It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic/Dubstep/Binaural Beats part of Illuminati/NWO?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thed3adbeat
Okay. Awesome. As someone who makes music myself I feel I can say quite a few things about this topic.

For one, someone already mentioned that binaural beats only work with stereo headphones. I won't go into exactly how binaural beats work, but basically if you were to listen to binaural beats in a club you would just hear a really annoying sound (not dancable AT ALL). Once me and my friend tried to jam (guitar+bass) to binaural beats it was not really worth it lol.
However, binaural beats may not work when producing music THERE IS a similar form of entrainment called isochronic tones which, instead of producing two similar but not identical frequencies in the L and R channels, produce a tone through the center (thus can be played through monitor or ordinary speakers).
Wikipedia: Isochronic Tones

There are also monaural beats which are more similar to binaural beats (you can find the link for this in the wikipedia article for isochronic tones). These also do not need headphones.

Also, there ARE indeed psychedelic bands that have used binaural beats in their songs. I know only of one band, actually that has done it. A very popular band called "Infected Mushroom". I'm not too into the whole techno/rave scene so I don't remember what song off what album it was but I remember the song had "(!!)" at the end of it to let the listener know to listen with headphones. This was done on purpose and not to 'fool' the listener. Definitely not something that would be played at a club.

Also, if a song were to have isochronic tones or monaural beats playing through tthe song it would be very noticable. I've heard a lot about C=432Hz and I think thats nonsense. Someone has already gone through why exactly its nonsense so I won't do it again. I went through a phase where I tuned all my guitars to C=432 but I realized that C=440 is just easier because almost everybody is tuned to 440 and I dont like having to re-tune my guitars everytime I jam. anyway...

Is NWO/Illuminati (if they even exist..) controlling mainstream music? Well yeah, I guess, if they were trying to control the masses the most efficient way to do it would be to control what messages people are getting. Does the music itself directly have an effect on the mind control? Again, if they were to try to control your brain they would have to try to do it while you were in a relaxed state of mind. Theta being the most efficient way to get a message across. Most mainstream music is very upbeat and more likely to put you on alert, or alpha. This actually is negating the effect of 'brainwash',but what it does is make it harder for you to get a message through to your subconscious, so they are in effect, dumbing you down by pumping you up.

Sorry about the long post.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Your OP quotes Len Horowitz/ abstract. His misinformation gets spread around a lot.
I debunk his "Solfeggios" hoax here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The point you make, however, is accurate - the pulsed dissonance created by the intervals in Equal Temperament is bad at 440Hz, and actually much worse at Horowitz and Puleos' higher A444Hz, 100-years dead pitch standard proposal. A432Hz is the better way to go. Maria Renolds' C128/256Hz perfect fifths is the most ideal, however not the easiest to tune to.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thed3adbeat

If you want to create music using brainwave entrainment tones, yes isochronics are the way to go.
Instead of just dumping a 7.83Hz Theta pulse with whatever random carrier you chose like a lot of people do, I recommend using a carrier IN TUNE with what you will be adding to it.
Then, remember that Hz = BPM/60, and pick a pulsed frequency which matches the tempo you wish to play to.
Think "Baba O'Reiley" by The Who. It's 8 minutes of pulsed entrainment, whether they, or anyone else, realizes it or not.
Any arpeggio, tremelo, or otherwise pulsed (yes, dubstep) sound is going to do the same, depending on the length of exposure to it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a pic from Maria Renolds' book regarding pitch:

To clarify, A432 is not the same as C128/256. I use A432 because in modern music we tune to A, not C.
Also, A432 gives us the C#136.10Hz Om used in Hindu Ragas, chanted by monks, and used for theraputic tuning forks.
My scientific fork, like those you find in doctors offices, are C128. So when I use both together - I get an 8.1Hz pulse between the two.

For the musicians here, I've posted these charts elsewhere, but have since revised errors I found. You may find them useful, or you may wish to use A440 and make your own chart, but the color-octaves will be different.

In response to the OP about music being controlled, I think sort-of...the Beastie Boy's "Check Your Head" is in A432 and it got released on a major label - no "Illuminati" came rushing into their studio telling them how to tune. And so is Iggy & The Stooges "Raw Power" (probably not on purpose, and so is almost every track on Kool Keith's "Dr. Octagon" (except for - yep - the one with live guitar. Better tune up! lol)

So I don't think there's some sort of secret master-tune red button used after you leave the studio if you tune to something other than A440, but when you go to buy a keyboard it's usually set to A440 and so are guitar tuners. People don't really think about the pitch, or temperament, when learning guitar watching Steve Vai videos or whatever kids do to learn to play these days. They just turn on the keyboard or plug in the tuners and tune til the needle says they're in tune. Any major studio's piano will be perfectly tuned to A440 so if it's a singer/songwriter type they'll just be playing on that, and their "perfict pitch" sor singing will also be to A440 - ask them, "sing me a C," and they will - in A440. However a lot of times people naturally "go flat."

So that's just my opinion on it - I suppose the "standard" is a form of "control" if you allow it to be, but it was chosen for physics purposes, and possibly because of the pyramid resonance, which would make it not great to use for music, though an Ancient Egyptian flute was found with A441, despite the Schiller Institutes claims of A432 - of course a flute found near Giza would be closer to the resonances of the pyramids. Middle-Eastern chanting is generally even higher pitch, but varies because it's acapela cantilation. A starting "F" may be higher or lower than their ending "F" in the scales.

I'm sure all the dubstep or pop with Auto-Tune is in A440, and the pulsing bass of dubstep is definitely designed, intentionally or not, to mess with your brainwaves. I do the same in my tracks, but in a good way. I'm using a lot of microtonal scales, and "esoteric" chord structures and tunings these days.
Anyhoo here ya go - I know some of you may not believe in Chakras and Om etc but this does give you the lower octaves to work with, and your brainwave associations - if nothing else, the colors make it easy to read and find your octaves when composing.
Cheers, it's good to hear more people are becoming conscious of what's going on in music, especially their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join