It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran TV: Syria is now pointing its Scud missiles toward Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yeah that's gonna end well... NOT.

Iran TV: Syria is now pointing its Scud missiles toward Turkey (Haaretz)

Seriously Syria? I hope at least you are not insane enough to have put biological and chemical agents in there or it's gonna be real bad for you.

Syria is probably doing this because they know that a Turkey intervention is very likely in the near future... even Israeli intelligence thinks so.

Israeli security forces: Turkey nearing military intervention in Syria

Defense officials in Israel say Turkey is likely to set up secure buffer zones in Syria, near the border, to allow armed Syrian opposition groups to battle against the regime.

Just a few months ago, Syria and Turkey were big buddies... not anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I dunno...

The more I read about this the more I think it will go down. Syria is in a pinch. Their neighbors are not being too friendly. They have a certain percentage of their own people wanting change and of course we have the US/West pushing for sanctions and or hinting at action.

Then there are those in the crowd who think Russia, China and or Iran will step in.
Of the three, I think Iran would foolishly attempt something. I honestly don't think Russia wants a war that would cost it and the US/West millions of lives over the likes of Syria. China? What are they going to do? They don't have a real navy to speak of to come to the rescue. Their Air-force cannot fly all the way there and back. Are they going to come across all of central Asia and fight their way through to Syria?

Let's all hope cooler heads will prevail here.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

China? What are they going to do? They don't have a real navy to speak of to come to the rescue.

Doesn't China have the second largest Navy in the world?

No 2. China

Navy personnel: 250,000

Navy ships: 760

Ports and Harbors: 8

Aircraft carriers: 1

Submarines: 68

Amphibious craft: 121
Source

edit on 27-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: me make a typo

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It seems that Syria have been producing Type D's
at a rate of 50 a year.

Syria recently launched an improved version of the SCUD-D missile, designed to extend the missile's range and make it more difficult to intercept, by introducing a separating warhead. The missile can carry a payload of about 700 kg, comprising of high explosive, chemical or biological warfare cargo. The separation of the warhead section makes in difficult for hit-to-kill weapons, seeking the tip of a missile shaped target, since the interceptor must be equipped to perform more complex computation and sense more subtle changes in the target's behavior, to positively identify the warhead and ignore the exhausted the missile fuel tank and exhausted engine, which provide a much larger and brighter target.

Defence update.com

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Reference the difference between a blue water navy and coastal defense. Their Navy isn't quite there YET

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope cooler heads prevail as well, but I find it more and more unlikely if the saber rattling rhetoric continues. It is coming from all directions from Russia to Central Asia. By Syria doing this they are practically encouraging a preemptive strike by Turkey, because they are not going to sit back and wait for Istanbul or Ankara to be attacked by scud missiles.

Then we have the Russians who claim to have great interest in Syria, because of their naval base. Yet, they are joining the fray with tough talk instead actively engaging their partner with tough diplomacy and maybe threats of cutting off aid and support if Asad doesn't tone down his harsh treatment of protestors and insurrectionists. Opposing sides can only play chicken for so long before someone blinks, and then Pandora's Box is opened. How do you put the toothpaste back in the tube once it is out? We are entering a very tricky time for the world powers, and may be on the cusp of a major conflict. I don't want to fall in with the doom and gloom crowd, but by reading the tea leaves something may be in the works?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Reference the difference between a blue water navy and coastal defense. Their Navy isn't quite there YET

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i have been told first hand that nations that border to the south of the european union have recalled all leave passes to their battle deployed special forces (equivalent of navy seals and ranger's units) to be on standby , they were ordered not to leave the country and leave forwarding addresses/new or current cell phone number to the closest MP station and to be in this mode until January. This isn't a troll reply, this is as real as it gets. I am not banging any war drums, i am merely posting what was talked about over a bbq, who's host was an individual who has committed battle units into past/present wars through coalition forces.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Well as Slayer says, their navy is good for coastal defense... but doing operations that far (Syria) and waging war against a US battlegroup? Don't think so.

Of course they could put artillery batteries on Chinese commercial tankers like that :

If China were to convert all their ``shipping`` ships into warships, they would have a big big. very big navy.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Didnt the Chinese navy surface a sub in the middle of an American carrier group that had made its way there undetected? Sounds like real good progress.

Actually it surfaced within possible striking distance of the carrier group. Not in the middle.

I know it's often misquoted.

It's sounds scarier the way you put it though.

edit on 27-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well this dovetails well with something I said on a similar thread about Turkey being under threat by Iran. Iran and Syria are working in a coordinated way and ought to be expected to work together if/when war breaks out as well. There is no logical reason to think they won't, given everything the world is watching. If the West isn't planning with them as a block, it'll be the largest strategic blunder in modern history......

....and of course both Syria and Iran have working ties with economy changing sums of money with both Russia and China. Yeah...nothing here can really turn out well unless this starts ramping back DOWN...

Win, lose or draw....it's all shades and degrees of bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Today is the day where one city can be completley wiped off the map with the push of a button.
Dont underestimate anyone
Its irrelivant who wins the war when countless people are guarnteed to die on each side.
Stuff is brewing and I feel its only a matter of time now..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Are you guys having fun by indicating that china does not have a navy that is far from being dismissed or am i missing something, if so, then i am glad you are not the head of any naval fleet.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's getting close, my friends. Very close. This is indeed an amazing time to be alive.

Matthew 24:6-8(KJV)
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Here is something on the target

U.S. officials have said they expect the radar to be deployed at a military base in Kurecik, about 435 miles from Iran, by the end of the year. The radar, along with the March deployment to the Mediterranean Sea of the USS Monterey, armed with Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) IA missile interceptors, would complete the first phase of the administration’s missile defense plans

armscontrol.org

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Syria is prepared for bio strikes.Its a good option.Russia could provide ethno-centralized bioweaponry to Syria to target the Turkish DNA sequence and the anglo-saxon sequence.Essentially Russia has a lot to benefit if Syria initiates bio warfare with NATO.

What is that sticky goo destroying crops in Turkey do you know?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Horney Aliens

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

No

Not dismissing their navy just looking at the situation realistically. Here are several issues with various scenarios

1. It takes time for a navy to sail all the way from Chinese ports.

2. The US/West will see their navy coming with satellites

3. They will have to sail through and be bottle necked in the Suez canal also past Israel or

4. They will have to sail all the way around Africa

5. They will have to fight the combined navies of the US and EU in the EUs own backyard. The Med

6. China can't defeat that kind of naval power with submarines and one Aircraft carrier.

edit on 27-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Essentially Russia has a lot to benefit if Syria initiates bio warfare with NATO.

Yeah if their aim is to see Syria get wiped off the map by nukes...

I'm 100% sure if Syria uses biological weapons or chemical weapons against anyone they will get nuked.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

Syria is prepared for bio strikes.Its a good option.Russia could provide ethno-centralized bioweaponry to Syria to target the Turkish DNA sequence and the anglo-saxon sequence.Essentially Russia has a lot to benefit if Syria initiates bio warfare with NATO.

How would anyone benefit from Bio-Warfare? Due to the worst case scenario's and how quickly those are projected to develop combined with the 'fog of war' unknowns during such a use....almost instant nuclear response is a given. If not for retaliation, then for removal of the bug before it can get out of hand....if such a thing is possible.

Hopefully no one is STUPID enough to use any form of biological weapons. Chemical? Even Nuclear, can be handled. Those two are horrible at the time, but once it's over, it's over. Biological can mutate or just run totally out of control and kill every last one of us. I'll fully support nuking the first and ANY nation to actually deploy those weapons in any upcoming fight.

Even warfare has it's limits. Beyond those lay true madness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join