It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package left at door shortly before fatal blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Package left at door shortly before fatal blast

www.cbc.ca

Police are investigating after a 23-year-old mother was killed Friday after an explosion at a townhouse in Innisfail, Alta.

The death of the 23-year-old, who used a wheelchair, is being investigated as a homicide, police said.

The woman's caregiver — a woman in her 30s — suffered minor injuries.

A package was delivered to the residence shortly before the explosion, RCMP said. It was left at the door, rather than delivered by a courier or postal worker.

The incident happened around 9 a.m. at a fourplex near downtown Innisfail, which is about an hour north of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca
edit on 26-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wonder if this is the Canadian version of the Unabomber or if it's just an isolated incident due to some bad blood. The details are very limited so it's too early to speculate.

This happens just in time for the holiday season. It might make people think twice before opening a delivered package. I predict a strong condemnation from the Canadian government and will most likely lead to some strict new laws.

I feel for this lady's family and hope this is one time thing. I would hate to think of a serial bomber sending these packages out during the holidays.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Disgusting

I hope the bomb techs can work their magic and catch the sicko responcable.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It definitely would be nice if they can confirm who did this and catch them.

It's very disturbing to think someone sent an explosive package to a young mother.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
very sad and scary story... hopefully they catch the culprit..and uncover the reason why

If you get any more info..please post , as I would be very interested to find out if police think this is random..or vendetta related.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Would it be the ex husband or boyfriend and father of her child? That would be my first suspect.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The unibomber was aimed at what he considered the establishment ,at first glance this just seems to be some kind of a domestic incident.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I thought of that too.

It's certainly a possibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The unibomber was aimed at what he considered the establishment ,at first glance this just seems to be some kind of a domestic incident.

Yes I'm aware of that. My comparison to the Unabomber was derived from the fact that he sent mail bombs similar to this one. I think you over analyzed my analogy just a bit

Maybe I should have clarified a bit more.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To summarise, a wheelchair bound woman was blown up, shortly after a suspiciously delivered package was dropped off at her door? I guess the first and most important question is, who was she? Without knowing more about the victim, it will be impossible to say for certain wether or not this bombing was personal, or random.

Second question on the roster, would be was this woman involved in some way with organised crime, terrorism, or any form of paramilitary organisation? If she is not, then what organisation of that type might she have annoyed? It may seem a ridiculous question, and may in time be proven to be one, but ruling anything out at this stage is a fools errand, specifically because without information to the contrary, biasing ones thinking would be counter productive.

Third question, was there someone in this womans life who may have had the skills required , and reason enough, to do this act? If shes not in organised crime, then does she have any inter personal relationships with persons of a questionable mindset who also know how to detonate things?
I can think of less over the top ways to kill a person whose escape skills are less than the average, that do not even involve someone knowing about it for some hours. Blowing her up seems to be a statement , rather than an intelligent means of getting rid of her, so there could be a leaning toward a personal issue, but again, bias without more information at this point would be out of line.

Question number four, who stands to benifit from her death? Was she involved in divorcing anyone, sueing anyone, taking anyone to court for any reason, or had she recently changed her will?

Fifth, and perhaps most important question is, was she the actual target of the bomb? The report says that her caregiver was on the premises also, and was injured in the explosion. Is it therefore possible that she, and not the resident, was the target of the bomb? If so, apply the same questions as previously asked to her, and see what you get. Its all up in the air, and all we may do for now, is wait for more data.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yep, someone who does'nt want to pay child support and alimony?

Or how about a family member that wants to get their hands on her assets and/or compensation pay out?

Or maybe the corporation that does'nt want to pay compensation? Any court battles?

I'd go for a family domestic as first choice before digging further.
edit on 26-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Word gets around pretty fast in Canada when something like this happens so I imagine the "gossip" about this lady will be out by sometime today. Our media loves to feed us this stuff so if any dirt on this lady surfaces it will be made public shortly afterwards.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Here is an update on the story:

Explosive package killed Alberta mom, RCMP confirm

Police have confirmed that the blast that killed a young Alberta mother was caused by a package delivered to her home.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thank you for the link.. makes me wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the accident and a lawsuit..?

Hopefully they find out who is behind it..

So sad for the daughter..hope she has good family to step in and be responsible for her.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here is another update from the RCMP:

Woman was targeted with exploding package: RCMP

RCMP say a paralyzed 23-year-old Albertan mother who was killed by an exploding package left on her doorstep was specifically targeted.

Victoria Shachtay was killed Friday in the explosion at her townhouse complex in Innisfail, about 100 kilometres north of Calgary.

"We do consider this to be a targeted murder . . . this individual was the target of the person who sent the bomb," Sgt. Patrick Webb told CTV Calgary Tuesday.

Webb said the package was delivered by hand, not through the mail. Investigators say they do not have a suspect yet, but have a number of leads.

new topics

top topics

join