It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Iran threatens to hit Turkey if US, Israel attack

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran will target NATO's missile defense installations in Turkey if the U.S. or Israel attacks the Islamic Republic, a senior commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard said Saturday.

Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Guards' aerospace division, said the warning is part of a new defense strategy to counter what he described as an increase in threats from the U.S. and Israel.

Tensions have been rising between Iran and the West since the release of a report earlier this month by the International Atomic Energy Agency that said for the first time that Tehran was suspected of conducting secret experiments whose sole purpose was the development of nuclear arms.

The U.S. and its Western allies suspect Iran of trying to produce atomic weapons, and Israel, which views Tehran as an existential threat, has warned of a possible strike on Iran's nuclear program. Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes.

"Should we be threatened, we will target NATO's missile defense shield in Turkey and then hit the next targets," the semiofficial Mehr news agency quoted Hajizadeh as saying.

Tehran says NATO's early warning radar station in Turkey is meant to protect Israel against Iranian missile attacks if a war breaks out with the Jewish state. Ankara agreed to host the radar in September as part of NATO's missile defense system aimed at countering ballistic missile threats from neighboring Iran.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow.. Exactly how many countries is Iran going to threaten before this is all done and over with? I think they pretty much have the entire middle east covered, and are now working there way into Europe and Asia with the latest threat against Turkey.

Factor in Syria and its threats and its shaping up to be a wonderful year for the Middle East.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No offense but

Seriously Iran attack Turkey???

Turkey would crush them!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No offense but

Seriously Iran attack Turkey???

Turkey would crush them!

I agree.... However, seeing the direction Iran and Syria are going, I think all they have left is the talk and nothing else. What I am finding interesting is how quickly the relationship between Turkey and Iran went from hate to love back to hate.

I will be shocked if Turkey does not intervene in Syria in the next few weeks.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I really wish people would not laugh at the idea of war...

k)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That government sure isnt making any friends is it?

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Wow.. Exactly how many countries is Iran going to threaten before this is all done and over with? I think they pretty much have the entire middle east covered, and are now working there way into Europe and Asia with the latest threat against Turkey.

Factor in Syria and its threats and its shaping up to be a wonderful year for the Middle East.

That's not really true or in perspective.

Iran hasn't invaded or threatened to invade anyone, they are not the aggressors IMO but the defenders (of their land and way of life). I think it's fair for them to say if people start bombing and killing them that they would fight back and hit installations aiding the attack on them.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

k)

WAR?

No, I agree it isn't funny
But Iran attacking Turkey?

Is just plain stupid. I can't believe that threat was made. I'm sorry but Turkey outclasses Iran at every turn not only that, Turkey is part of NATO and if one gets attacked it's all for one. I don't think whoever made that threat had thought it through first.

Maybe a retraction is in the works

edit on 26-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yea Persia vs Ottoman v2! Actually let Iran try and go through with that. Somehow I don't think Iran's allies would back them up on that. The relations between NATO and the Turks has not been the best as of late, but I don't see NATO leaving Turkey unsupported on that. Just more little guy posturing on Iran's part.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Time to get the Tin Hats out!!!

Second Line - May not be time for a Third!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its a good strategic move. If Turkey wanted to release itself from the NATO alliance, Iran attacking that base works for them.
There is a lot of tension between Greece and Israel from the Turks and the Iranians at the moment.
I can see the Russians and Turks aligning with Iran and removing the NATO defence shield system to help in an attack against Israel as a first stage move.
Turkey want to secure Mediteranean fossil fuel and cripple Greece, they also want to cripple Israels new gas and oil find.
The Turks want out of NATO and this would work for them.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

All I could think of was this....

"This thing will get out of control!
This thing will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!"

Fred Thompson - The Hunt For Red October 1990

For the first time in my 43 years on this planet, I am kinda freaked out about everything that is going on.
I fear that WW3 is well on it's way.

God help us!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
That's not really true or in perspective.

Iran hasn't invaded or threatened to invade anyone, they are not the aggressors IMO but the defenders (of their land and way of life). I think it's fair for them to say if people start bombing and killing them that they would fight back and hit installations aiding the attack on them.

Im sorry you are correct. They just make comments about wiping Israel off the map. They just threatened Turkey with attacks should Israel or the US hit them. They have threatened the Arab League for their actions against Syria. They have stated any attack on Syria would be met with an Iranian response.

What exactly, in your world, qualifies as a threat to attack / invade another country?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

All I could think of was this....

"This thing will get out of control!
This thing will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it!"

Fred Thompson - The Hunt For Red October 1990

For the first time in my 43 years on this planet, I am kinda freaked out about everything that is going on.
I fear that WW3 is well on it's way.

God help us!

Good movie and I agree. My signature line, well line 2 of it, is from that movie as well. The tensions are wratcheting up thats for sure. If things go bad and war starts, its going to come from an incident that no one saw coming.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

oh man... thanksgiving is over.... why turkey again?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Iran did not say they were going to attack Turkey, or invade Turkey in any way. They said they would strategically strike the NATO missle defense battery.

If you count a single strike as attacking the entire country. I think the US might be at war with over 20 nations.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

On the european union times saudi military opened up on protesters that were mourning the killing of a 19 year old.the people are chanting anti us slogans and against the saud family.thought you'd want to know cuz i can't post and it's not on any news?thanks. The #s really startin to hit the fan i think.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Im sorry you are correct. They just make comments about wiping Israel off the map. They just threatened Turkey with attacks should Israel or the US hit them. They have threatened the Arab League for their actions against Syria. They have stated any attack on Syria would be met with an Iranian response.

What exactly, in your world, qualifies as a threat to attack / invade another country?

You know the difference between an attack and a retaliation/defense ??
Every one of your examples shows Iran or their allies being attacked FIRST..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

k)

Nah, they laugh at the little guy trying to talk big for their people..

It trully is "He with the biggest stick wins" nowadays..

edit on 26-11-2011 by Trustme333 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join