It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Hyder Flare is on its way to Earth and should reach us Monday, November 28, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It'already happening we don't know what effect this could have in fact no one know but be safe!

The cloud could triggger geomagnetic storms when it arrives on Monday

TextCME AND RADIATION STORM: A solar radiation storm is in progress around Earth. At the moment (the late hours of Nov. 26th), the storm is classified as minor, which means it has little effect on our planet other than to disturb HF radio transmissions at high latitudes. Bigger effects, however, could be in the offing. The same blast that caused the radiation storm also hurled a CME into space, and this CME appears set to deliver a blow to Earth's magnetic field on Nov. 28th. Geomagnetic storms and auroras are possible when the cloud arrives. Visit spaceweather.com... for more information and updates.
link(issuesoncall.blogspot.com...

www.youtube.com...

The forecasting group at Goddard notes that no two spacecraft have yet beamed back concurrent images of the CME

Is this affecting our satellites?

spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Eee! I know we all like a bit of doom but arn't you overdoing it a bit?

November 26: A filament eruption across the solar equator stretching from northwest of region 11354 to the northwest of region 11353 was observed beginning at 05:58 UTC on Nov.26 and was the source of a long duration C1.2 event peaking at 07:10. This event was associated with a significant increase in proton fluxes and a large full halo CME. While Earth does not appear to be in the path of the core CME, a flank impact is very likely.

The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet on November 27. The CME observed on Nov.26 could arrive on Nov.28 and cause unsettled to minor storm conditions. A coronal hole related disturbance could start on November 29 and last until December 1 with occasional unsettled and active intervals.

Source: Solar Terrestrial Activity Report

I mean C1.2...................

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Com'on P Man you know that flares are like EQ you never know what you get!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Not strictly true! Nice try

Your Mag 4 does not grow into a mag 7 on its way round!!!! Once it is a mag 4 it is always a mag 4 unless it is the USGS and then it may be a mag 3 after 8 days.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
nothing will happene..... as always we will be ok

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Please provide your source.

A Hyder flare is a burst of light which occurs when a filament collapses. The flare arrives at Earth at the speed of light, eight minutes after it occurs on the Sun. Hyder flares are not known to produce geomagnetic activity or any other effects on Earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Not strictly true! Nice try

Your Mag 4 does not grow into a mag 7 on its way round!!!! Once it is a mag 4 it is always a mag 4 unless it is the USGS and then it may be a mag 3 after 8 days.

Or mag 5 after 10 days.we know how it work.........

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Please provide your source.

A Hyder flare is a burst of light which occurs when a filament collapses. The flare arrives at Earth at the speed of light, eight minutes after it occurs on the Sun. Hyder flares are not known to produce geomagnetic activity or any other effects on Earth.
And the satellites?Just let's see this week......We are not used with new things!
edit on 27-11-2011 by diamondsmith because: sun

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've got a feeling that by the time a real Earth changing event occurs, no one will take it seriously.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I've got a feeling that by the time a real Earth changing event occurs, no one will take it seriously.
That's how thinks work,no one believe a big crisis will come and now here they are acting like drunk people...who cannot find they're way home...if they have a home!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, after looking at the forecast animations at Spaceweather, it looks like we're in for a bit of a treat tomorrow. It does look like we're in the black for a change on the level of magnitude of the energy band passing over Earth. I'm not at all worried on the grand scheme of things, but we might actually see some effects from this one.

If one looks back, they had a band larger and stronger than this blast from the sun inside the last couple weeks. It wasn't in our direction, but it did pass right over one of the STEREO satellites. Ask NASA what the actual readings were on radiation and energy emitted. With data sets like that, NASA doesn't have to wonder or guess. They know with a fair degree of certainty what will or will not happen tomorrow

I don't see NASA particularly concerned and I haven't heard of empty parking lots at JPL in Pasadena as scientists with access to those data sets pack their families and run for the hills...lol. Not happening...so I'm intrigued but not overly concerned.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A Hyder flare is a burst of light. Light does not hurt satellites.

Please provide your source indicating that a Hyder flare will occur on the 28th. If you cannot, this thread should be in the Prophesies and Predictions forum.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A Hyder flare is a burst of light. Light does not hurt satellites.

Please provide your source indicating that a Hyder flare will occur on the 28th. If you cannot, this thread should be in the Prophesies and Predictions forum.

Not light but protons!You don't understand.....when will be to late will be to late!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Really? Not again. This is like the one-zillionth time someone has spelled doom for the world.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This model from NOAA seems to be more reliable than the ISWA model which SpaceWeather is fond of.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

There will probably be some minor activity as a result of the CME (which has nothing to do with a Hyder flare).

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No.
A Hyder flare is a burst of light.

The minor proton storm which was emitted at the same time as the CME (which will arrive late Monday) is here. It got here a short while after the CME occurred.

edit on 11/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

If you cannot, this thread should be in the Prophesies and Predictions forum.

I would of said HOAX forum myself as he claims it's already on the way in the thread title which is a false statement to begin with.

link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This model from NOAA seems to be more reliable than the ISWA model which SpaceWeather is fond of.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

There will probably be some minor activity as a result of the CME (which has nothing to do with a Hyder flare).
The only thing that I am afraid is that for the next 400 days Earth will experience things that we humans didn't see before...but I hope I am wrong!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yes, you are afraid. Ignorance leads to fear. There is no need to spread that ignorance and fear when there is opportunity to learn something.

Why is that when people say "I hope I'm wrong" they go on to adamantly insist that they are right?

edit on 11/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble but protons happen.

All day every day always.

Keep your eyes open. Your watching for flares in the X-15 to X-35+ range. Not X1.5 or X3.5 . See its the decimal point.

If it says C or M its nothing.

However A Killer CME does not require a flare or eruption as we just saw a week ago for the very first time ever. It just wasnt pointed at us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join