It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wales Football Manager Gary Speed Found Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
this reeks of conspiracy! im not even joking,
gary speed kill himself. WHY!?????

RIP GARY SPEED BIG LOVE TO ALL LEEDS SUPPORTERS.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

Me too, I've been watching Gary Speed play and do interviews for 20 years and although you can never know what's going on in someone's life it does seem very strange. He's always been level headed, confident and quite humble.
The fact that he was doing interviews right up to his death seems strange. He had big plans for Wales

I don't really care much for football these days but this news is devastating.

I still remember the season they won the title the thrashed my team QPR 4-1 at the loft, he was man of the match, I had to respect him as a player..

RIP GARY SPEED

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by salo99

leaving no note

Do we know he left no note?

As far as am aware the police haven't gone into such detail yet, and normal practice suggests they won't for a while yet.

Obviously nothing can be ruled out yet but depression is a very strange thing, can affect people from all walks of life and for a multitude of reasons.....and it does very strange things to people.
Who knows what goes on in people's private lives and in the depths of our own minds.

All I do know is that Gary Speed was the consumate professional footballer who conducted himself with immense dignity and deserves our respect.

The details will be released in due course.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
this reeks of conspiracy! im not even joking,
gary speed kill himself. WHY!?????

RIP GARY SPEED BIG LOVE TO ALL LEEDS SUPPORTERS.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

You should please educate yourself on depression.

Many people are severely and medically depressed but put on a brave face. Nothing suspicious about his death, unless you think money and fame prevent people from being depressed

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let's see how this one unfolds, the only reason I'll be suspicious is if it is eventually used to dismantle the Murdoch empire i.e. "He was so worried about secrets being published after his phone was hacked"

The New World Order have been after Murdoch for a while now, if this ends up being a bit too convenient, there's probably more to it i.e. professional assassins. Along similar lines to the all too convenient Madeleine (Get Your Kids Microchiped) McCann media hype

RIP Gary Speed
edit on 27-11-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
. "He was so worried about secrets being published after his phone was hacked"

Not to take anything away from the mourning but this is a strong rumour making the rounds.

Still doesn't make it anymore understandable for his family and friends if true.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by jameshawkings
. "He was so worried about secrets being published after his phone was hacked"

Still doesn't make it anymore understandable for his family and friends if true.

If this is a weapon that the NWO have designed to attack Murdoch with; Gary's family will likely never understand that. It would take many many years of research for someone to realize the reality of these mad events that are taking place in the world.

edit on 27-11-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
But it's not a weapon to take Murdoch down.

Granted Murdoch should be brought down grovelling for mercy, but if true it's not inconcievable that the illegal invasive actions of the press could cause a person suffering from depression to do such an act. Murdoch is the NWO by the way, that is if you believe in that type of drivel.

Anyhoo, more details need to be released first.
edit on 27-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
But it's not a weapon to take Murdoch down.

Granted Murdoch should be brought down grovelling for mercy, but if true it's not inconcievable that the illegal invasive actions of the press could cause a person suffering from depression to do such an act. Murdoch is the NWO by the way, that is if you believe in that type of drivel.

Anyhoo, more details need to be released first.
edit on 27-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

While Murdoch does initially appear to be part of the NWO, on closer examination he's actually a lesser evil who happens to be getting in their way. Overall though, it's more about his son, it's his son who they want out of the way (before he takes over).

At this moment in time, Gary Speed's death isn't being used as a weapon to attack Murdoch, but give it a few weeks and we'll see how this unfolds.

One way or the other; a very sad day

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They found him hanged.

Who hangs themself? That's a horrid way to go. He was turning Welsh football around I think he was either murdered or was being threatened some way and couldn't handle it anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
They found him hanged.

Who hangs themself? That's a horrid way to go. He was turning Welsh football around I think he was either murdered or was being threatened some way and couldn't handle it anymore.

An excellent point, hanging would not be the suicide of choice for most in 2011

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
seriously sad day but some people have got very over active imaginations,murdered etc,obviously something was going on in his private life that none of us knew or will ever know,thats for his family and no1 else,police said no suspicious circumstances,leave it at that,sure if there was anything suspicious about it then his family would be first people to shout about it,they aint so what does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
seriously sad day but some people have got very over active imaginations,murdered etc,obviously something was going on in his private life that none of us knew or will ever know,thats for his family and no1 else,police said no suspicious circumstances,leave it at that,sure if there was anything suspicious about it then his family would be first people to shout about it,they aint so what does that tell you?

It was meant to be the same with David Kelly too, but there can be few who doubt foul play in that instance.

It's too early to say if there's a conspiracy behind Gary Speed's death or not, but if there's an agenda behind it we'll be finding out in the near future

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
think theres a big diffrence between david kelly and gary speed to be honest,its as crazy as me saying the sfa were involved cause they were worried about scotlands chances of qualifying for next world cup.ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
think theres a big diffrence between david kelly and gary speed to be honest,its as crazy as me saying the sfa were involved cause they were worried about scotlands chances of qualifying for next world cup.ludicrous.

There is a big difference, like you say, unless Phone Hacking/Murdoch come into this (in the near future), as that's a major agenda that's being played out. Faking Gary Speed's suicide and then blaming it on Murdoch would be like getting a pawn to the end of the board and it becoming a Queen

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
wow this murdoch idea is really intriguing... couldn't believe this when i read it this morning, really sad and like others have said makes no sense at all.

i really can't imagine how he could have been depressed, friends said he was a model professional and always kept himself in shape... there's always a possibility but depression doesn't seem to fit at this point.

if i was to guess i'd say it was either one of the following:

gang/mob related stuff (very much present in european football)
blackmail
gambling addiction/debt
guilt over infidelity/inevitable exposure of such
the murdoch thing
the michael hutchence thing (sorry!)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Truly a shocking piece of news. Was genuinely excited to see how his Welsh team progressed and loved watching them play (and I'm English); also, as a Newcastle supporter I have great memories of him as a player.
I did at first think there may be something suspicious but after a few hours I came to decide there really probably wasn't. Some of those (not all!) who are claiming foul play seem to be motivated by the seemingly random nature of this- it's scary to think there were no signs of this coming.

A (very) few seem to be calling him selfish which is somewhat understandable. I'm sure his kids will at times hate him in the future and think of him as selfish but only because of grief. We do not choose to become alive, I don't believe we have an obligation to those hyperthetical people who were not given life to remain so.

reply to post by pazcat

Not to take anything away from the mourning but this is a strong rumour making the rounds.

I guess it's inevitable that a rumour like that would start, doesn't make it necessarily have even a hint of truth though.

reply to post by DAZ21

They found him hanged. Who hangs themself? That's a horrid way to go. He was turning Welsh football around I think he was either murdered or was being threatened some way and couldn't handle it anymore.

Hanging is the quintessential suicide method- many people choose that method for this very reason. Also, what are the other options? Jump off a building- very public and messy. Drug overdose- have to acquire the right drugs or risk no death and liver damage with something like paracetamol. Jump in front of a train/ bus- potentially a horrible guilt given to a random person. Slit wrists- risk of not dying. Gun- this is the UK, guns are not common to get hold of.

reply to post by RickyVelveeta

i really can't imagine how he could have been depressed, friends said he was a model professional and always kept himself in shape... there's always a possibility but depression doesn't seem to fit at this point.

You seem to think that depression is logical. Thoughts of percentages that you have access to education, wealth, entertainment etc. simply add guilt that you have all these things which many don't and still cannot function properly.
edit on 27-11-2011 by yes4141 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141

You seem to think that depression is logical. Thoughts of percentages that you have access to education, wealth, entertainment etc. simply add guilt that you have all these things which many don't and still cannot function properly.
edit on 27-11-2011 by yes4141 because: (no reason given)

trust me i know. the thing is, so many have personally vouched for his mental health and said he was doing just fine. of course we may never know but usually SOMETHING would point towards depression of some sort, drinking, loss of health, family disfunction etc. what i'm saying is that NORMALLY one would show signs of deterioration of mental spirit before it got to the point of actually ending their own life, if that makes sense. of course there are exceptions, but i find it hard to believe he had never so much as seen a doctor or at least once tried anti-depressants or anything; i guess that information is key.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

Well, consider the fact that he is very well known and respected and held a prestigious and high stress job. Then consider the likes of Tony Adams and Stan Collymore. They both have struggled to get and retain good coaching jobs in part because of their reputations as potential trouble in the future- football generally doesn't give much sympathy to any type of mental problem (not that I'm defending Collymore's other actions). He had a reputation of such phenomenal professionalism that any hint of this could have severely damaged it and compromised his position as Wales manager- he simply refused to give up the captaincy of Wales so I can't imagine him ever wanting to risk losing his position as manager. Then there's also the possibility that he had too much pride to risk the Welsh FA from keeping him on as manager in order to simply keep him well and burying the problem in work.

I don't see how anyone can truly 'vouch' for someones mental health simply because of how they acted at work or at the pub.

He's not the first either, I remember the German Keeper Robert Enke committed suicide a year or two ago.

Did he write an autobiography? I suppose that may give some insights, though then again, it may say nothing; also the fact that his family were apparently in the house all last night is strange. As I said earlier, I did at first have thoughts of suspicion, but now I just cannot honestly say I think it is anything but suicide.

P.S. the "trust me i know" line is a little patronising and irritating.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Some of those (not all!) who are claiming foul play seem to be motivated by the seemingly random nature of this- it's scary to think there were no signs of this coming.

i am struggling with that myself. i just can not get my head around why somebody would do this when there were no signs what so ever and their career has been a vast sucess. i can only think there must be something people are yet to learn, but while ever it remains a mystery even to his closest friends people are going to speculate, "did somebody want him dead" etc etc.

i understand management can be stressful i do not think he was under any type of pressure from anybody in his job as he was doing a very good job with the welsh team and he was getting them on the verge of a qualifaction with the way they were starting to play, which for wales would of been a major achievement and gary speed would of become a huge hero there. he was not exactly in a postion to be getting stress from anyone.

management jobs usually become stressful when you are fighting failure not sucess. i suppose more will come out over the next week.

if you compare 2010 results to 2011 the improvement is evident
news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
hmmm, what does football have to do with ATS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join