It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing with your Eyes Closed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone. It is a lazy Sunday afternoon, and I have been in a pondering and thinking mood all day.

There are times in which I close my eyes, yet I can still see. I know you might think this might be that I am seeing through a slight opening in my eyes or something, but this has also worked while blindfolded.

With that, I will share my first story that relates directly to the blindfold. A few years back, I went to a Shamanic Trance Dance. Just about everyone was blindfolded, (there are a few unblindfolded people there to make sure people won't bump into each other) and all you had to focus on was simply dancing to the music. I was completely sober during this event.

Anyway, the music starts, and I start dancing to the music. I notice that even with the thick blindfold on, I can still "see," as in I can see energy almost. I could see the motion of the other dancers, their energy signatures. It was an amazing experience.

So that was that. Also, recently, I have noticed when I close my eyes while laying in bed, I can still see my room. The last couple nights in particular, I can see my entire room in a kind of sonar looking way. It looks really cool.

Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They say that during types of meditation you may see, hear, or even feel things that aren't there. Just this morning while doing my 30-minute meditation, I had a vision of a white bird flying.

This may be something, or it may be explained away logically. I don't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
from early on in the OOBE, you CAN 'see' through your eyelids as your seeing with your 3rd eye.......

(2nd line)
edit on 27-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is very weird. I clicked the thread as I recently I have been laying in bed, and as I close my eyes, I can still see the edges of the cover within my eye sight, and could touch were it was. I know this is probably just a memory image, although it only happens in total darkness. It obviously doesn't just happen with covers, haha.

It has only been happening for the last few weeks. It's a cool experience.
edit on 27-11-2011 by ShedAlert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I have expereinced this, many times. It always happens when I'm tired. For example; I'm laying on my bed looking at my lamp, my eyes shut but I can still see the lamp. Although its never the 'whole picture', usally just outlines and shapes. Often I don't even realise my eyes are shut.

I guess its down to me entering the hypnagogic state.

ALS

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yesterday, I had my eyes closed and felt an energy in my hands. I began experimenting with this energy. I made an energy ball. It was like a galaxy. With my eyes closed, I could see the light from this energy ball. Everywhere I moved my hands, the light followed.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I get the greeny vision when im laying down, looks like the color in third eye for sure. By far the most weirdest thing ive seen was a vision of a fiery red star/planet/sun.

Probably all involved with the awakening of a our being.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Happens to me once a month. The first time I couldnt believe it/ I even touched my eyelids and could feel they were shut.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I used to go to many outdoor shamanic type trance things a few years ago, and I love to dance. I always end up with my eyes closed, and have noticed as well that I can 'see'. energies of the ground I'm on, and other people if they come close.....

Quite often befor eI go to sleep I get hundreds of images flicker through my mind as if my brain's logging off. They move so fast I haven't yet worked out what they are individually but if I mentally 'step back' I'll get feeling and imperssions of events which have happened to me throughout the day or week...

edit on 27/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
I get the greeny vision when im laying down, looks like the color in third eye for sure. By far the most weirdest thing ive seen was a vision of a fiery red star/planet/sun.

Probably all involved with the awakening of a our being.

I saw an angel in this greeny vision once. She felt like a fiery star. She was too beautiful to look at for more than 3 seconds. They are us. We are God.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Here's an exercise I picked up on some years back with amazing results. I call it the reverse blink.
Its very simple. Shut your eyes for at least 15 seconds. Now quickly open and shut them. For the brief second that your eyes are open absorb everything you can of the scene in front of you. The instant you shut them you will see a vivid picture inside your brain that you are 'looking at' as if your eyes were still open.

Reverse blinking the full moon can be rather revealing as can the sunlight reflecting off the sea. You can experiment with lots of different scenes and various light and shadow vistas.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
They say that during types of meditation you may see, hear, or even feel things that aren't there. Just this morning while doing my 30-minute meditation, I had a vision of a white bird flying.

This may be something, or it may be explained away logically. I don't know for sure.

I've seen white doves flying directly above me while meditating with my eyes open. It's such a calming and peaceful presence.

I definitely believe that through our eyes is only one way of seeing our universe.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Also, recently, I have noticed when I close my eyes while laying in bed, I can still see my room. The last couple nights in particular, I can see my entire room in a kind of sonar looking way. It looks really cool.

Has anyone else experienced this?

sure enough

my early experiences were laying in bed on hot summer night when the Sun don't set util after 9:30PM and yor bedtime is 9PM...so you got at least 1/2hour of solitary and the accompanying imaginations...

i always looked in the dark corners of the ceiling and 'saw' things/animals/cars & stuff just sort of materalize
out of the air molecules located in those dark, twilight areas of the wall-ceiling intersection...
on many times there appeared a moving parade of animals-clowns-trains-wagons-trucks-more animals that took form from the essence of the darkness...
happy to witness the 'parade' i would turn on my side and enter my dreamworld.

also, trancing...I would 'see' whole landscapes...not unlike those villages of the Hobbitt's, people in flowing fabrics
and all sorts of grand things

remote viewing... or visualizations.. hallucinations.....OBE's... i don't know what the reality of seeing with Ones' eyes closed, is... but it is 'Real'...as the experience causes your body & metabolism to change just as if you are physically involved...

peace

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have a very hard time actually falling asleep, but if I close my eyes, after a few seconds I can see faces, and shapes, and I begin to move them around and eventually I fall asleep after having a "play" in my head.

The faces never scare me, and they can change facial features. It starts as a light and then they begin to form. I always wondered if they were actually be real people I never met.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

when in bed at night, had to go to the kitchen for water, i was practicing OBE for some reason i did not opened my eyes when i got off the bed for water, and i saw like the border of things in a green light cartoon color. very cool, it was like feeling the aureic field of the objects around you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, this has been happening to me . Lately, with increased frequency. I also believe, as others have mentioned, it is one's third eye becoming stronger. I was pleasantly surprised to see this post, and the positive response.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Excellent Thread...

Definitely a S & F 4 U...

Most people don't realize there are more ways of "Seeing".... than just the one, with their eyes open...

I see you have discovered this...

It is NOT the Eyes or Brain that see, but instead "The True Mind".

The Eyes and Brain are only "Components" of a "Geometric Interface"

If we look at the "Wall" or "Face" i.e. the "Face" of the "Plane" of our "Processing Construct" in front of us, with our eyes "Closed, we can see the Workings of "The True Mind", which is part of the "Processor", presenting our so called reality, Flesh & Universe, for us to experience "Inside" our "Processing Construct" NOT of this little Universe.

Our version of the experience is presented Inside our "Processing Construct" and NOT outside, as most people would have you believe.

And Yes.... without Darkness, there can be NO LIGHT.... 100% Correct....

edit on 29-11-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax error...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Skeptics might not believe it, but oh well.

I have had experiences like this accidentally and also intentionally while trying to have OBE's.

I remember I had one experience where I was watching me ceiling fan while laying in bed, it looked so perfect, I knew what I was seeing was real and I was not dreaming and I thought I was just seeing through my eyes, I could feel my body too. Then bam, I "woke up" only to notice that my blanket was over my head and my eyes had been closed.(I sleep like that a lot, wrapped up in my blanket) After looking at the ceiling fan some more I was convinced what happened was real. After that I started reading about OBEs, lucid dreaming, and astral projection. Since then I have had dozens of experiences and they have really changed my perspective on reality.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have seen many things through closed eyes, but I have yet to experience "transparent eyelids." I'll be honest I'm a bit envious of that, because I have been trying to achieve an OBE for a while. I have only achieved OBEs through sleep paralysis, which is something I haven't figured out how to do on my own without it just happening sometimes.

Most often while closing my eyes I see waves, or sometimes splotches of purple. Usually I see purple rings flowing toward me. Sometimes I see what I refer to as the opposite of the "light at the end of the tunnel." When this happens I see light radiating from me, and it shines down a tunnel that leads into darkness. Another common thing I see is eyes... sometimes I see hundreds of eyes opening and closing, disappearing into the darkness. I always wondered what such visions meant.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

sometimes I see hundreds of eyes opening and closing, disappearing into the darkness. I always wondered what such visions meant.

It's NOT what they mean.... It is what they actually are... LOL

Look some more... and study carefully what you can see with your eyes Closed.
The same can occur with the eyes open...
Its just a matter of discovering your "REAL Self", NOT the Flesh..

The so called "flesh" is only the "Experience", "The True Mind" i.e. LIFE or "Awareness" is having.... LOL

edit on 29-11-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax error...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join