It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's brought in another new member?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As introductions go I thought I would share what brought me here. It's simple, hours and hours searching for answers that just haven't been found yet. My life has had events that I have never forgotten or could understand, and now my child is having some of the same events happen now that have since long stopped for me. My child has had a constant of strange things going on that just can't be understood by normal standards and only point to supernatural or whats called paranormal. So with so much activity here it seems the best spot to write it all out but only once. I'm not looking for repeat threads all over the net or to make someone their next best novel. Just hopefully a place with information and not just commercialization hype of the hot paranormal topics.

The elusive cloaked black figure is what has me searching hard for information and find very little. I can find a few similar stories out there but nothing to clarify what the figure is or represents so to speak. I'm not talking about Shadow People, or the Grim Reaper although they do have some similarities to what is going on for us. Anyway once my account lets me my new thread will touch more on this visitor that keeps coming our way.

My interests are wide and at this point and are focused on the supernatural. I have an open mind and like the many wonders of the world. I think this place is going to provide hours of interesting finds that will keep me reading and posting for a long time.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh how the English language changes...
What's brought in a new member?
Indeed. What's?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mattytencza

Hello and welcome to ATS.

Have fun and ignore the snide posts. ^

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Stop looking for things that are not there. Just focus on being a normal parent.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Looking forward to hearing more.

Welcome!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Indeed. What's?

What's = what has

slang contractions?
It works....

Welcome new member

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Indeed. What's?

Yes, like "what is brought (to the table) in another new member" what's =what is.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Welcome!
Who's brought you here?
How's you had your time here?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

good grief.

Informal contractions like "what's" are recognized and used often in speech.

What's he do all day? (what does)

What's happened here? (what has)

Get over it.
edit on 11/26/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Very unnecessary. People come here to share. This is not English 101. Unless you'd like everyone to pick every post of yours apart, I'd (I would) pick my battles, if I were you.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank you all who has given me the warm welcome!! I haven't used any forums in a long time so bear with me.

To the members who are looking for whats to come soon the 20 will be reached and I will post my story in the appropriate thread I hope. I'm searching that now I think I have it right. So to those of you that have welcomed me i hope our paths will follow along one another and have some insights that we can share among all interesting sides of life.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

You're right.
I am being a bit anal.
Sorry, all.

edit on 26-11-2011 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thank you for your input.
I can't blame you for a blind perspective of something you have no experience over. Trust me when all else fails and your a parent who actually cares about their child. You have to think outside of the box. I have always had the motto in life that applies to all activities of daily living," if your heart is in the right place it shows, and if it's not well that shows too".

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You get it!! I write as if I'm talking in person and not just through a computer screen. Either way my words are taken is up to the readers themselves. It's all so black and white on here, things can be taken a number of different ways because the personality is missing from the conversation. It's not my point to be politically correct, that would be to boring and I am anything but boring.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hi Sunny Dee! To answer your question I stumbled upon the site by accident or luck not sure which. So far my time here has been good although short as I just found the site today. I like the fact this is an active site with such warm and welcoming members. I think I will enjoy the site a lot and I hope I will have an overall good experience here. It's just like anything else in life it's what I make out of the adventure. I have a good perspective and think the adventure is worth the journey so to speak.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

For some reason, I will be interested in what you have to say.
As for me, I say, welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thats ok, I've already brought up 3 kids in to adulthood quite successfully without having to look for shadows in the closet or the corner of a room. If I would have seen any my response would be "dinner is at 6pm" !

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That is great, and I'm happy your children have moved into their adult lives. I wish you and your children all the best. May you enjoy what life has to offer. I'm moving on to better replies where people don't have a need to validate themselves or their skills as a parent or as a person. I don't have time for snide remarks or arguments. That is not what I'm here for and just for the record even in my every day life I don't associate with others who have very little class. You take care now on your adventures.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Why thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm glad for what ever reason I have caught your attention. When coming into a forum as the new kid it's always a question as to what to say on the welcome thread. So I figured just share my out of the box search. I sure found the right place for out of the box threads. There are a lot of great threads here and can hardly wait to dig in. As of yet though I'm still getting a layout of it all.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Hi there and thank you for the warm welcome! A big 10-4 on the snide advice. Some people just can't help it I guess and no worries about the snide ones. There all around us, and they only become a problem if we choose to acknowledge them. I only go so far with that. Most members though so far seem to be a nice and friendly bunch. We are all are here to share right? Maybe our paths will share some similar thread likes. Either way thanks for dropping a reply with great advice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join