It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronze Age relics found on Dartmoor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
A Bronze Age burial site has been found on the wilds of Dartmoor in the far south west of England. The collection contains not only human remains but also amber beads stitched inside a basket and animal fur or hide.

An "extraordinary" collection of early bronze age remains and artefacts including amber beads inside a stitched bag or basket has been discovered in one of England's most remote spots.

The find on Dartmoor in Devon, in a peat mound isolated from other archaeological sites, is being hailed as one of the most important for a century, and experts hope it will reveal more about life 4,000 years ago.

More work will be done on the burial cist – a stone-built chest –to try to establish its age and the age of its contents and also to determine why human remains were left in such a remote location.

The cist on Whitehorse Hill, northern Dartmoor, was excavated in the summer. Inside was cremated human bone and burnt textile placed within animal hide or fur. This was positioned on top of a thick leather and textile object, which in turn was placed on a mat of plant material.

Also inside the cist was a delicately woven bag or basket with fine stitching still visible. There were also almost 100 beads, some of them made of amber and others of shale.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2011 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Do you have a link to where I can find out what person number I am? I'm talking about your sig. Please u2u it to me!

Oh, the beads and stuff are interesting, too. Sorry, got sidetracked. Imagine having a necklace or something made of those ancient beads.. it would be hard not to believe they would have some kind of power... They say objects retain memories
Who "they" are, I do not know... But trust me, they do say that

edit on 26-11-2011 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sicksicksick

Would it be possible to get a link to this article? And also, are you quoting the article? Or are you quoting someone on ATS? If the article, click the "EX-TEXT" button next time.

More work will be done on the burial cist – a stone-built chest –to try to establish its age and the age of its contents and also to determine why human remains were left in such a remote location.

Remote in relation to where?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
cool I actually used to live close to darmoor like a 20 min drive for me, and we used to be taken out on school trips and what not all the time when we were young to old houses/shacks and walls that are built out there, if I was still in England I would go up there and check it out myself, when I do go back I'll see what there up to

That place has alot more history than its ever given credit for hope more on this is revealed to us!

new topics

top topics

join