It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Favourite Sound?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well apart from other's suggestions already here (rain, waves, thunder and fire) this chord:

e|-----|
B|-----|
G|--7--|
D|--0--|
A|--8--|
E|--6--|

It's a Bb from an Incubus song called Mexico.
It's the third chord in...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
wow what a question... I have to say a childs laughter can heal all sorrow.

i think my favorite is water any sound with water but most of all waves crashing on a beach...

I love so many sounds but I have to say nothing compares to the sound of walking I love breaking the silence through the woods hearing my footsteps in the snow, sand or soil my heavy breath in the air and only life around for me to witness...

the sounds i miss most is the feeling of waking up on pismo beach on a big weekend, the thumping of paddle tires in the sand by my tent the sea wind blowing the mist from the crashing waves through camp, the smell of 2stroke oil as we gas up the bikes the calm of everything while you get your riding boots on eating cinnabons and nutterbutters... nothing better... well twisting that throttle is damn fun, but after all these years of doing it, I remember the sounds and feelings the most.
edit on 11/26/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

You're cool Vola, My wife loves to just sit on my harley at a low idle. It's an old shovel head, and I have the idle set at about 500RPM. Try that evo, and twin cammers! You can almost count the revolutions. Fish-tail pipes, with no baffles. Very sexy. Chuck-a-lump....chuck-a-lump....chuck-a-lump.... Then there's my old mans 1954 pan head that sounds like it is idling under water. bloop-bloop....bloop-a-bloop. Technology is great, but it just doesn't sound as cool as old school.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Silence. Could it be considered a sound? Guess that would be like asking if darkness would be considered a light.

But anyways, it's something I rarely ever get to hear, which is why it's my favorite.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thats an easy question: The sound of a baby's laughter!
What makes me weak at the knees? A good Zombie movie LOL!
edit on 26-11-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My favorite sound is hearing my daughter scream daddy when I come home. The way it sounds puts an instant smile on my face, even if I had the worst day of my life.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

Do you have any sisters and will they marry me? hahah

yeah I LOVE horsepower

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Two sounds: My Bride's laughter........... it goes up nearly a whole scale sometimes, and it seems almost impossible to not join in, even without knowing what she's laughing at.

The sound of a parrot convention in the sea grape or almond trees. Parrots sound like they're always having a party, and four of them can sound like a dozen. They seem also like the irrisponsible children of the bird world -- not a care in the world -- but I love them. I love them more when they don't clip off all the mangoes off the tree; wouldn't mind one or two, but to knock down a dozen and just leave them there?? Bad form. Great sound, like liquid freedom.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I find the sound and warmth of my wife sleeping in my arms gives me rapture, that or........... Gentaro Satomura!
hmmmmm,
brice

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice
I find the sound and warmth of my wife sleeping in my arms gives me rapture, that or........... Gentaro Satomura!
hmmmmm,
brice

Oh no, I forgot about my wife

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My motorbikes lumpy idle and its thumping pushrods,closely followed by the mechanical whine of the gears as ya wring its neck to 5th gear

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Brice has an 82.5% chance of scoring with the misses tonight. Wierdguy... sorry, but your odds aren't as good now. You gotta get it on the first swing dude. Oh BTW brice ditto on your post. So where does that put my abysmal chances now? *facepalm*

Ok since I'm boned anyhow: one of my favorite sounds is my wife farting in her sleep. I snicker so much it usually wakes her up, and she totally denies it, and I snicker harder. (I Iove you honey)

edit on 27-11-2011 by Binder because: I can

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by brice

Brice has an 82.5% chance of scoring with the misses tonight. Wierdguy... sorry, but your odds aren't as good now. You gotta get it on the first swing dude. Oh BTW brice ditto on your post. So where does that put my abysmal chances now? *facepalm*

Ok since I'm boned anyhow: one of my favorite sounds is my wife farting in her sleep. I snicker so much it usually wakes her up, and she totally denies it, and I snicker harder. (I Iove you honey)

edit on 27-11-2011 by Binder because: I can

I like to pull the covers over my wifes head when she farts in bed.

I sometimes do it to her after I have farted

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Ah the old dutch oven. Good times, good times...

It's totally awesome when you give em the dutch oven with their own brand, and they completely deny it on grounds that their is no way theirs smells that bad. Brings me to another of my favorite sounds. The squeeling.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

One of my favorite sounds is an amazing fiddle player...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The sound of a piano. Even if you're just messing around and making random noise.

I love the sound of a piano.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Explosions and air raid sirens.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
I am sure most of us hear a sound that makes us go weak at the knees. It's a sound that we think that there is nothing better. Here is my fave..........The Rolls Royce Merlin Engine:-

www.youtube.com...

So come on, lets here yours.

A well tuned high performance V-8 engine...

I grew up in the Muscle Car Era, when Big Blocks walked this planet. Nothing in the world like doing a burnout behind a 600 horsepower V-8 engine!
I once stuffed a 455 Stage 2 Oldsmobile Big block into a '66 Chevelle SS. In first gear, the front wheels would come up some 8 inches. I can still remember how those dual quads would ring my ears.
edit on 11/27/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Rain on a tin roof...yeah I'm from the country. If you wanna sleep like a baby it's the perfect sound!

Yeah, I agree. We had a tin roof growing up in the country as well. We have a regular roof now but the gutter is by the bedroom window so last night I could hear the rain hitting it. It's just so relaxing and calming. I don't mind a bit of thunder either, but not a big storm.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Thanks for the complement! I love a good running lope at idle made by a 3/4 lift cam any day.... many don't know what kind of havoc that can play on one's carb settings though, thats why edlebrocks can't take too much before having to be reset! Sad thing is though, holly carbs are all or nothing, not really for daily drivers. I love the sound of harleys, and even though I don't get to sit on one, I can imagine the sweet sensations!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join