It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Paul goes to Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was inspired to write this because I believe in people.

I believe that people should know what, and how things are being done. It is the right of everyone, in every country to have fair representation of their needs.

Many countries are in turmoil, and many more will soon be. The economic situation is well know to many here, and it is not a national crisis, but a global one.

The thing we all stand for are being fought for, in the home, in the streets, the workplace, and offices of the representatives of the individuals. Maybe now more than ever, we all are aware of the problems.

I urge anyone who is going to be voting to look at the actual voting history of each candidate, and if they do not have a voting history, then find their history of representaion in the corperate world.

I will offer some of the history of the congressman Ronald Ernest Paul.

Here is the Wikipedia page on the bills brought to congress by Ronald Ernest Paul, with some excerts for context.
Wikipedia of bills of congressman Paul

Constitutional War Powers Resolution of 2001. H.J.Res. 27, 2001-03-06. Repeals the 1973 War Powers Resolution entirely, prohibiting presidents from initiating a war without a formal declaration of war by Congress.[3]

Iraq Resolution declaration of war. Motion in re H.J.Res. 114, 2002-10-02. In order to prevent Congress from yielding its Constitutional authority to declare war to the executive branch, which does not Constitutionally hold that power, gives Congress the opportunity to declare war on Iraq, rather than merely "authorizing" the president to deploy forces without a declaration of war.[4] Paul said that he would not vote for his own motion, but that if his fellow members of Congress wished to go to war in Iraq, they should follow the Constitution and declare war.

Iran and Syria: H.Con.Res. 43, 2007-01-23. Expressing the sense of Congress that the President should implement Recommendation 9 of the Iraq Study Group Report. Urges the President to implement Recommendation 9 of the Iraq Study Group Report, recommending direct diplomatic engagement with Iran and Syria toward constructive results.

American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009. H.R. 1146, 2009-02-24, originally H.R. 1146, 1997-03-20. Ends U.S. participation and membership in the United Nations and its activities.

World Trade Organization, 1999-2000: Withdraws U.S. membership in the World Trade Organization

Terror Immigration Elimination Act of 2007. H.R. 3217, 2007-07-27, originally H.R. 488, 2003-01-29. Limits the issuance of student and diversity immigrant visas in relation to Saudi Arabia, countries that support terrorism, and countries not cooperating fully with United States antiterrorism efforts.

Tax Free Tips Act of 2009. H.R. 779, 2009-01-28, originally H.R. 4408, 1998-08-05. Provides that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.

Public Safety Tax Cut Act. H.R. 3303, 2007-08-01, originally H.R. 3124, 1999-10-21. Creates tax credit for police officers and professional firefighters, and makes public safety volunteer benefits nontaxable

Abolition of income tax: H.J.Res. 23, 2007-02-07. Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens. Repeals the Sixteenth Amendment, income tax, estate tax, and gift tax, and limits the government only to Constitutionally authorized enterprises. Paul had proposed similar legislation in 1999-2000 and in 2001.[2]

Coinage Act of 1983. Called for new legal-tender gold and silver coins. Ahead of its time, this Act anticipated the successful Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, which led to the minting of American Gold Eagles.[32]
Gold standard, 1983: Attempted to reinstate the gold standard.[32]
Coinage legislation, 1984: Sought to require Congressional approval of any new coinage and paper money designs, and formal retention of all test notes from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.[32]
Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act. H.R. 833, 2009-02-03, originally H.R. 1148, 1999-03-17. Abolishes the Federal Reserve Board and its banks and repeals the Federal Reserve Act.

I don't want to add to many, but some of these speak volume. I urge to you review all his bills.

Here is representation of his voting record on Govtrack
Congressman Paul's recent voting record

Of course you can always go back and look at his entire history.

Also, I wanted to add other resources for you too look up candidates history.

Here you can go back as far as 1991 on senate votes.
Washington Post, votes of senate.

Here you can look up federal legislation, current and previous.
Govtrack federal legislation

This is the office of the clerk, you can look up alot of voting and legislative information.
Office of the Clerk- U.S. House of representatives

It is important to be well informed, now more than ever.

When large corperations have control of the political structure by way of lobbysit groups, Washintonian lobbyist information
it is hard for the average person to even imagine standing against them.
How can one man make a difference, when the decks are stacked. Perhaps, he can.

We cannot let the deciepts of the past taint out taste for truth. Sometimes we all have to take the time to realise, what we do have, and what we do see as the potential for the human race.

Many of you still remember a time when the government had your respect, perhaps you were young. some would say it naive to think this way, but it shouldn't be. We should be able to trust those, representing us to represting us.

It isn't too late, it never will be.

*add* I wanted to note that Congressmans Paul's middle name is Ernest, and I wanted to share that definition with you all.

serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.

showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.

seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention.

source

edit on 26-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: add

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Excellent. S&F for you my friend.

We'd be fools to PROMISE that Ron Paul can really get any of these great bills through Congress and passed. But we will NEVER EVER get great bills through Congress like that without at least having someone like RP in place to propose and fight for them from the top down. So getting him to President is the crucial first step before we even have any chance at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Sorry to disturb, but must it not be "Dr. Paul goes to Washington" ?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

No, the title is based on a movie, that I recommend everyone see.
It is called Mr. Smith goes to Washington

It is about a good man who gets elected to senate, and has to take a stand against a corrupt system.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Funny enough, I did a post earlier today elsewhere on ATS, also touching on RP's difficulty if he does make it to the white house. He will need an administration of like-minded people, and in key areas like abolishing the fed, and uneeded military intervention overseas. I use those examples as they are often connected IMO, and also because it is a way of identifying other politicians who openly support abolishing the fed. Getting rid of the fed is essential in getting the US economy back on track and more focussed on the important day to day things, and the sensible distribution, (targeting and spending) of monies.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well it will be a hard road.

Knowing who to trust probably comes with experience.

If he can get a majority of the support, then he should have a strong chance.
Although, you can see how tough it has been for other POTUS to try and get things done.

I know he has promised to not use executive powers to get bills through, but I wouldn't mind if he did it for some of the important bills haha. I do understand that that would take away from his credibility though.

The most important thing is to remember that, there is always possibility to change the system.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well now that Cain is reassesing his potential electability, this should move some voters around.

It is tough to say where the voters will go. I still think that people can make a change, and with enough persistence there can be something done globally.

It will take alot of changes to the whole system.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Cain has already endorsed Ron Paul in one debate. Perhaps if he drops out, he will endorse Paul again? That would make things very interesting!!

Best case scenario, Paul runs in the top 3 in Iowa and New Hampshire, and then Cain drops out and endorses Paul just before Florida, and Paul wins Florida and becomes the front runner!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well they have the debate on Saturday on Fox, I think, so far Cain hasn't even confirmed if hes going to appear.

I like your thinking on the Cain supporting Paul. We will see.
Personally I think he would throw in with Romney, just as a business decision.
I hope you are right, and not me.

*I think Huckabee is hosting it, I will always remember that guy from Rick Mercer.

P.S. We don't have a national Igloo, and Rick was telling americans that the national Igloo is the Canadian parliment haha
edit on 29-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: fix

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

Sorry to disturb, but must it not be "Dr. Paul goes to Washington" ?

Yeah.. I thought he was talking about Rand.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Has no one seen that movie.... Really, i think all americans should watch it.

It is a good example of how the system can be hard for those that believe in the words on those fancy monuments you guys have, and on those nice pieces of paper so many fight for.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well things are getting interesting in the GOP nomination process.

It seems there is no one running away with it.

This year is going to be very important in alot of ways. I feel for the innocent people in Iran that will eventually be called colateral damage, if war erupts there, as seems to be the plan.

I know people here on ATS are mostly well informed, at least I would like to think so.
I guess we will see how the rest plays out.

top topics

join