It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie standing on bottom of lake (very cool photo)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
I traced the contours of nessi, and it appears as if she is standing on the bottom of the lake.
I couldn't trace the back flipper because it was too dark.
In no way am I saying my tracing is 100% accurate.

uploadpic.org...

?
edit on 27-11-2011 by Sorgmodig because: (no reason given)

My God, I do like this.
30 years ago I had an idea to find the Nessy's.
The idea:
Lower an underwater microphone that can record sub-sonic sounds.
Record all sounds in a variety of spots.
Select the strange sounds.
Now lower an underwater loudspeaker that fits this frequencies.
Play the signal back.
The Nessy's will not hear them selves, they hear colleagues and will be forced to react.

It works wit rare birds, why not with Nessy's.
Sounds cool but what are lizards attracted to? becouse thats basicaly what it is...surely theres some type of feramone we could design to lure it (if there is any) to a certian area and finaly get proof

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If i recall correctly, when Robert Rines took these pictures, Naturalist Sir Peter Scott named the creature something like NESSITERRAS RHOMBOPTERYX meaning "ness monster with a diamond shaped fin", or something along those lines. A crossword compiler who worked for Granada t.v. worked out that this was an anagram of "monster hoax by sir peter s." co-incidence? or ? ( although i cant remember whether Sir Peter was involved with the Rines research team or not)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Since it was robert rinses picture it wouldn't even be his hoax.
Also, i find beyond a doubt that nessi is called Plesiosauria Thalassomedon and is a real dinosaur.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I saw a show on the Loch Ness monster some time ago that pretty much debunked the four famous images of the supposed monster taken by Robert Rines. I really wish I could recall which show it was.

The camera that was used to take these pictures was supposed to be in a fixed position, but apparently it wasn't. Perhaps the camera came loose, but it seems that it ended up tumbling around in the water, snapping pictures in random directions (the program showed one photo from the expedition where the camera snapped a picture of the bottom of the boat).

The "nessie standing on bottom of lake" photo shown in this thread is possibly the image of a sunken tree on the bottom of the lake.

The famous 'flipper' photograph is not what it seems, either. The original image (was apparently enchanced. Twice. The original was first enhanced by NASA's JPL, then apparently it was touched up once again by artist that worked for the magazine that first published the images. So you go from vague, possible image of the lake bed to 'diamond-shaped plesiosaur flipper'. Compare the two (original on top, enhanced on bottom)

Then we have the third famous image from the expedition, the one that always creeped me out: the "gargoyle head" image.

Supposedly an image of the head of the creature. However, if you rotate it, it appears to be nothing more than a rotting stump. In the show I saw, they even claimed that they went back to the exact spot where this image was taken and found a stump on the bottom that looked very much like this image.

So, are these images really of a monster living in the lake, or are they just the result of an unsecured camera bouncing around and snapping images of the lake bottom and rotting logs? I can't say for certain, but I lean toward the latter.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

I was never a fan of the "head" image. I always figured it to be a hoax, but I guess you're right about it being an over-sensational interpretation of something mundane like a tree root.

If I remember correctly, the bottom of Loch Ness is actually underneath several feet of mud/sludge, right? I read a book about another lake monster and it mentioned this, so I'm just looking for some confirmation on that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
I traced the contours of nessi, and it appears as if she is standing on the bottom of the lake.
I couldn't trace the back flipper because it was too dark.
In no way am I saying my tracing is 100% accurate.

uploadpic.org...

As a diver, I would find it hard to believe that it would be possible to photograph something as large as Nessi in his/her entirety underwater, given Loch Ness isn't famous for clear water.

It is one of a series of interconnected, murky bodies of water in Scotland; its water visibility is exceptionally low due to a high peat content in the surrounding soil.

Loch Ness - Wiki

This one looks far more legitimate IMO.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
This old photo was the most impressive that I've ever seen, even though it too is not all that conclusive:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join