It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 3 days without sleep.. feeling weird/voices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey guys.. thanks for the replies.. after a few days of rest, I feel much better.. plus no voices ..

Just to clarify what 'the voices' said... well, my girlfriend spent the night over.. and she was sleeping, and I swear I kept hearing her say # about me.. negative stuff, like how "he doesn't have any friends" ... I had this idea I could read minds or something.. that lasted less than 24 hours... the next day I swear I seen tiny little bed bugs or something walking all on my floor, thousands of them.. then I blink, and they were gone..

Day four, got about 3 hours sleep, day 5 maybe 6-7.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Are the spiders coming out in your peripheries yet?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

I saw and heard some odd stuff when I came home from the hospital with my newborn and was sleep deprived. Insufficient sleep, aside from actual sleep deprivation, can do wierd things too. You need to watch the brain chemistry if sleep deprivation goes on for too long because it can apparently get "stuck" where you feel a bit caught between sleeping and waking states and get a bit nutty even after you get caught up on your sleep. If you look for a reputable doctor in your area there is no good reason not to see a doctor. I know everyone here is always screaming about big pharma but honestly I see more people ending up in deep shizz attempting to self diagnose, self medicate, and grit their teeth through serious mental or physical illness. Not all doctors are horrible deceitful shills for big pharma. Ask around, get references, shop as carefully for a reputable doc as you would for a big ticket purchase like a car. You got some really good, sound advice on this thread that I hope you follow up on. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Ready Power I am not a doctor but I have been where you are. About 6 years ago I went 2 weeks with sleeping no more than minutes at a time each day. I would fall asleep and my body would jerk and I would wake up. I finally went to the doctor who diagnosed me with anxiety. (Duh I was anxious because I couldnt sleep and I was exhausted so I was anxious. It was an endless cycle.) He prescribed me klonopin which knocked me out with the first dose. He only gave me 7 pills.

Once they were gone I was back to the same old thing. I couldnt sleep.

Desperate and exhausted I was a walking zombie. I wasnt rational. A friend of mine is a psychologist. He was visiting and I told him what was going on. He taught me some relaxation excercises and ways to calm my mind (which I really wasnt aware was going 100 mph which is why I couldnt sleep.) He told me that even though I was physically exhausted the best thing I could do was go outside in the sunlight and exercise. He told me to drink ALOT of water. He told me to keep myself and my brain busy. I started reading alot. I excercised furiously. It didnt work instantly but I havent had any problems since.

If I have a night where I am anxious I take an over the counter benedryl. It relaxes me enough to go to sleep.

Here are some tips he gave me:
Only go to bed when you are tired. If you havent fallen asleep within 30 minutes get up and do something until you are tired again. Repeat as necessary.

Do not eat past 6 pm.

No caffeine after 5 pm.

Take a warm bath and drink milk before bed. (It works!)

When you are in bed, do this excercise:

Starting at your toes ALOUD if you have to say "RELAX TOES" and physically tense them for 10 seconds then relax them. Move up your body one part at a time. I have never gotten past my hips. LOL

The idea is to force you to turn off the noise in your head and concentrate on relaxing.

Good luck.

If you would like more advice u2u me. Insomnia is horrible but according to my friend the shrink anxiety is the most common cause.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join