It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran parliament votes to downgrade relations with UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Right, where were we?

Oh yes, Iran downgrading ties with the UK primarily due to the UK imposing sanctions on banks over Iran's nuclear develpment activities.

Here's another link: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27/11/11 by logicalview because: Distracted!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

edit on 27-11-2011 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
Right, where were we?

Oh yes, Iran downgrading ties with the UK primarily due to the UK (and others)potentialy imposing sanctions over Iran's nuclear develpment activities.

Here's another link: www.bbc.co.uk...
Fair enough lets talk about that. What right do we have to say that they cant defend themselves with nuclear weapons if we can?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Millions of innocent people were killed by Britain in ww2, this is well known. They also used countries in the commonwealth such as Australia as pawns; so general’s orders were responsible for hundreds of thousands of unessacary deaths.
Yes ww2 was defence but Britain did it in a pretty gutless way. Vietnam was certainly not defence tho and there were millions of innocents killed there.
Every war Britain goes in it slaughters innocent people, and they have been doing that for centuries. I estimate the number would be close to billions now.
If you don’t think I'm telling the truth, please investigate the truth before responding; because I assure you that they ARE the real terrorists.

edit on 27-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

You know something? You sound like a terrorist to me with what you are saying. My father served in the second world war. My brother served in the Falklands, I was in Northern Ireland serving there and not once did I see or hear of innocent people getting slaughtered.
UK is a small country but a proud country and we will,not take or bow to anyone.
Hitler couldn't even invade or beat us because we will stick together when need to and always will.
Show me any news reel or evidence, not what you copy and paste.
In fact, I don't feel the need to to continue to defend what is the truth, but,it was,completely uncalled for what,you said and an insult to the British people.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Please explain how it makes me a terrorist to point out the facts about what Britain does to the world. If you call someone a terrorist for blowing up a train or one building, what does that make someone who blows up multiple cities and millions of innocent people?
I respect your father, just like I respect anyone who was probably forced to fight in a war.
Obviously you would not hear about people being slaughtered. The Falkland’s wasn’t a big enough war for the usual allied tactics but I would be certain some innocent people would have died.
Britain certainly doesn’t have much to be proud of; its history is filled with shame. Most of the time tho your not fighting for your country, you’re fighting for a small group of people who wouldn’t ever dare fight for their country.
Like I said just research almost any war Britain has been in and you will find innocent people have been killed, and I haven’t copied and pasted anything?
You’re defending a lie. If the British public really cared about their people, they would stand up to their sham government and release the truths I'm talking about. Because it doesn’t represent the people, but they sure let it happen and that’s bad enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

are you a republican? i guess your one of these that wants the union flag removed from the national flag of Australia.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Maybe if you hate Britain so much you should move to Iran and then be 'slaughtered ' like all the rest?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLaKK

are you a republican? i guess your one of these that wants the union flag removed from the national flag of Australia.

Im labeless. Quite obviously, the monarchy is a dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Maybe if you hate Britain so much you should move to Iran and then be 'slaughtered ' like all the rest?
Why the commas? If Britain gets their chance they will slaughter innocent people there, hopefully Iran can get a nuke and defend itself before we go in and rape another country

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Fair enough lets talk about that. What right do we have to say that they cant defend themselves with nuclear weapons if we can?

Thankyou. So you are capable of sensible discussion?. That is a perfectly valid argument and one which does not necessarily have a justifiable answer. Why didn't you open your reply with it earlier?

The general concensus is that NATO countries just don't trust Iran to possess nuclear weapons. It's as simple as that. Now we can debate this until the sun burns out, i actually don't agree with it either. It's just hypocrisy.

edit on 27/11/11 by logicalview because: grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Commas are there it was you that said we 'slaughtered' innocent people,that is why and to remind you that we didn't

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Thankyou. So you are capable of sensible discussion?. That is a perfectly valid argument and one which does not necessarily have a justifiable answer. Why didn't you open your reply with it earlier? The general concensus is that NATO countries just don't trust Iran to possess nuclear weapons. It's as simple as that. Now we can debate this until the sun burns out, i actually don't agree with it either. It's just hypocrisy.
Just because what I was saying didn’t agree with you doesn’t mean its not sensible discussion. I didn’t open with it because I have said it many times before.
Yes it is clearly hypocrisy. Iran has every right to it because the NATO countries will come in and crush them if they cant defend themselves, and nukes is the only method they have to do that.
It’s hard for people to think about it without a national sense of pride or whatever, but the allies are the only people who have been dumb enough to use them before; yet somehow we are eligible to hold the world at ransom with them?
The world is topsy turby. Please excuse me for my anger before but I cannot sit and watch what our nations have done to people without saying something. If it’s ok for people to say "go kill the Iraqi terrorists" or something like that, why is it wrong to not like the people who have done so much worse?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Listen, go and annoy someone else with your silly rants as this subject was about Iran yet all you have done is slag off Britain.
You stand in London or Glasgow and mouth off,what you are saying and see where it gets you.
Grow up and let the original OP discuss what he posted about, why not say America does the same or do you not think they would really have a go at you?
You can carry on if you want, but if I said what I really feel I would be banned or suspended,from here and I don't intend to to,that,for anyone.
End of discussion for good with you as you sound what was,said after 911 when they said death to America .
Do not reply to any of my posts in future.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Commas are there it was you that said we 'slaughtered' innocent people,that is why and to remind you that we didn't

Mmmm... Dresden springs to mind, as an example of needless slaughter, if one is needed.

I stopped waving the flag and engaging in petty and ignorant defence of this country and it's old boy network of psychopaths many years ago. And yes, I did serve in the armed forces too, but was not brainwashd into blindly following orders or felt the need to prove how tough we are to make a point.
Should this country be attacked, then yes, I would likely take up arms to defend my friends and family, but I am sure as hell not gonna get myself killed for a bunch of elitist profiteers and criminal politicians!

Edit , to keep it on topic. Cooperation and relations with Iran were coming along nicely, in fact better than they had been for a long time, right up until Bush came out with his ridiculous "Axis of evil" speech, and destroyed all progress that had been made of many years. See, the political class and their handlers - the big bankers and industrialists - need enemies and wars. It's good for business and if peace broke out they'd lose their grip on power, not to mention a lot of lovely money. So, it's best to keep killing, creating new enemies as the old ones are dealt with, to keep the fear in place and the money flowing. It's worked that way for hundreds of years.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Anyway Iran are NOT to be trusted with nuclear weapons. First off Iran is an Islamic country where religion is not just religion but is LAW. It despises and incites death to non believers, christians and jews alike. You say or do something against the state your either hung from a crane or buried up to your waste and stoned. We are a democracy and have freedom to voice our opinions and views without being punished. We are a multicultural society where all religions are welcome. If Iran had nuclear weapons they would not hesitate to use them.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

one of the countless other ways they could be wipped off the map.

Please answer me why britain doesnt deserve a good smaking like all the countries they invade and slaughter

There are a million ways you can loose your freedom.

Uh please educate yourself on britain before defending them so whole heartly.

Oh, the irony.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

...and yet, it was a "Christian" country that needlessly used two nuclear weapons against a defeated enemy, just to prove they could and to test them against urban targets.
The whole Islamic argument just does not hold water and is nothing more than scare mongering nonsense. It also ignores the fact that there is zero evidence that Iran is even developing them, other than innuendo, assumptions and lies. Is that worth more death and destruction? Perhaps only to psychopaths.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
lol He would get lynched!

You know it has nothing to do with the British people, when it comes to what the "Government", or should I say Anglo-American Empire, do. Why say something like that? You obviously want to just start an argument. Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLaKK

If Iran had nuclear weapons they would not hesitate to use them.

Thats something that nobody can know for sure, except the Iranians. Surely no-one is stupid enough to use them.
Imagine the international condemnation for starters.

To use them in self defense against a nuclear attack, well not much of an arguement there admittedly.

We can only hope that no-one wants to be the nation to use them first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join