It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would people not believe in E.T. as apposed to trying so hard to disprove existance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I find it curious why....given the evidence and the statistics that via math....make Earth the only planet in our universe as the only place life exists....a ZERO probability.....why do they have this need to feel we are the only ones? Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They don't like to be told what they can and cannot believe . That's like telling some one at a grocery store the sale ended 20 minutes ago and yet they refuse to accept that . The non sale item is going to cost a dollar more and they throw a hissy fit about it . Missed the train on that one as well .
edit on 26-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
They don't like to be told what they can and cannot believe . That's like telling some one at a grocery store the sale ended 20 minutes ago and yet they refuse to accept that .

I have no problem with a person not believing in E.T. whatsoever. What annoys me....and I can tell the difference between a hired gun of disinformation and a person who comes on an E.T. site and blatently confronts people with rediculous described proof of non-existance of E.T.

I don't care what people believe....it is their choice. What is interesting to me....is what is their motivation or need to do this. I don't go on a Vatican site and try to miff the faithful.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
do you really want to know because the mass populace are mindless consumer sheep that do as there Sheppard commands

the reference of sheppard and sheep come with examples

we are told by figures of authority church and state (sheppards) we are alone in the universe and have made no contact

yet history leaves us clues of alien involvement

www.crystalinks.com...

as for the sheep the mass populace that consume and do as there told well I will use this example
watch the herd as they are cashing in on black friday savings

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by watchdog8110
They don't like to be told what they can and cannot believe . That's like telling some one at a grocery store the sale ended 20 minutes ago and yet they refuse to accept that .

I have no problem with a person not believing in E.T. whatsoever. What annoys me....and I can tell the difference between a hired gun of disinformation and a person who comes on an E.T. site and blatently confronts people with rediculous described proof of non-existance of E.T.

I don't care what people believe....it is their choice. What is interesting to me....is what is their motivation or need to do this. I don't go on a Vatican site and try to miff the faithful.

Split Infinity

I stopped for the most part trying to figure the same , it doesn't take away from my curiosity in many different subjects and i'll go to the religious threads and ask questions because i'm curious and not to discredit their beliefs in any way shape or form . I suppose one noticing factor of them is that they never really commit to their honest belief for fear of the same treatment that they dish out . Respect they give may well be a white wash to fit in .

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

HA!....LOL! THATS A GOOD ONE! I hate crowds.....that seems funny coming from a stage performer....but it is true. I go to a small town butcher shop for my meat. I go to a bakery for bread. I go to a vegetable stand or small market in the winter....in summer we have an extensive organic garden.

I HATE malls. I hate to wait in lines....by celebrity status gives me the option of having a P.A. go pick out my needed things....but I prefer to go myself. I live in WESTERN MASS....GODS COUNTRY.....where the different seasons bring their own version of perfected beauty.

I like to go and pick wild FIDDLE BACK FERN TIPS.....and love a good VENISON STEAK on the grill. I am an accomplished Diver and go to Gloucester and the Cape to BUG HUNT...a term for getting LOBSTERS and also spear fish. On occasion...I will go on a friends boat and go fishing for STRIPPER.....STRIPPED SEA BASS. MAN....I love that.
People have seperated themselves from the natural world and instead.....clump themselves at 1am in from of a MEGALOMART....to fight other people for a deal on a new cell phone or TV......makes me sick!
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Those who try to disprove ET probably:

A. Believe the vast distance in Space is too far to travel

B. Believe ufos/aliens are Angels/Demons

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
We are on the outer edge of space past the burbs but not so far as being out in the sticks but close .

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Because they want to remain as the "highest intelligent of all species in the entire universe"...

the exisitence of extraterrestrial beings makes them not so special anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Knowing a few things...I find it absolutely REDICULOUS that any one of the known E.T. races.....would give a crap enough to talk to anyone to profess they are GODS,ANGELS OR DEMONS. If this story has anything to do with E.T....it is most likely because someone saw a craft or entity and something of coincidence occured.....a very good unexpected crop came in.....the fish were biting.....a strong storm came in and watered down an area in a long tern drought.

I have said this many times....they are not evil....nor are they saviors....they just ARE.....and have their own agenda....they are not here to pull our asses out of the fire.....that is up to us.

TAKE THESE STATEMENTS FROM ONE WHO KNOWS! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by game over man

Knowing a few things...I find it absolutely REDICULOUS that any one of the known E.T. races.....would give a crap enough to talk to anyone to profess they are GODS,ANGELS OR DEMONS. If this story has anything to do with E.T....it is most likely because someone saw a craft or entity and something of coincidence occured.....a very good unexpected crop came in.....the fish were biting.....a strong storm came in and watered down an area in a long tern drought.

I have said this many times....they are not evil....nor are they saviors....they just ARE.....and have their own agenda....they are not here to pull our asses out of the fire.....that is up to us.

TAKE THESE STATEMENTS FROM ONE WHO KNOWS! Split Infinity

Who are the known ET races?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I believe in a E.T. But I think skeptics should be welcomed (to a degree) I think of it as the more evidence they try to dis-credit/disprove that they cannot dis-credit or disprove brings more and more legitimate evidence of an ET presence.

It's my personal opinion that the people that are just "dead set to dis/misinform others no matter what the facts say" should not be welcomed. Its like saying 2+2 = 4 and to them no matter what the hard evidence, they still say its 7.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Of the known races...I can speak a bit of a few because it has already come out in one media form or another....other than that.....I can't say....The Greys....seem to have several forms or perhaps casts....and one is BIOMECHANICAL but sentient.

What people call REPTILLIAN are anything but....and they are difficult to deal with.

One known race....known only that it exists.....only travels here and communicates...very poorly....by remote operated PROBES and other remote craft....they do not physically come here.

This is all I can say.....other than....the TAGS....are dome by another race not mentioned. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This forum is for discussing Aliens & UFOs, not for airing our opinions or prejudices about people who hold opinions that differ from ours.

Just as it would be inappropriate to dedicate a thread to tarring "UFO believers" with specious straw man arguments, it is likewise inappropriate to target skeptics or skepticism as this thread does. In particular, some of the comments this thread contains are unsuited for any ATS forum and run afoul of the site motto.

ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually debunk.

Courtesy is a two-way street, and that's why this thread is closed.

I don't recommend starting any more threads of this kind.

top topics

join