It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the issues in the world and I can only die laughing... oh god.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound awful. And even I can't understand myself or explain this, but I just read a post on here where "Iran is threatening to Nuke Turkey if the USA and whatever don't do this and that" and did some internal hysterical laughing.
I don't know if this is all about 'waking up' or not but to me it just suddenly hit me. It all seems like such an.... attention whore kinda thing. How all these Countries keep fighting over really stupid stuff, and threaten to blow others up if this and this isn't done.

I'm just starting to view the world as this huge hysterical joke/pun as if it's filled with a bunch of 5 year olds, each wanting their own way and are tantruming to get it. Seriously. Am I wrong here or am I on to something? All I can do is sit and laugh when just as of a few hours ago, posts on here were really concerning me to no end. Its like something just went 'snap' (hopefully not my sanity) and I just see everything ever going on as silly and childlike.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

First, they didn't threaten to nuke them... They threatened to launch missiles' at them...
Secondly, this started out as a stupid issue but now each side stepped to far and if they back off they lose credibility....
Thirdly, Why would you laugh at a potential gateway to the war that will destroy mankind?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Probably because I didn't word it right. I'm as worried as the next person but it all just suddenly struck me as acting just how a spoiled 5 year old acts when they don't get their way. They toss tantrums, threaten stuff to get their own way. Heck even my USA's gov't acts the same way. And for us normal people, we just shake our heads.

edit to add: maybe we NEED to start over. Mankind is getting rather ridiculous as of late. The control and destruction is over the top and then some. Someone one here once said maybe we need a MELE (mass extinction level event) in order to start over and repair and redo. Sometimes I agree.
edit on 27-11-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Exactly. This: "Secondly, this started out as a stupid issue but now each side stepped to far and if they back off they lose credibility.... "

I want the peanut butter cookie.
No i want it.
NO I WANT IT.
I'm going to push you in the mud.
NOOOOO YOU DON'T, now I'm going to push YOU off a house!
Im going to break your leg
I'm going to break your /face/
I'm going to shoot you now
I'm going to nuke you now.

All for a peanut butter cookie. *shakes head* Just like spoiled 5 year olds wanting their way.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I honestly can agree with that....

We don't need a extinction event, What we need is a global uprising if everyone realized what was truly going on i doubt very many would stand for it... The USA is a bully, we use the most powerful military in the world to suppress everyone who tries to stand up to us....

We have 2000+ nuclear weapons and to alot of countries they feel they need one as the only way to prevent invasion by the west...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

that is a good example....

Instead of a cookie just imagine Money and oil....
#s' getting old i wanna move to Britain or New Zealand because they only get involved when it's their legal obligation or because they have too

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As Don Juan would call them "Black Magicians". They are oblivious to everything, only want possessions, and ponder not if there is some higher purpose in their life than just trying to make it in this world which will become completely irrelevant to them once they die. Sadly, this is most of mankind. The reason I am even drawn to this forum is that it seems to have a much higher percentage of higher-conscious beings than any other community I have come across. Perhaps we are waking up, perhaps not. Perhaps mankind will destroy itself, perhaps not. All I know is that these people only care about getting their hands on every drop of money they can, and while I do not necessarily judge that as "wrong", I know that when I am laying on my death bed (which will probably seem to appear within the blink of an eye), I would rather say that I at least had something such as "love" or "peace" than a good "social status" or "lot's of money", which, again, is only relevant to this world and life and will be meaningless once you die! I'm sure most people probably wish something ill would meet these people or they would meet judgement, but in the end, they are already suffering by being so oblivious to the Universe and being such low-level beings.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Kudos to you. That is the whole of it. I too would much rather stay poor and be happy and grateful for what i save months to get than have it all and get anything I want in a snap of the fingers. And, despite being poor, I still give what I can to those less fortunate than myself. Because I know what it's like, I have empathy.

If the world would just figure out the simplest fix to all issues, which is:

"Everything ever is an opinion. You have yours, I have mine. We both believe in ours 100% and therefore it is true to us. Don't tell me mine is wrong and I won't tell you yours is wrong. We just agree to disagree, meet on some kind of middle ground and life goes on."

they would have an instant cease to all wars, fights, religious wars and so on. Plus adopting that idealogy would no doubt cause more empathy. Another thing lacking.

So simple yet why no one can grasp that beats me. Guess it's not hard enough or something. Complexity must be where it's at.

top topics

join