It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 3 days without sleep.. feeling weird/voices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am use to alcohol in helping me sleep, and have quit for a longer period than this before.. however now it is hard.. when I keep busy, such as now and type or read, I do fine. However, if I try to sleep, or in complete silence, I hear voices--- and no I don't hear voices like I have the past 2 days ever. Sometimes it is like a visual hallucination. See random colors. Are there an safe, non- going to a Doctor way to help? Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

If you're looking for a natural way of helping you sleep there was a fairly good thread recently on the subject.

Has some good suggestions...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Exercise?
Burn some steam and you'll feel good and relaxed.
Things don't happen magically you have to make them happen, just like you gave up drinking which is the best thing you've done if you can't control yourself.
I drink a lot of wine, like every day, but just wine no other alcohol. Beer sometimes.

I know a guy who's an alcoholic and he told me once that he hears voices also.

Never forget that most alcohol is poison.

Take care and hope you get through it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If the voices are giving you problems then put some music on headphones lightly while you lay down. Maybe try some binaraul beats.

Also, forcing yourself to relax (focusing on not moving a muscle) for long periods of time while laying in bed will probably work--I mean not even scratching an itch.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
I am use to alcohol in helping me sleep, and have quit for a longer period than this before.. however now it is hard.. when I keep busy, such as now and type or read, I do fine. However, if I try to sleep, or in complete silence, I hear voices--- and no I don't hear voices like I have the past 2 days ever. Sometimes it is like a visual hallucination. See random colors. Are there an safe, non- going to a Doctor way to help? Thanks

I think the answer is in your signature

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I have to know. What do the voices say?
2nd

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I have used regular licorice root herb capsules (3) at bedtime to help me sleep before. Costs about 10.00 for a bottle, much cheaper online. Not if you have high blood pressure.

Somewhere I got some astragalus caps, non standardized. Use two at bedtime now.

Not much luck with valerian or melatonin.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What are the voices saying? Or can you not make it out?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

2nd

Are you jelous because they only talk to him?

(jokes)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by Raivan31

2nd

Are you jelous because they only talk to him?

(jokes)

Ok...ummm. i do see the joke there, honestly i do. but if i am completely honest here i would have to go with, yes. Yes i am a little jealous.

No lie. I really am not enjoying my life right now and the chance to meddle with someone else's is kinda exciting.

So i've said it. I don't feel good about myself but i've said it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cherries/cherry juice may help.
www.sleepfoundation.org...
But if the OP is hearing and seeing things it has possibly gone beyond a bit of trouble sleeping. It could be schizophrenia - especially if the OP is under 30. The OP should get checked out by a doctor if this continues.
www.nimh.nih.gov...
In the meantime many people with schizophrenia drown out their voices with loud music.
As a general sleep aid, I find it helpful to listen to a talk radio programme as I am drifting off. It diverts me from thoughts which might otherwise be popping up and worrying me! I have the radio on a plug timer, set to turn off in the early hours.
edit on 26-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I don't feel good about myself but i've said it.

At least you have the courage to say it

I would also like to know what the voices are telling him.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Be careful you are going through alcohol withdrawal, it can be mortal in extreme cases. Go see a doc and stop the booze.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
(It's a benzo that's used to treat the withdrawal)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Go to bed?

Lay down, turn off your TV, computer, cell phone, lights..anything that could keep you up or wake you if you start to fall asleep.

You can also go buy some melatonin (sp?). It's natural and in non-habit forming.

Really TRY to sleep.

I've dealt with not being able to sleep all my life, but when i'm really honest with myself i know it's my own fault. I could have slept, i just chose not to.

I'm sorry but i don't see how someone could be up for 3 straight days without trying to stay up, or being on some type of upper. Be it coffee, or amphetamines.

I don't know you, and i have no idea the details of your sleeping problems.

I'd be happy to give more advice if you could tell us more about your situation.

I wish you the best and i hope as i'm typing this your eyes are closed and your drifting off to sleep.

Good luck.

Remember, we need to sleep. I know how it feels to be up for days and start acting a bit coo coo for coa coa puffs! Just don't do anything illogical. Good luck and goodnight hopefully!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
GET OFF ATS!!!

we promise the world wont end without you!

but on a more serious note, keeping your brain active with reading and such will just make it worse ive found in the past with the times ive had trouble sleeping. honestly not 3 days in a row but 2 at least....

relax and let go of worry and trouble.... free your mind of thought and wonder.... concentrate on just breathing, just existing. within time you will fall asleep and wake up a day or 2 later feeling like a million dollars.

invite a friend over to just spend time there (if you are alone...) sometimes loneliness is enough to keep someone awake.... im not calling you lonely im just making a suggestion to help you sleep. try having a friend go for a long drive on the highway some night no radio.....

insomnia will not kill you, but i dont suggest operating heavy machinery (or your car, even a go-kart) and look both ways before crossing the road

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by townio
Be careful you are going through alcohol withdrawal, it can be mortal in extreme cases. Go see a doc and stop the booze.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
(It's a benzo that's used to treat the withdrawal)

Agreed. Watch out for alcohol withdrawal. DT's were the first thing I thought of when you mentioned you quitting the booze. The stuff is poison.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Lack of sleep?? Voices?? Hallucinations? ?

Yeah I would say in this case the doctor is you only option.

That or start collecting tons of cats and start throwing them at people.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Might sound silly but i find having a fan on beside my bed helps me to sleep, it takes away the sound of silence and i find it quite relaxing.

You might want to try this yourself.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yeah, this sounds like alcohol withdrawl. I used to be in a similar situation, a while ago, where I could not sleep without imbuing a decent amount of alcohol. I know you said you wanted a non-doctor solution, but alcohol w/d is not something someone would want to tackle on their own. I have found Baclofen to work wonders, in my own case. It can ease w/d, no tolerance seems to build, and no w/d like benzos, and it allows me to sleep like a baby, not to mention it seems to have the side effect of curbing any desire to drink (or to get intoxicated in any other way). Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

That sounds like the aliens. I don't think the doctor could help with something like that anyway, since they don't know anything about it. Hopefully with all the impending major wars and chaos, maybe they'll leave you alone in a few years. Liquor is good, but you only want to use that if you absolutely have to, and the smallest amount possible since it could end up being a nightly thing if you can't sleep.

You also have to keep in mind that it's just keeping you awake and putting "voices" in your head, which isn't a big deal compared to what it can REALLY do to keep you awake. If it just went from just keeping you awake, to adding the voices, then it's probably going to keep adding more to it. It can do some really nasty painful stuff to keep you awake, and it hasn't done that stuff to you yet.

For those reasons, my answer is to try to get to sleep without the liquor first, but if it's not working then get the liquor.. just don't get a lot until it starts doing the really intense physical stuff to keep you awake, then just be careful that you don't drink yourself to death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join