It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones, How Can Anyone Take This Guy Seriously???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What is sad in this post is that you are looking at only one side of the coin. Many members here could report worthy videos Alex Jones did such as the spying of the Cremation of Care of the Bohemian Grove, just to name one. I think we ATSers, me and you included of course need to focus more on the positive aspect of the situation.

I think also that proving someone is wrong just because of his perception diverging from one's own perception is far too biased to be considered. No shame or blame but the very fact you try to put down ones credibility just because you do not understand why he has this way to see things, nor know about the guy, nor know his cultural background, etc, should be reviewed.

I do not pretend having the absolute truth, but bias (just consider this for a minute) is the limitation of somebody's perception. How can this person clearly view/understand the whole if he is limited with how he understand a subject?

Just my sincere opinion,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well, at least Alex Jones does a far better job than the lies fed to us via MSM. If any of you guys think you can do a better job, step forward....otherwise keep a lid on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i feel like his heart has always been in the right place; but he's clearly a weak personality as he allowed himself to get larger than life just because he's developed a strong undeground following. just like glen beck/bill o'reilley on the other side of the fence he's the kind of nutter who seems hell bent on rallying his own set of hardcore followers while forgetting that the majority of the world is neutral/opposed and are only going to get turned off by angry ranting.

to me that makes jones a total hypocrite, having fought so hard for the 'free world' and just becoming another talking head rodeo clown that poisons people's perspectives and does nothing to help build a general consensus.

i don't think jones is a disinfo agent or whatever, but he is an obnoxious tosser who is doing more to discredit conspiracies and alternative media than anyone out there.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

alex jones PURE ENTERTAINMENT

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You won't get much love bashing Jones but for what it's worth I'm with you. I first heard of Alex Jones back in 2005 and, being that I was a naive teenager then I first bought most of what he said hook line and sinker. I listened to his radio show, read Infowars and even watched a few of his Police State and 911 truth films. By 2007 though I began to really tire of him. It became clear that most of what he said was absolute nonsense and that he read way too much into many news stories. The hyperbole and sinister intentions he would project onto even the most simple news stories was astounding and his anti-science anti-vaccine mindset is truly dangerous especially to children.

He kept shouting about how any day now the rich were going to round all of us up, smash our faces with an Orwellian boot and throw us into FEMA camps to be raped and murdered. Thing is he's been saying that for upwards of a decade and yet it hasn't happened yet. This New World Order thing has been shouted about for decades and yet we're no closer to it, the world is just as divided as ever.

Also, add this to your video collection I don't think I saw it there:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It is blithering idiots like you that are a disgrace to ATS. I am all for someone proving someones post or theorys wrong, I don't buy half the crap posted here. The next time you attempt to make a serious point, try doing it with facts that discount the things you are trying to tell others that are not true.

For example

It is a fact there are light-bulbs that transmit internet data

www.huffingtonpost.com...

You just hear something that you think can't be true and instead of researching it you try to make others look bad when all you do is make yourself look bad.

The Government allows BPA to be used in plastic, again, perhaps you should research what you are talking about so as to not look any more like an idiot than you already do.

"Since at least 1936 it has been known that BPA mimics estrogens, binding to the same receptors throughout the human body as natural female hormones. And tests have shown that the chemical can promote human breast cancer cell growth as well as decrease sperm count in rats, among other effects. These findings have raised questions about the potential health risks of BPA, especially in the wake of hosts of studies showing that it leaches from plastics and resins when they are exposed to hard use or high temperatures (as in microwaves or dishwashers)."

www.scientificamerican.com...

"How can anyone who articulates himself like this not understand that he is just a comedian, not a conspiracy theorist? Yes some of you may find them funny, or just find them flat out annoying but Alex Jones does have a significant following amongst the conspiracy movement. He is a blemish on our quest for truth and these videos show it."

Actually what you want is someone who talks in a boring monotone drone into the mic so you can then say " how can someone take a guy like this so serious" In fact no matter how he talked into the mic you would find it irritating I am sure. You have proven that just by the fact you say this guy irritates YOU so ALL OF US should not take him serious mean while you have not provided one spec of information to prove that anything that he has said in those videos is false.

Why don't you try and redeem yourself? PROVE to us why we should not take him serious with FACTS instead of posting nothing but an idiotic diatribe bases on your own personal feelings? I know that I, for one, will never take another thing you say here with an ounce of respect unless you do.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You've gotten 44 replies, one flag and four stars....seems like maybe everyone is not taking you seriously ? Alex is certainly one of a kind and goes over the top more than occasionally, however he's investigated , reported and uncovered as much as anyone I can think of in any kind of media. I know passionate people are a threat to many . I challenge anyone to spout as much info as Alex does in one minute and thirty-four seconds...even though he's loud and boisterous most seems true to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Clockwork Elves! '___' smoking elites!

I know what you mean. When I see info wars used as a source I back out of the thread. I rarely comment.I hate it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It is hard to take someone seriously when they act like he does. I dislike his personality but I don't hate the guy.

He has enough haters as it is

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Nah. Showing up with spouting wild accusations doesn't make you an investigative journalist. He just posts everything he can and when one sticks people ignore the massive amount of fails he has acquired.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
He rants because of all the dummies out there who will not, and refuse to wake up. I bet if i were to take Alexes microphone, I could come out with some good rant too.
To THIS DAY, i know, for a fact, that most people are STILL oblivious to what is happening.
And that Clark Howard, pushing Walmarts stuff should be hung by his you know whats.
Everything on TV is fantasy.
What will some do now that Dancing With The Stars is all over!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i liked the first video.
He reminds me of eric cartman from south park
edit on 27-11-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

totaly agree he is what i imaghine the whole of the ATS comunity put into one person would be like extremly paronoid!!! some of the stuff on his youtube channel leaves me standing puzzled while saying to myself "WTF... grow up" he is an extemist and extemists in my mind are not too good. I especially hate it when he cant gets his point across and starts shouting, very childish, how about if your point is comming across the way you wished it would how about rewording what you said previously so people might be able to understand better!!!?!?!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Whether Alex Jones is right or wrong whether he has his facts straight or not - he's doing.
Anyone can sit at their computer and do no research or a quick google and claim to know what's real and what's not real.

He's actively engaging in making a living and if you don't like him or don't believe him - turn his show off.
People it is an option to look elsewhere for your entertainment.

Why do people love to hate people - just walk away. He's a comedian, he's psycho, he's a shill...the way I see it he is a human being getting on with is life.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This article discusses red light cameras not light bulbs.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yaeh he is a little dramatic but fun to listen too.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Well, at least Alex Jones does a far better job than the lies fed to us via MSM. If any of you guys think you can do a better job, step forward....otherwise keep a lid on it.

I know I can do a better job.
Where is my money bomb to get this all rolling?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
What is sad in this post is that you are looking at only one side of the coin. Many members here could report worthy videos Alex Jones did such as the spying of the Cremation of Care of the Bohemian Grove, just to name one. I think we ATSers, me and you included of course need to focus more on the positive aspect of the situation.

Prove he was ever at Bohemian Grove.
Prove that he ever saw anyone that mattered there.
Prove that everything in that video was not made up by Jones himself.

You have some people you do not know in the woods and you believe you saw famous people having a ritual at Bohemian Grove. That is the problem. You believe you saw something that is not in that video anywheere.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I wrote the following amid a flurry of platitudes that served the purpose of demonstrating some social consciousness by way of rabid right-wing ideology. The admin decided what I had to say was too thinky I guess, and moments later I was blocked from posting on the site, no explanation given, unceremoniously. Now you tell me if there isn't a clear agenda in play to keep the masses as far from thinking as possible...

People are conditioned to compartmentalize their reactions to others based on race, language, religion, ethnicity and gender. But the one truly organic distinction among humanity has to do with the quality of your individual being-- the creative vs. the destructive, good vs. evil. Whole groups of individuals cannot be accurately labeled as either good or evil, as each group is comprised of individuals who are either mostly one or mostly the other. Self-assessment should be regarded with skepticism because most individuals cannot be trusted to deliver an unbiased account of themselves. Moreover, how we are conditioned to feel about groups is a matter of politics and massive PR efforts to facilitate outcomes for those operating within a strata capable of influencing public opinion for their own benefit. Their job is to convince some people that what's for their own benefit, benefits those they need to convince. It's almost always deceptive. They've been manipulated public opinion strategically forever.

The world is in turmoil because people have allowed themselves to be controlled this way. This institutionalized conditioning has for millennia, robbed people of their ability to gauge right and wrong competently, and as a result we often sanction evil when it's administered by those we are conditioned to identify with, yet we tend to get all self-righteous and indignant when a systematically vilified group demonstrates the same behavior. This is the very essence of brainwashing. It's all ideologically based, a willful orchestration of a divided, fearful, mindset, a restrictive paradigm, designed to maintain control of the emotions and actions of the masses. The most evil among us are those systematically orchestrating this brainwashing, pitting people against people so that they, the more nefarious factions of the ruling class, are insulated from being identified as the true source of our strife, and thus destroyed by a people they can no longer control, whom they have clandestinely harmed for eons.

For instance, it's in egregious defiance of the 4th Amendment for the TSA to rifle through our things and search our persons anyway. Yet you've been conditioned to view the Muslims as the enemies, rather than the legislators who continue to wipe their arses with your Constitutional rights.

Some of you have been conditioned to identify whom I've just described as Zionists but you must be cautioned against blind and rabid adherence to any ideology that gives you the warm and fuzzies about how you identify yourself in relation to others. If anything it keeps you trapped in a cycle of accepting and rejecting information based on whether or not it validates the dogma you so diligently subscribe to. It's an organic forfeiture of the wherewithal required to gain genuine knowledge. Unfortunately people seem to prefer being pacified to being armed with factual knowledge. And this one fact alone is what is consistently being used against us, keeping the world in a perpetual, unbroken state of war.

People, it's seriously time to wake up. You've all be had.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Come on, people, at least he's no Rush Limberger!!!
Need i say more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join