It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Experience! :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I awoke this morning and on looking outside was completely mystified. A terrible light was in the sky. Brighter than many thousands of candles it was. I think if you took all the candles from all the houses in this land it would not be equal to that terrible brightness.

I thought it must be some kind of flying machine, but it made no noise as they do with their great roaring cry as they pass swiftly across the sky always hiding in the cloud for fear that they should be seen.

No, this object was still and hanging in the sky as if suspended from the very clouds themselves! But the clouds were gone and had been replaced by an eerie blue backcloth in many places. I could not bear to look at this object as it hurt my eyes. Quickly I drew the curtains in the house but this frightening light passed through them and bathed the rooms in an unholy glow.

Terrified I took refuge under a table. The heavy cloth hanging down afforded further diminishing of this troubling glare.

I thought that this must pass, but it persisted. It did not seem to get any nearer, but when I ventured out to look I could feel the heat burning my skin even through the glass of the windows. I imagined it must be like some thousand bonfires it was so hot.

It was several hours before the glare began to fade and the light in the house returned to normal. And then I heard it, the sounds of the wind and rain beating on the windows and I sighed a huge huge sigh of relief. Normality had returned. I looked out of the window and there was the familiar landscape blurred by the rain and indistinct under the heavy grey skies and I felt happy again.

Did I see an unidentified flying object I wonder? I know not what it was, but the experience was one I have no wish to repeat in a hurry!

edit on 27/11/2011 by PuterMan because: Darn it can I not get just ONE post without a spelling error? Humph!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Heavens!

The sun came out? In Ireland?

That must have been a terrifying experience indeed! I am glad you lived to tell the tale.

With any luck, it won't happen again this year...

Mike

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i agree, that dreaded fieball keeping us alive is sometimes very intimidating to say the least. heh

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

For you, PuterMan... to help you recover from your experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Ye moight be roight dere Sor!

I certainly hope it won't - Scary!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Neat! Thanks for posting that.

See they even sing about it!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I started reading before I realized it was you!
You have made my day sunshine!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ooh-arrr...

Hmmm... I'm takin' pause coz it says here above this box thing for me writin':
"You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter. "

Well, so I'll be doin' what it says, then. An' I'll be writin' in me best English, t'boot!

I seen th' sun jus' a few week ago, an' t'were fearful bright! It not be natchural, havin' all that loight in t'day-time! These be strange times... Like, late last night the other day, after only a few hours o' drinkin', I seen th' moon an' 'twere normal as normal -- an' then after only a few hours more drinkin' I look up an' I seen two of 'em!

An' that not be normal!

I be sore afraid and had t'drink a wee dram more to a-steady me nerves.

But sun in Eire-land? Tis' a sign, I tell ye! A sign o' woe!

Because o' them snakes, y'see.

I tink it be bad if that sun were t'wake up all them snakes what's been a-sleeping under th' groun' dere for so many years. I heared of them snakes. Tis said they been a-hibernatin' fer a fearful long time an' if they be a-wakened, they'll be a-hungering fer wherewithal t'eat. An' them snakes, forsooth, be dragons, afore they get their wings and take to flight!

So was telled me by a wizard, after we'd been a-drinkin' for only a night or so, 'struth!

edit on 27/11/11 by JustMike because: I be writin' one thing, an' this inferal machine, it be writin' another!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Methinks you are an Irish Pirate Sir by your tongue. Perhaps more Pirate than Irish?

Paddy sorted dem snakes so he did. He was after trowing dem all in the lake,

But the dragons may be hiberwhatsiting..................

ETA: Is this why The Emerald Isle is called Hibernia I wonder.................
edit on 27/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
1/10

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

1/10

bit like your sense of humour then.

new topics

top topics

join