It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Foreign Office says to prepare for riots in Euro Collapse.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I feel bad for all the old brit people that thought they could live a happy retirement in the south of europe.

Oh wait, I don't.

Ever since the british pound went down, they've been having that wet dream about the euro going down too.
Since that, their cost of living skyrocketed and some can't even pay the local taxes anymore. You see them poor retired brit people having to grow their own food, the heresy !!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
I feel bad for all the old brit people that thought they could live a happy retirement in the south of europe.

Oh wait, I don't.

The uk is the finance market,
it's not dependant on it.

The market is dependant on the uk.
If the uk goes down
all markets will turn into a plundering frenzy.

lol, so the uk is telling the IMF to get the # out ??

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yep, Cameron said after the last g20 summit that the IMF wouldn't be getting one more penny.

But when I look at that :
Reuters ftse 100 index

What I see is the british economy going down.

If the UK wanna play the bad boys in town ... remember how Iceland told them to go look elsewhere...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...Eurozone collapse 'will send continent into depression’

A eurozone crash, the commission has predicted, would see £10 trillion wiped off the value of the European economy, a catastrophe that would send living standards plummeting to the levels of Latin America. The shock would wipe out all the gains of Europe’s longest period of peace since the Second World War and herald the political chaos and collapse of governments that ushered in Nazism 80 years ago.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

and if you don't think that is coming to North America then I got some sweet farmland to sell to you in Atlantis.
edit on 26-11-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I think it will all come to pass just after christmas during the first month of 2012. We are at a junction in our time, the question for me is, if this is the pinacle of human covilisation then what is going to come next? A frightening thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

A eurozone crash, the commission has predicted, would see £10 trillion wiped off the value of the European economy, a catastrophe that would send living standards plummeting to the levels of Latin America. The shock would wipe out all the gains of Europe’s longest period of peace since the Second World War and herald the political chaos and collapse of governments that ushered in Nazism 80 years ago.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

and if you don't think that is coming to North America then I got some sweet farmland to sell to you in Atlantis.

If you dont think the european economy affects the US economy the you have no understanding of how global finance works. If a few rogue US financial institutions can send the world economy into depression then how can the whole european economy not do the same. I have a small patch of land on Mars if you are interested?
We should set up a real estate business, Im sure it will be booming.

Originally posted by TheMindWar

I think it will all come to pass just after christmas during the first month of 2012. We are at a junction in our time, the question for me is, if this is the pinacle of human covilisation then what is going to come next? A frightening thought.

A frightening thought indeed.
edit on 26-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Pulling out of the Eurozone or dropping the Euros is not enough to start any rioting, in fact they should be celebrating.

The only thing that would start rioting in large masses is when massive unemployment hits and they can't put a roof over their heads and food on the table. That's when you're going to see rioting on scale never seen before.

I think the article is just to scare monger.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just get it done. No need to prolong the agony and let the world currencies collapse. Let the idea of a financial system that is fair to all come out and replace this old corrupt financial system.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I still dont see the reason why should Serbia join the falling Euro
its about to Collapse.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well I have to say I was quite surprised to see this today.

I'm as prepared as I can be, which is not very prepared, unfortunately I can't afford to be. I've spent today shopping for as much food as I can afford, and we should be ok for about 2 months, if the electricity stays on, if not, we only have enough for a month, the rest will be spoiled
. Then I treated my kids to a rare trip to Maccie D's and had a night on the tiles, knowing it will probably be the last for a good few years.

What I would like to know is, what happens to my debt when it does all collapse around us?? I owe very little on my credit card and the only other debt I have is my car loan. Do those debts disappear along with my savings? Should I be withdrawing my meager savings from the credit union? I obviously don't understand economics because I was always under the impression that money going out should never exceed the money coming in, but I do understand what's to come, just looking for someone to explain what happens to an individual's debt.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
Well I have to say I was quite surprised to see this today.

I'm as prepared as I can be, which is not very prepared, unfortunately I can't afford to be. I've spent today shopping for as much food as I can afford, and we should be ok for about 2 months, if the electricity stays on, if not, we only have enough for a month, the rest will be spoiled
. Then I treated my kids to a rare trip to Maccie D's and had a night on the tiles, knowing it will probably be the last for a good few years.

What I would like to know is, what happens to my debt when it does all collapse around us?? I owe very little on my credit card and the only other debt I have is my car loan. Do those debts disappear along with my savings? Should I be withdrawing my meager savings from the credit union? I obviously don't understand economics because I was always under the impression that money going out should never exceed the money coming in, but I do understand what's to come, just looking for someone to explain what happens to an individual's debt.

I find it really interesting that they are polling for public opinion on this.
As for what will happen to the debtors, maybe this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
To be honest I really dont know what will happen. I dont think the debts will just disappear. Maybe someone else can answer that question. Its good to see that you keep your debts low, Im sure the worst that can happen to you if your only debt is the car loan, is that the car will be repossessed. Those sort of loans are usually secured with the actual car.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Pulling out of the Eurozone or dropping the Euros is not enough to start any rioting, in fact they should be celebrating.

The only thing that would start rioting in large masses is when massive unemployment hits and they can't put a roof over their heads and food on the table. That's when you're going to see rioting on scale never seen before.

I agree on the celebrating part... the way I celebrate depends on how this all goes down.

Should our elected officials realize in time that the only way to solve this mess is to quit the EZ and return to our previous souvereign fiscal policies and currencies, then this will end in a huge national celebration over here in Germany.

Should the EZ collapse and cause the next global market crash then this will definitely lead to massive unemployment and food shortage = the riot scenario you descibed.
In this case it would be hunting season for bankers and certain corrupt politicians...
also some sort of celebration.

edit on 27-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Well said, and I agree with 99% of what you say but I'll add my thoughts on Jones and those like him.

They (Jones and the others) are ON THE OTHER SIDE. Yes they do often speak the truth but they come across like they are nutters. There's a guy on RT television who speaks the truth too but he comes across like a nutjob too.
Now place you average dumbed down sheeple type person in front of a TV thats displaying Jones and co and that sheeple person is INOCULATED against the truth. The next time the sheeple hear something that they heard from Jones they automaticaly remember THAT NUT JOB ON TV and reject the information.
Thats why the Jones and co are allowed to continue.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Well said, and I agree with 99% of what you say but I'll add my thoughts on Jones and those like him.

They (Jones and the others) are ON THE OTHER SIDE. Yes they do often speak the truth but they come across like they are nutters. There's a guy on RT television who speaks the truth too but he comes across like a nutjob too.
Now place you average dumbed down sheeple type person in front of a TV thats displaying Jones and co and that sheeple person is INOCULATED against the truth. The next time the sheeple hear something that they heard from Jones they automaticaly remember THAT NUT JOB ON TV and reject the information.
Thats why the Jones and co are allowed to continue.

I have to agree with this, but also sometimes the truth is so far from perceived reality that even the very truth seems crazy and irrational. That aside I get your point.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

match that to the poll ran by the Bank of England of the thoughts of the those in the system and I think we have a match.. as the outcome of that poll was a high risk of a high impact event happening soon (akin to the one in 2008.)

Bank of England Systemic Risk Survey 2011 H2
www.bankofengland.co.uk...

Probability of a high-impact event and confidence in the UK financial system.

• The perceived probability of a future high-impact event in the UK financial system increased sharply in 2011 H2, compared with 2011 H1, and was reported to be at the highest level since the survey began in July 2008.

• Looking over a short-term horizon, 54% of respondents found the probability of a high-impact event to be high or very high in the 2011 H2 survey, 43% found it to be medium and only 3% found it to be low or very low. Over a medium-term horizon, the corresponding percentages were 60%, 34% and 6%.

54% of those who participated in the BoE survey feel there is a very high/high risk of a high impacting event in the short term which rises to 60% in the medium term.

It seems fewer and fewer people inside or outside the system feel we will get through this without another high impact event happening except in the MSM.. which still seems completely out of step with what is really happening.

edit on 27/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I will take 10 acres, can i send you my bank account info via PM?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So how does this fit in with the one global government they were supposed to try and achieve?

Is this actually a step back for the individuals striving towards a world government?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
open forex accounts and go short on euros? lmao
every cloud has a silver lining.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
So how does this fit in with the one global government they were supposed to try and achieve?

Is this actually a step back for the individuals striving towards a world government?

Like someone mentioned before, order out of chaos.
Crash the system in a spectacular fashion and the people will accept the solution brought to them.
We will be told that a NWO is whats needed to fix the problem and prevent this from happening again.
Notice how this is a global issue which will be used to create a global solution.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I guess the govt hasn't been paying any attention to the sensible people around the world for the past three years all predicting that all of this would happen.

It amazes me, it really does. These people have high salaries, they have think-tanks paid to come up with forecasts and solutions, they have special advisers and access to information the rest of us can only imagine.

So when I was sitting at home and watching them diminishing our military capability I would have to be under the assumption that they knew what they were doing. Obviously I must be incorrect in believing that the economic collapse is inevitable because the debt level is impossibly high, and that this economic collapse would inevitably lead to war and threats to our national security.

And then something like this comes out and I'm flabbergasted.

It turns out the millions of people who actually pay attention to history, and the millions of people trusting these retards to run our countries knew what was *likely* to happen, while those paid to represent us ignored the facts and made decisions based on false belief, hope, wishful thinking...

I'll need to dig up the threads, but plenty of us knew in 2008 that the $ was dead, the € would collapse, and that there would be massive civil unrest on a scale we've never seen, likely to result in the overthrow of governments around the world and massive popular uprisings resulting in several new forms of government.
How come we all predicted this way back then, and these people in positions of power and with access to all the information somehow *didn't see it coming*?

I really shouldn't be too surprised, every time they release a statistic and suggest it was more disappointing than expected I tend to scream in response "REALLY? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE ALL EXPECTED, DUMBASS!"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join