It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Ideas: Memes, Thoughtforms and Dreams as Conscious Entities.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 1littlewolf

If the world is a manifest of conscious energy then your idea makes more sense...

If we are truly all one, and each of our individual 'selves' is merely a thought or dream of the Source, it means that ultimately we are the Source.

And if this then is the case, what then does it make our thoughts? Can they become conscious entities too?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp
I like your idea; I think it comes down to whether or not you value the 'mental-world' as 'real'. Some people don't but I tend to.

It is through the 'mental world' that our definition of the 'real world' is formed. The only proof of the outside is what comes to us as filtered through out 5 senses....
edit on 1/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Each word begats another word, like a seed that grows into a tree of words and ideas.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Words make form out of the formless. Thinking is thinging.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this thread. It cleared a few ideas for me, which keep coming back and which I have been postponing for too long, while very diligently experiencing creation of energies through thought.

… But can our thoughts form a consciousness all on their own? …

Am I correct in understanding that by ‘consciousness’ you mean an individual consciousness, as part of the whole?

As far as my experience goes; we are indeed a Thought-form of All that Is. Which makes each and everything part of the Original Thought. While, and correct me if I’m wrong, as a part of All that Is, there would be no ‘on their own’. I am Consciousness having a subjective experience of Itself.

… Is it possible that these ideas themselves become entities, possessing some semblance of independent will in order to further propagate themselves into other minds in order to continue their existence? …

Tricky question, since you put in ‘ some semblance of independent will’. Ideas need food to survive. Not long ago, the world was still flat. But someone, the vehicle of the idea that this was not so, kept feeding it with scientific research, until the idea matured for everyone to accept the world being round (for now at least).

… can (we) create a consciousness completely 'independent' to that of our own on this plane of illusion? …

My first ‘thought’; How can you create something that you already are?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik

Thanks for posting this thread. It cleared a few ideas for me, which keep coming back and which I have been postponing for too long, while very diligently experiencing creation of energies through thought.

And thanks for being one of the few posters on this thread to give me a decent reply

But can our thoughts form a consciousness all on their own? …

Am I correct in understanding that by ‘consciousness’ you mean an individual consciousness, as part of the whole?

I threw a bunch of ideas up in the OP and to tell your the truth I'm not quite fully understanding this question, at least the 'as part of the whole part' When I mean consciousness I mean something very limited, nothing more than that which would one would expect from a virus or bacteria, at least when I refer to ideas spreading throughout the community.

In many ways the only difference between an idea and a virus is that a virus can be seen down the microscope, whereas an idea exists purely in our brains.

Thoughtforms are somethign different entirely as they are an entity of mental energy created to fulfill a specific purpose. but I through this in just purely cos it seemed somewhat related.

As far as my experience goes; we are indeed a Thought-form of All that Is. Which makes each and everything part of the Original Thought. While, and correct me if I’m wrong, as a part of All that Is, there would be no ‘on their own’. I am Consciousness having a subjective experience of Itself.

This I entirely agree with

… Is it possible that these ideas themselves become entities, possessing some semblance of independent will in order to further propagate themselves into other minds in order to continue their existence? …

Tricky question, since you put in ‘ some semblance of independent will’. Ideas need food to survive. Not long ago, the world was still flat. But someone, the vehicle of the idea that this was not so, kept feeding it with scientific research, until the idea matured for everyone to accept the world being round (for now at least).

It is definitely an interesting idea and true it is a tricky one especially when you start thinking deeply about the true nature of reality. If anyone else has any ideas then I would be quite happy to hear them

… can (we) create a consciousness completely 'independent' to that of our own on this plane of illusion? …

My first ‘thought’; How can you create something that you already are?
We can create babies can we not. God 'created' us..... yet many would argue we ouselves are God. In many respects you could keep on going down the rabbit hole in the same way as when people compare atoms to solar systems and brain cells to galaxies.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Still keeps me busy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join