It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation storm and CME ALERT!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

The weather has been great here in the north east..2 warm days..luv it

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

Where abouts in Ireland as my Girlfriend lives over there in Carlow.......?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I live near Chicago and have been having problems with the television stations going out. I thought it was my antenna but I connected a different one and it was the same. One minute we had tv, then all the channels went out at once, couldn't get anything for ten minutes or so, then they were back on again. This happened 2 or 3 times yesterday. We figured it had to do with a solar flare or something, maybe it was.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Do you have any idea how bad or how large it will be???

Yup, gusts to 120 kph. Currently bending the glass in the windows and pishing it down. Ye might say it's a little breezy tonight.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The fringes of the CME will reach Earth. Expected density is expected to peak at about 50/cm^3.

There is a 20% chance of minor geomagnetic storming at mid latitudes on 28th/29th. Major storming is expected at high latitudes. Should be a nice auroral display.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by eeks4

Do you have any idea how bad or how large it will be???

Yup, gusts to 120 kph. Currently bending the glass in the windows and pishing it down. Ye might say it's a little breezy tonight.

I hope that was a joke...Wow..Now if i had winds like that my mobile home which is not tied down by the way would just fly away.......LOL...Oh whats kph in English terms..Mph???

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The fringes of the CME will reach Earth. Expected density is expected to peak at about 50/cm^3.

There is a 20% chance of minor geomagnetic storming at mid latitudes on 28th/29th. Major storming is expected at high latitudes. Should be a nice auroral display.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I hope the north east get to finally see a aurora...That would be nice...I hope its not cloudy here

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

No it was not a joke.

74.5645431 mph - just into hurricane force in the gusts.

Just a little breeze really. We get much worse than this sometimes - sustained hurricane force winds and 90+ mph gusts, but we never call it a hurricane, just a stiff breeze.
edit on 26/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

No it was not a joke.

74.5645431 mph - just into hurricane force in the gusts.

Im so sorry..man oh man...My home wouldn't make it...Will it be like that tomorrow??

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

No it will have blown over.

Never lasts very long.

It is the price we pay for clean air and looking out over the Atlantic.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

7 decimal points?
Nice.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

One likes to be accurate!

I did think about reducing it I have to admit but thought you would appreciate the precision

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Originally posted by eeks4
wonder how big and where this quake will be...Haven t checked the magnetosphere has anyone???
Possibly 7? And I'm betting somewhere around asia.. but possibly around america.

I'm in Minnesota, USA and I got woke up out of a dead sleep with an extreme urge to vomit ... but didn't. The nausea seemed to come from nowhere. It only happened once, I'm fine now.

I guess some are sensitive to earthquakes. Hopefully that's not why I felt sick today. But it is completely uncharacteristic of me to feel that way.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

No it will have blown over.

Never lasts very long.

It is the price we pay for clean air and looking out over the Atlantic.

I bet the view is wonderful..God bless

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Too many leftovers maybe?
Something left out of the fridge too long?

edit on 11/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anybody having trouble with their satellite channels today in the US? We had the majority of our channels go out late this morning and they're still not back.

Either the high winds out here in west Texas broke our satellite dish or one of the major satellites above the earth is affected by the CME. We're getting local channels and the movie channels, but the 200 channels in between are kaput.

My guess is, the winds, but after I saw this thread, I thought I'd ask.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
seriously people feeling sick and tv channels going out,ok only a thot but ur feeling sick cause u got a bug and tv channels going out then maybe u,ve got dodgy ariel,something like this comes up then everyone trys to find a connection to it,surely if 1 person is ill then thousands would be and if tv channels went out then the same which would lead to a major media coverage.is there any? NO so until then i guess maybe some people have an overactive imagination.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nope. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and I didn't eat any food that was left out or anything expired.

Actually I hadn't eaten since last night. The nausea happened around noon today.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

You may have called it. Its not a huge earthquake by any means, a 5.0 in early reporting in the last hour or so - but up near the north pole. Hmmmm.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I know...
Don't even think of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join