tie wrap around his neck, and he was choking out and I just saved his life.” The other officer replies, “Good job.”

Police Officer Saves Choking Boy’s Life

A positive Officer,Zip Tie,Child moment.

Agreed,

A much better story.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I do not advocate pepper spraying or tazing
a 5 year old.

Does not mean it would NOT work...

It could work. Does not mean it should be done.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
so the officer admits he put his hand on the boy, and the boy knocked his hand off of him.

the officer over reacted, I'd sue his ass off

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was looking for the source of this story and found it,
nevermind.
www.kcra.com...
edit on 27-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

KCRA 3 obtained a copy of the U.S. Department of Education's report on Michael's arrest. The report states that the Stockton Unified School District "delayed an evaluation of the student [Michael] which denied the student a fair and public education." They added that the school didn't offer behavioral services to Michael or his mother, because "it would cost the district money." The report goes on to say that, whether or not funds are available through state or federal grants, the school district had an obligation to have Michael evaluated, which it failed to do. Read more: www.kcra.com...

I think the school district is going to be sued bigtime !!!
edit on 27-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Firstly, I get really tired of the ADHD excuse being used to excuse behavior like this child's. But, more importantly, what kind of training do these school officials have that they felt it was better to call the police before the parents? I have nothing against using a cop to put a little fear into an out of control kid.. It's something that cops used to do for parents all the time. But, nowadays, cops don't do it that much because they don't have the time, especially here in Stockton where I live. This kid seems to have more issues than just ADHD. His mom says, "he's just a comedian," Well, if that's the way she portrays him, then she is largely in denial about her kid's anger issues.

It appears none of these people knew how to handle this kid appropriately. That says something about lack of training within our school district and law enforcement. It looks like this was our city's school district police, which are largely a bunch of misfits, if you ask me. I'm just trying to keep it real, here. I know for a fact that many of the people they hire are those who fail to make the grade for our city police or sheriff's department positions. They've had some real humdingers working as school cops, believe me.

What gets me is that the school district has it's own police department, yet many of the schools are STILL assigned a cop from our CITY police department to work on site at some campuses as their permanent assignment.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
its great now that bad parent's have ADHD to blame.

thats right parents, if your kids are obnoxious little #'s , it's your fault.
edit on 27-11-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm starting to think this is all part of a campaign to desensitize children to a police state. When it's normal for 3rd graders to get arrested by police.....they won't be suprised when they have zero freedoms/rights when they get older.
edit on 27-11-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I'm starting to think this is all part of a campaign to desensitize children to a police state. When it's normal for 3rd graders to get arrested by police.....they won't be suprised when they have zero freedoms/rights when they get older.
edit on 27-11-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

I believe that you are closer to the truth than many here I'm afraid.

Get 'em trained to accept those shackles. Both the physical and psychological ones.

edit on 27-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Did anyone notice this ?

"Some of that's really abstract," said UC Davis Professor of Education Shannon Cannon, speaking on how young children react. "We need to try to make it a little bit more concrete," she said, adding that young children are often more physical than vocal. When KCRA 3 interviewed Cannon, her students were learning about dealing with problem behavior in the classroom. Cannon says she has seen children as young as 7 years old act out physically and they can get violent, even dangerous to others around them -- but adds that it is important to have a behavioral plan in place as soon as the child is diagnosed. Read more: www.kcra.com...

Wasn't UC Davis also involved with the pepper spray incident??

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In all honesty if my child behaved like that, i would spank him myself, isn't it our responsibility as parents to educate and teach respect to our kids ?

Apart from psychopaths in government the biggest problem in society today is kids do not get taught respect like I got taught 35 years ago.

Some cases may actually be ADHD, but I think most are parents passing the buck because they failed as parents.
edit on 27/11/2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yep.

You couldn't pay me to move to Cali.

I have a couple of friends here in FL from Cali, and you couldn't pay them to move back. Typical traffic stop includes lying face down in the middle of the road with arms and legs extended. Even if your only offense was having a nice car in a bad neighborhood. Or being white in a black neighborhood, or black in a white neighborhood, etc. And, I'm actually a fan of profiling, but not when it comes at gunpoint and lying face down in the middle of the road with your door left open so they can search your car without a warrant.

Nope, me and Cali cops would not last long together. Apparently, even as a successful adult with kids in preschool and kindergarten, I still would find myself at odds with Cali cops. It's best I stay on the right instead of the extreme left coast.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
In all honesty if my child behaved like that, i would spank him myself, isn't it our responsibility as parents to educate and teach respect to our kids ?

Apart from psychopaths in government the biggest problem in society today is kids do not get taught respect like I got taught 35 years ago.

Some cases may actually be ADHD, but I think most are parents passing the buck because they failed as parents.
edit on 27/11/2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

Except for the fact that if you spank your kid, you can be arrested for assault but a cop can manhandle the same kid, tie his feet and hands...and that's ok.

Starting to feel like our kids are state property yet?

Seems that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join