It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"China will not hesitate to protect Iran even with a third World War" Major General Zhang Zhaozhon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Heroo fellow Calgarian! haha.

China and Russia teaming up brings some troubling thoughts to mind..
Sucks that America has a leash on Canada.... We'll be stuck in the middle of the sh!t show.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Even if they went to war with the US being against the world.
The US will win, they have technology beyond comprehension at
our present state. Hyper sonic aircraft that bullets will only hit its trails
bombs that affect very wide ranges. US is a world within it's self.

Same sentiments expressed by hitler when he made speech's to his people.
See how many of your allies back down if your country starts making particulary stupid choices.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

You are jut proving your ignorance again, Russia, China all have tech too, you really think the US is so far in advance of everyone else? All the tech and gizmo's you have there, where do you think they were made? Do you think the iphone is made in America?

Do you think that Russia or China don't have decent aircraft? Or missiles? Who do you think built and own the ONLY space station orbiting the earth? It wasn't America, do you not think they have their own cruise missiles? their own drones? their own super tanks?

If you really think super tech works, having the best trained army works, go read some history, read what happened to the best trained army at Stalingrad where the Russians just threw man after man at the Germans, shelled their own troops just to kill a few of the enemy near by, you don't beat that kind of mentality, 850,000 German troops went into Stalingrad, only 5000 lived to tell the tale, Yes the Russians lost over a million troops, but it didn't matter to them, as long as they won, the Chinese already beat America in Korea, yeah US tech is better now, but so is China's, all the advantages you had over countries like Iraq or Libya you don't have over Russian and China, they have more troops, more people, they have their own satellite communications and technology, and they have the tech to take yours down just as much as you can takes theirs down.

Just get a grip, you cannot beat the world, but the world can sure beat you

edit on 28-11-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The US military budget is more than 4X that of Russia and China combined. The US has technology that you and the rest of the world cannot imagine. The drawn out fighting is for mass consumption. Iraq would have been over in an hour if we did not want its resources...without the use of nukes. Further, how does it matter how many potential or real soldiers China has? They better have teleporters because they certainly do not have enough ships or planes to carry them...not by a long shot. And if they did they would not make it off the runway or out of port before they were taken out by the US. But if you think that the priority of the US is to protect its citizens, then you would be wrong on that account to. Everyone is expendable.

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Even if they went to war with the US being against the world.
The US will win, they have technology beyond comprehension at
our present state. Hyper sonic aircraft that bullets will only hit its trails
bombs that affect very wide ranges. US is a world within it's self.

Unfortunately, I'm not so sure the US could defeat China. China has 4,585,000 making up its troops, while the US only has 3,049,790. Thats 1.5 million more right this minute that China has to put into action. en.wikipedia.org.... Then, you have to keep in mind total populations of each country. China has a population of 1,339,724,852, which is 19% of the world's population. The US only has 312,675,000, which is less than 5% of the world's population. China has over 1 BILLION more people. I fear they could crush us.

I certainly hope I am wrong, and that sheer numbers wouldn't make the difference I fear.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I did not think that anyone existed who actually believed that there was no militarization of space and that the US shuttle program was just propaganda and that most of the missing trillion$ are "off planet". I stand corrected.

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Who do you think built and own the ONLY space station orbiting the earth?

edit on 28-11-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Scary thing is how close Hitler came to achieving his aims. If he had not made certain stupid mistakes and been insane near the end who knows. But it never really ended you know. After the war the US brought all of the top NAZI brains to America and gave them black projects with black budgets.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The worst part about World War 3, is that I don't know who to root for, and I'm sure all government sides will be bad for you. It's terrible what we've allowed ourselves to be led into.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I find the general's views rather amusing.

Had any Iranian gov DARED to welcome his words of help? C'mon Iran, don't be shy. China's supporting you, or at least that general.

Godless infidels China helping religious Iran to kill others with a 3rd world war, - children of the Book, including fellow muslims, both shias and sunnis around the world too?

May the supposed 'holy ' Ayatollah be able to live down that shame, or come up with better mind bending irrational excuses for such help.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If it is only a Major General making that statement...then he s only being a small mouthpiece to make known that China's interests are threatened whenever Iran is Sanctioned or even Attacked.

he is just reminding the USA/NATO and western blocs that there are perimeters~ and consequences~ to aggressions...
they consider the Chinese-Iranian dealings & trading absolutely vital to their sustainability & national growth

in diplomatic language...the statement was "A shot across the Bow"
and not meant as an absolute statement of intentions of future action.... that kind of talk comes later by some top official of the inner leadership-(? a China State Department spokesperson?), not some fringe General with little political standing

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind China having a quarrelsome with the US. The "revolution in military affairs" goal is to transform the PLA into a force capable of winning what it calls "local wars under high-tech conditions" rather than a massive, numbers-dominated ground-type war. The Chinese military planners call for short decisive campaigns, limited in both their geographic scope and their political goals. In contrast to the past, more attention is given to reconnaissance, mobility, and deep reach. This new vision has shifted resources towards the navy and air force. PLA is also actively preparing for space warfare and cyber-warfare.
For the past 10 to 20 years, the PLA has acquired some advanced weapons systems from Russia, including Sovremenny class destroyers, Sukhoi Su-27 and Sukhoi Su-30 aircraft, and Kilo-class diesel-electric submarines. It has also completed several new destroyers and frigates including 2 AAW Type 052C class guided missile destroyers. In addition, the PLAAF has built an indigenous J-10 fighter aircraft. The PLA launched the new Jin class nuclear submarines on 3 December 2004 capable of launching nuclear warheads that could strike targets across the Pacific Ocean.
In August 2010, PLA Daily suggested that Chinese military strategy was out of date, and that China must "audaciously learn from the experience of the information cultures of foreign militaries".

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I wish all of those who have these global issues could be located in one area to........... Discuss their issues. Seems things are REALLY heating up.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Are they going to send spies to blow up the Israeli nuclear weapons programme ?

Quid Pro Quo?

Huge Explosion reported in Isfahan, Iran
ATS Breaking Thread

It is one of the main sites of their nuclear technology!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

To cause depopulation of any significance you would need, um, a comet strike or a truely deadly virus (none exist) or something like that. Even a nuclear war wouldn't do the trick.

Sorry offtopic, I just needed you to see this.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I will springboard from the info-view i put forth in my last post in the thread....

Here i reply...having new & additional information on which to base my reply:

(new info) source:

www.humanevents.com...
U.S. Declares Cold War With China
by Robert Maginnis
11/25/2011

This thread was about a Chinese General---
He did not say a "WW3 over Iran" was possible, in a vacuum---

He was telegraphing the Chinese future policy in a round-about way to the newly instituted channels
which is the "Military-to-military hot-line" that just got started up.
(see the link above US Declares Cold War with China)

Now his statement makes more sense...instead of a lowly General saying a WW3 could happen if the West hit Iran.... the General was told to make that statement for the Military Command in the USA to put on-the-table for discussions within the newly established 'hot-Line' between China & the USA,,,

discussion should be centered on principally with the South China Sea First
& the EurAsian nation of Iran a close 2nd.

thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would like to say that..

I would think that most Americans Love this country.
America is a tough, good hearted nation. We fight.. to not have to fight. Not the politicians .. but the regular American.

Now to switch gears..

If China wanted a fight.. or any enemy to peace for that matter ... would lose undoubtedly. The technology we have wwould bring "gods" to their knees. Sounds arrogant, but can you refute?

Again.. we fight to not have to fight.. ever again.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by michael1983l
China's factories only run because the west feeds them. If China want to pick a war with the West then their economy will die over night and debts owed to China by the USA will not be paid. Their supply lines cut off and the bringing down of their government. China would not be so foolish.

People keep saying this about China being beholden to the United States because we buy their junk and fill our Walmart stores with their widgets. Well, China is watching Europe collapse and they know we're not too far behind in the United States.

China is about to lose their customer base for simple lack of an economy to support it any longer. That isn't a guess, it a mathematical certainty and the Chinese are anything but ignorant or shortsighted. So....That hold we supposedly have over China is no hold at all. Or to put it another way..... We have them right where they want us.

This IS something new to hear China talk about backing Iran to the max with military force, if necessary. Given the inroads China is making for Pakistan being a satellite military power instead of serving as that to the United States, I don't think we can ignore or laugh off China here. Putin and Russia are making VERY similar statements.....

We cannot...*CANNOT* even pretend to be able to fight Iran, Syria, Venezuela and God only knows who else...ALONG WITH Russia *AND* China backing the whole play from the shadows of the other side. It's called the modern version of Hitler invading the Soviet Union. One step TOO far snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory for the hateful little Nazi and we're about to make the same mistake HE did.....oddly, with some of the same nations involved. Oh..Obama....Can you read a history book? JUST ONE??? PLEASE?!

While I certainly see where you are coming from, my personal belief is that all of the sabre rattling (except that by Israel, they actually mean it) is meant to create the conditions required for a new cold war era. China cannot contend with their growing middle class and the growing list of demands that new class is making. They want to shut off their own people from the west in order to regain solid control.
Russia wants the respect it had under the communist regime.
Russia and China are tied economically, in terms of resources, and politically with Iran and Pakistan.
Europe and the U.S. also require the new cold war.
Guess what, we aren't going to pay China back! It isn't default if you have a moral obligation to withhold the funds for fear that they would be used to subvert the U.S., sponsor anti U.S. terrorism or propaganda, or *gasp* actually build militarily to take us on for real. No, in that instance it would just be irresponsible for us to pay China. Would also be bad to pay if we suddenly remembered that they aren't so great with human rights and the money would used to terrorize their own populace.
Powers in China understand this. Powers in the west understand this. I believe it is already agreed to and this is just a prearranged show to flip the switch. Globalism died in the 2008 crash. It just took a few years to get the obituary out. But, it's out now and all the powers are doing what they need to achieve what matters most to them.

I know India is going with the West after the rather heated bidding between Russia and the U.S. last fall.
Unclear what intentions Brazil has, but we would be idiots to not be making serious attempts to pull them in.

Unemployment will fall drastically. I do tend to think the Euro has to go but I am not sure on that one. U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the countries of Western Europe. That's our new focus and we will play nice with Japan and India. South America is undecided and the rest of the world is Authoritarian/and or/Islamic.

So be it.
I am as tired of the U.S. trying to run the world as the rest of the world is at the U.S. trying. I'm feeling a longing for the fifties (before my time admittedly) with a few modern updates. And, I think it is head our way.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The west has been bulding up to make this war for a long time. They want this war, dont kid yourself the powers at be want this to happen. They want to bring around WW3 before humanity wakes up.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
The US military budget is more than 4X that of Russia and China combined. The US has technology that you and the rest of the world cannot imagine.

I think you have a couple valid points in the technological advantages of the United States over Russia and China. However, having said that I think you're leaving out a key piece of logic that makes all the difference when the shooting starts and we see what everyone REALLY has hidden in hangars and underground storage areas.

The U.S. has a military budget that is insanely higher than everyone else because *WE* do the research and development so no one else HAS to. They simply steal it from us and then make their own knock off versions of our state of the art weapons systems and equipment. That is for those cases where we don't just sell or GIVE away our best toys to allies or in some half baked idea for foreign relations and making friends.

I think the only true advantage the United States has that isn't stolen or copied by the other two major world powers is Satellite coverage of every conceivable shape and description. If it can be built, launched and pointed back down toward Earth, we have at least a couple of them up there in Orbit, whether we admit it or not.

Now...the downside to that is that Russia and China have both made Anti-Satellite weapons technology one of their top national priorities for the development they DO manage to do themselves. Imagine the United States losing GPS...Overhead imagery...and whatever other super top-secret capabilities we have in orbit. All the sudden the U.S. isn't superior anymore. We're kinda like everyone else with a logistics train the 'little engine that could' would have a heart attack from first sight of.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

I tend to agree with some of what you're saying in both sides wanting a cold war and in many cases, NEEDING it for a variety of domestic and international reasons. The only difference I see in my view vs. yours when everything else is stripped away is your view of this being a Cold war people want.

I think that the world is getting just about all they can take of the Western powers just stomping around the world like we all collectively own the place and non-western nations are just there to service us. It won't surprise me to learn the hard way here that a HOT war is what the other side would like. This may be the only chance the world ever has to really take the U.S. down a few pegs. WHEN Obama loses..we won't have a weak leader like this again for a couple decades at least. Think Carter. The US DOES learn...we just forget quicker than most.

I don't expect to see the other nations out there waste this chance now that the pieces are almost all in place to take the best one they'll get. I don't wish them luck. I'm American after all. I'm expecting the attempt though.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
I would like to say that..

I would think that most Americans Love this country.
America is a tough, good hearted nation. We fight.. to not have to fight. Not the politicians .. but the regular American.

Now to switch gears..

If China wanted a fight.. or any enemy to peace for that matter ... would lose undoubtedly. The technology we have wwould bring "gods" to their knees. Sounds arrogant, but can you refute?

Again.. we fight to not have to fight.. ever again.

American soldiers fight for the greed of men who don't care if they live or die, as long as they kill innocents in their names. I'm a war vet Army soldier, and I not only approve this message, I learned it from other soldiers. War is power, and we fight those who can't fight back. Anyone supporting American Wars is a lunatic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join