It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing a pet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Close family of mine recently lost their dog. The dog collapsed, but was still alive. He was brought to an emergency clinic, he needed an operation. This operation would cost them 3000 euros. But, it was easter. Because it was easter, the price went up from 3000, to 7000. Such money they could not pay, and it was chosen best to put the dog to sleep

Yesterday, my dog collapsed during a walk on the street, not able to walk, and barely able to breath, he was only 9 years old. We dialed the emergeny number straight away, who put us forward to animal services. they were on their way. However, after 20 mins, still not a sign of them. The dog died in my mothers arms, with me and my brother present. Later we heard, the crew could not find our house due to their TomTom acting funny. Could my dog have been saved if they were on time, maybe yes. But that's irrelevant now, he has already passed from this world. He died of a heart attack, poor baby. It was a small white maltezer. the feeling of not having him anymore cuts me open.

Last year my father saved a bird from death, and brought it to the animal services. The bird could have been saved, but they did not want to put in the time or the effort to save him, so they put him to sleep.

This world is harsh, and cruel.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

My condolences for your loss. Losing a pet (for me at least) is a heart breaking experience but what you just had was a grade above that I think. I am guessing that the Animal Ambulance is a not too well funded thing. Hopefully you have plenty of nice memories and your dog did not suffer too much.

The first story is particularly sad. Because it's easter we more than double the price? Nice service.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Sorry to hear of your loss

A pain like no other.....
Thanks for sharing the story and honoring your boy, cyber hugs to you.

ETA: Man if there should ever be a sliding scale for services, surely health should be one field. I understand with people the costs could be astronomical, but at least for animals the range could more likely fit someone's budget, no matter how small it may be. Hell even some bartering could help in these situations.
edit on 27-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm sooo sorry for your loss!! I wish you the best!

My dog passed away in my arms just a few months ago. I'm still not over it and I dunno if I ever will. The thing is, is that no matter what I did, how I felt, my dog was ALWAYS there happy and that made it all better. I have thought about getting another but, I don't think I could go through that again!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That is so unfortunate to read and hear.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

We do not have such a service here in the US and you are fortunate to even have such a service.

For future reference one can perform CPR on a Dog/Cat as well and most like what the emergency team would have done. Instead of mouth to mouth one can blow gently into the nose of the animal to inflate the lungs from what I understand.

I think that I will read up on it to learn more about the specifics....my Dog is now at 10 years of age.

Once again sorry for your loss.

May he/she Rest In Peace...

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm posts and support everyone,..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you. You will always have your special memories of your beloved pet. I am sure he knows how much he is loved and loves you back as much.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry to read about the loss of your dog. When our pets pass, it cuts to the heart of us.

I've loved pets and lost them since I was a kid, and it doesn't seem to get any easier; it seems every bit as difficult as loosing people sometimes, particularly since the pets aren't able to communicate their ailments, and their deaths are often unanticipated.

I wonder how many times I've said, "never again. I don't want to go through that again. No more dogs/cats/geese/horses"........ and yet, always seems that the muses of the world place another in my path -- or me in theirs -- eventually. Pets are never replaced -- they are unique and you'll always hold your dog fondly in your heart, however the acuteness of the pain gets lesser and lesser with time.

Who knows? Maybe God/nature/chance/fate, whatever you choose to call it, will bring you a new friend.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It truly is unconditional love that you only find through the companionship a dog can provide.

My baby is 18. He's been with me since he was 11. I'll always be so thankful for the time we've spent together, yet it will never be enough. I wish dogs lived as long as parrots do.

I'm sorry if what I'm about to say is off topic, but I feel the need to tell my dream from last night. I dreamt that I gave my dog away to someone who said he needed his companionship more and I and I gave my dog to him. I remember feeling such a loss and wanting him back. I called the man on the phone and asked to have my dog back. He refused. I remember feeling very distraught and lost, then waking up to feel my dog beside me. Then, I thought about my dream and felt selfish for wanting him back after giving him to someone who said he needed him more than I.

I hope you know that your dog's spirit will envelop you when you most need him/her. You will be together again when the time is right. I have to believe this because I know that I will soon be separated from my constant companion and believing this is the only thing that keeps my chin up.

My best to you and I wish you must comfort.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard when they are a part of the family.

My brother felt a lump on his cats chest area, and brought her to a vet to see what it was this past Friday, and after some tests he was told it is cancer, and it is already too far gone to do anything... It broke my heart to see my brothers reaction. Anyone who would say it's just an animal or a pet, has never been close to one.

They are quite literally, a member of your family.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am so sorry that this has happened.

x

top topics

join