It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Crafting Rules for Drone Planes in U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
video.foxnews.com...

I know, I know, its Fox....

techcrunch.com...

So, basically, they expect that by next year, we should start seeing UAVs flying around in the homeland. I can see all kinds of up-sides to this, from civilian uses to security uses. But, alas, there are so many more down-sides.

Conspire on.....

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When the Govt. wants to spy on its own people from the skies, peek into their houses, run hands over their bodies in public and listen to their conversations without permission, there is no "up-side".

Period

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't want to live in a country where UAVs patrol the skies.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You mean they aren't already using them? Since I have been living where I am now, I have sworn that I have heard a UAV overhead a couple times at night. I honestly didn't think much of it. They make a very distinctive sound depending on the type of UAV, but tend to sound like a lawn mower in the sky.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If you read through the second article, you'll see that they cover a few of the "up-sides". But, with our current situation over here, I can agree with your statement. Which is why its in the Conspiracy Forum.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Once they become the norm, you wont mind em so much. You'll get used to them watching while you scratch your butt and what not. Its no biggy.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't care what they say the rules are...
Those will change incrementally over time...
Until the skies over our heads are patrolled by armed and autonomous worker bees...
Just like the other countries we are currently democratizing.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I do,sitting in my back garden with a 12 gauge shooting down government UAV's in a desolte dystopia

Post apocalyptic clay pidgeon shooting

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420

I do,sitting in my back garden with a 12 gauge shooting down government UAV's in a desolte dystopia

Post apocalyptic clay pidgeon shooting

lmao....that's right....all we gotta do is shoot them outta the sky.....case of beer and a shotgun, and you have yourself some real quality entertainment!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Several people own private UAV's and fly them around towns . I wonder if the new FAA rules would have separate rules for private citizens. The tech is cheap enough now that for less than 2000 dollars you can build and fly your own UAV with gps programming and gyro stabilization. Not to mention the cameras and other payloads.

Hopefully these new rules will not hamper these peoples hobbies.

If you are interested in home made UAV's just google them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Indeed. Keep in mind recently there was some dimwit who thought he'd plan a Terrorist attack using this technology, recently I came across a really awesome civilian "FPV aircraft" company called Team Blacksheep that appear to sell complete kits. They have also filmed some incredible footage using them, I certainly recommend watching them for entertainment purposes. *Dear Santa* Now to figure out what the FAA and local laws are in regards to operating these things in the states... I'm sure they are more than restrictive.

Heck if you're talking about shooting down UAVs with a 12 gauge, I'd say have a bit more fun and buzz them with your own UAVs.
Assuming, that is, that you don't mind having Homeland Security come take you for a ride for an indefinite amount of time to an undisclosed location.

In all honesty though, law enforcement borne UAVS flying around really wouldn't bother me too much, considering that everywhere we go we are on camera already, that is until I see one hovering at my window.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You can alway's declare a no fly Zone and ask NATO to enforce it

to me it going to be just a other big black bird

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

...that is until I see one hovering at my window.

Freaky deaky... Chik-Chik-Blam! woops, I thought it was a Peeping Tom!
(it was)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
When the Govt. wants to spy on its own people from the skies, peek into their houses, run hands over their bodies in public and listen to their conversations without permission, there is no "up-side".

Period

Not for us anyway.

Someone will hack their drones and crash them all into the sea!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ah this makes me want to throw up

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

Hehe! I was going to comment earlier, I wonder how long it will be before some back yard tinkerer takes one down.

Some of those punkin' chunkin cannons could probably get the job done. =]

Does anyone know if these drones are going to be armed? I guess the FAA is still figuring out the regulations, so it might not be known yet. Are they simply for observation or will they be equipped with weapons?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

That is exactly what I was thinking about, the drones are nothing but crap they have a very poor history wherever they have been used, is nothing but a waste of tax payer dollars, they will be falling out of the ski like death birds and become a hazard to humans in the street, I can not wait to see how the project backfired without any human intervention.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Scary stuff, but I live near a major air base, so I see these things daily, So I guess I've already been spotted.

Good luck everybody

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
300 years ago Americans fought to build a country free from oppression and tyranny of the government. Now, under the guise of national security we have government advisers telling American citizens that they don't have a right to know about classified information.

In the end, the law'll never catch and hold them. In a year or two, they'll be back in business. New names, new messenger boys, same old story.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No offense, but I hope that those of you suggesting shooting them down are joking. The only way this would be possible is if you sat right next to the launch pad/runway where they are taking off. These things fly at an altitude that would make them impossible to hit with conventional firearms. A shotgun wouldn't even come close. A high powered rifle might get there, but your chances of hitting a moving target at that range are basically nil. IMO electromagnetic interference (directed EMP/high energy transmission or classic radio jamming) and/or hacking the guidance system are the only realistic options for bringing one down.

But as another commenter suggested, you will probably be disappeared if you try. Chances are that they'll have a nice shot of your ugly mug long before they're in range for you to bring them down.

Interesting times we're living in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join