It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as a mental illness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Clearly people on this thread are not able to view things rationally from outside of what society has forced them to accept as reality.
Keep pumping drugs at something you don’t understand and being pawns for pharmaceutical companies and see how future generations turn out. We have performed a new generation lobotomy on almost half of society, and the human race will pay the consequences.
I’m guessing that most of you did not watch the video in full, so please do and consider what it says without emotion and/or pre conceived ideas.
Also, if this topic interests you, please watch the movie posted on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
reply to post by boymonkey74

Those people are there because people like you have created them. You created what we now term as mental illness an umbrella term so far reaching anyone can be assessed and classed under it. From electroshock to chemical therapies these are all things you have enacted upon your fellow man because he didn't fit your definition of the world. SCUM #S.

If one reaches into a radio and removes a few wires its not going to continue on the radio station previously tuned is it?

When these people who have been treated so by you have been given the right to retaliate, to design your suffrage, that is when we will find harmony again.

Everyone who is part of this system should stop now. If you do not understand the actions you are asked to perform STOP because you are doing more harm than good.

What?

I have a mental illness. Clinical depression. It runs in the family through one parent's side of the family but I didn't realise or know that until after I'd been suffering for a number of years myself.

How dare you try to claim that mental illness is created by man and given through zany conditioning courtesy of a fictional "Illuminati/PTB" faction.

You sound like you have a mental illness of your own with those views, namely ones that include paranoia and delusion as traits of such illnesses.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

No feelings hurt here.

It's hard to take any insults seriously when you consider the source.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

OK. OK. I'm convinced mental illnesses exist. You win.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Mental illness is real, believe me. When you go through it yourself it is too real, especially afterwards and you get the opportunity to reflect on what actually happened. I'm fighting fit now, but that was a very dark time and I hope it never happens again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I know someone with awful schizophrenia, and for him to go off his meds is for him to curl up in a ball thinking he is seeing a little girl everywhere, and hearing voices telling him all sorts of rubbish.

With the meds he can actually function somewhat normally in life.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

STOP THE NAME CALLING !!!

BE CIVIL and STAY ON TOPIC !!!

Your post will be removed and you will be post banned.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just gonna say to all the people effected one way or the other by mental illness. Good luck all my heart goes out to you all and I hope you get better or your loved one's do.
Thing is posts like this can cause real harm to someone who is taking medication, they could read this and stop taking their med's because the guy in the video is wearing a tie lol but true.
So to anyone reading this keep on taking your med's but write down any question's you have to ask when you see your care team next xxxx
edit on 27-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I commend you for the work you do, I know it can be difficult, yet rewarding.

I have a suspicion that some of those so vehemently opposed to mental illness being real have been diagnosed with something and resented it.
Meds DO make a difference and so does counseling.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

As the poster above you, I'd also like to thank you for your work. It's people like you that helped me out in my darkest hour. Like I said in my first post, People who don't think mental illnesses are real are people who have never had to experience them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Cheers dude if only my pay reflected all the work we all do lol
But yes I agree with your statement about people who attack mental health may have been labeled and they resent it.
But this is part of the problem , if someone say's "I am going to see the Doctor tmr" and the other person says "Oh why something up with you?" if the first person says" Yes Iam going to see a shrink because I hear voice's" the second person is going to be afraid of them because since time began we have been afraid of getting sick and more so if it's a mental illness because of the stigma attached to mental illness.
If you look into the history of treating mental illness you will find the mentally ill have been shut away in asylums (which were normally far away from towns etc).
What need's to be done is getting people's mind set away from "It's a quack science" or if you are mentally ill you should be locked away.
I have worked with a guy who left my unit (but Iam a member of his care team) and he has been trying to get a job and by law he has to declare that he has been sectioned. The employer's see this and don't even give him an interview, which is a shame because he is a hard working lad
. The stigma against mental illness is what we should be fighting because it's just like any sickness and anyone suffering from it should be given the care and support they would be given as much as if they had any other illness.
Rant over night night all

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've been trying to get the hospital to do counseling for my niece or just talk to her without her mom there and without me there to see what she wants. But, they physically throw her out. They talk to her for two minutes , say shes fine and then sends her home. They don't see the real her.

This is her in a nut shell. I don't have to get my degree out of cracker jack box to diagnosis her. She does everything that is listed on here. And, I've only lived with her for 2 months. She needs to be re-evaluated because I think she has been missed diagnosed with the Autism or ADHD.

Disorganized schizophrenia

Disorganized schizophrenia is one of several types of schizophrenia, a chronic mental illness in which a person loses touch with reality (psychosis). Disorganized schizophrenia is marked by thoughts, speech and behavior that are inappropriate and don't make sense.

Disorganized schizophrenia is considered a more severe type of schizophrenia because people with this condition may be unable to carry out routine daily activities, such as bathing and meal preparation. It may be hard to understand what people with disorganized schizophrenia are saying. Also, frustration and agitation may cause them to lash out.

Disorganized schizophrenia is sometimes known as hebephrenic schizophrenia.

Disorganized thinking. Disorganized thinking causes illogical, nonsensical thought patterns. This disorganization is also noticeable in the way an affected person talks. A person with disorganized thinking may not be able to stay on track in a conversation, instead jumping from one unrelated idea to another, so that it's impossible to understand what the person is trying to say. Making up words is common. Written communications also are very disorganized.

Grossly disorganized behavior. The disorganized behavior common to this type of schizophrenia causes severe problems in an affected person's ability to function in daily life. Bathing, dressing appropriately or preparing meals may be impossible. Other common issues include confronting others without logical reason, wearing many layers of clothing on a warm day, having a very messy appearance or engaging in sexual behavior in public.

Absent or inappropriate emotional expression. A person who lacks emotional expression (flat affect) has a blank face and doesn't make eye contact or use common body language. Although an affected person may show emotion at times, the person's range of expression is very limited compared with others. Emotions inappropriate to the situation also are common, such as acting silly or laughing loudly during a serious event.

Other signs and symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia
Although the main symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia are disorganized thinking and behavior, people with this condition may also have some of the other common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia, such as:

Having beliefs not based on reality (delusions)
Seeing or hearing things that don't exist (hallucinations), especially voices
Grimacing
Odd postures
Trouble functioning at school or work
Social isolation
Clumsy, uncoordinated movements
[/ex]
www.mayoclinic.com...=symptoms
edit on 27-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Are you in the US or the UK or where?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

US

It's been a week and she still hasn't bathed. Not even jail will she bathe. And she publicly grabs for upper private parts. Thinking it's funny and okay to do. No matter how many times you tell her not to do it. She threw everything from my fridge and dumped it all on my kitchen floor, saying she wants to live in a messy house. Literally dumping a 2 liter soda, milk, cereal, etc... on the floor. Her handwriting is at a 3 year old level and she's 16.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
if you are designed as a servant then ofcourse being overly ill mentally can be like a bad program with a computer virus so ofcourse you are removed from the everyday rat race........we are in hell no need to listen to religion tellingg you that you can go if you dont behave we are already here

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The first thing that this guy in the video says is, "I'm Stephen Molyneux..... from Freedommain Radio, which is the largest and most popular philosophy show in the world."

OKAY! Someone sounds dellusional....

I know of someone else who hates psychiatry too.

youtu.be...

There are a lot wrongs in the field of medicine, but this guy doesn't have the cure, he just has criticism. This sounds like a lead into some kind of Scientology speil.

Confess your cimes, write down your overts and withholds and you will be healed!

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ah Iam in the UK so I can only say what I think you can do...
Ok you need to get your sister to go to a doctor and explain everything your niece does, he will get a unit to section the person for 72 hour's for observation (section 4) I don't know the rule's in the US but in the UK a family member can get the person sectioned.
I do suggest going to a doc who know's you and if you describe what is happening to her, they should do something about it.
Like I said we may do thing's differently in the UK.
I hope your situation get's better and to be honest if she does attack you/your family you should just call the cop's and tell them you want a psyc evaluation taken out.
Take care

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
...anxiety, sadness or depression, anger, irritability, mental confusion, low sense of self-worth, etc., behavioral symptoms such as phobic avoidance, vigilance, impulsive and compulsive acts, lethargy, etc., cognitive problems such as unpleasant or disturbing thoughts, repetition of thoughts and obsession, habitual fantasizing, negativity and cynicism, etc. Interpersonally, neurosis involves dependency, aggressiveness, perfectionism, schizoid isolation, socio-culturally inappropriate behaviors, etc

You might actually be having a perfectly normal response to a very abnormal life.

edit on 27-11-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join