It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Religion Can't Be Declared The Correct One

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Helious

Did anyone know that was a "jest"? Personal attack? What on Gods green earth are you even talking about?

You had no problem throwing fodder my way, but I'm supposed to remain sterile..?

You're green...

So, let me help you out. My original post had sarcastic content, and I can see just within this thread that isn't something you are not used to - how sad...broaden your horizons, it's cheap therapy.

I took a swipe at organized religion by stating that you needed to use your imagination just to have a basic understanding of it's contradictions...

Comprende guy..?

My advice, very simply......... Make posts that other people can understand, they may not always think your as cool and clever as you do.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

My advice, very simply......... Make posts that other people can understand, they may not always think your as cool and clever as you do.

Star for you!

I agree...a little too much Kettle One and motivation gets the best of me...

I'll make sure I'm more clear next time...appreciate the feed back.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

When looked at it from this perspective, it boils down to a statistical chance of being the correct religion. Sure, there may be some old book that is supposedly the word of your deity, but again, most religions also have some historical accounts. Some might be more thorough and detailed than others, but that's not an indication of the accuracy of the account, instead the effort put into into it.

You are speaking from the outer layer of the onion. This is the 4 year old asked to choose between the dime and nickle. He chooses the nickle because its bigger. Grow some in life and you will eventually choose the dime because it's worth more.

No religion boasts a book like the Bible. It stands alone. No god other than God refuses to be represented by anything in the material world. Nearly all other religions worship something material. All other religions are based on works. The Bible is based on faith and love only. You may try and somehow suggest that the OT is an evil god and the NT is the nice one. Again, this is ignorance looking at the onion from the surface. The Bible is literal to anyone who lacks a moral intelligence. After the moral life is mastered, the Bible is then a book opening the door to a spiritual life and understanding. This is where the true meaning comes out. It is hidden to those who cling to the material world as their god. This is true for all religious writing. Once a person masters morality, all religions have value to add to that spiritual walk. Judgment of error is seen clearly and all mirrors can reflect the true person you become.

If the world is not mastered, it masters us. The Bible will only be a book to you in this case and the nickle is selected over the dime. Still, the value of the dime will eventually be seen. All of life is a mirror we see ourselves by. What we see depends on what we look like in the reflection. You can only see yourself in the end.

edit on 26-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
WOW! Thank you for settling it once and for all!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to [url= by facelift[/url]

Do you know what the penalty of apostasy is in the islamic belief system?
If you don't look it up.

Why in the state of Utah are there more thoughts of suicides by teenagers then in almost every other state? Because if a teenager chooses to "Come out" and he or she is from a Mormon family he or she is disowned for being a homosexual. Or they never come out and then just kill themselves. Why do Christians bomb abortion clinics? (Do you really want me to explain the logic behind that one?) Or should I leave it to your "Imagination"

"The best way to control people is to give them a false sense of freedom" - some famous guy.

OT: I'm glad you brought this up OP, It is rather fascinating how out of the 50-60 thousands of religions out there. Each once seems to think their way or teaching is the correct one. That is so arrogant and stuck up... I have no words to describe it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You are speaking from the outer layer of the onion. This is the 4 year old asked to choose between the dime and nickle. He chooses the nickle because its bigger. Grow some in life and you will eventually choose the dime because it's worth more.
That may sound good at your Sunday service, but my argument remains standing.

No religion boasts a book like the Bible.
That doesn't make it the right book.

It stands alone.
As do the many other religious texts which are the sole inspiration behind the belief system for that one religion.

No god other than God refuses to be represented by anything in the material world. Nearly all other religions worship something material.
Source?

All other religions are based on works. The Bible is based on faith and love only.
Mostly faith, like the thousands of other religions which you see as inferior to yours.

You may try and somehow suggest that the OT is an evil god and the NT is the nice one. Again, this is ignorance looking at the onion from the surface.
I'm not getting into the whole "God is evil/good" debate, the OP doesn't get into that department.

The Bible is literal to anyone who lacks a moral intelligence. After the moral life is mastered, the Bible is then a book opening the door to a spiritual life and understanding. This is where the true meaning comes out. It is hidden to those who cling to the material world as their god. This is true for all religious writing. Once a person masters morality, all religions have value to add to that spiritual walk. Judgment of error is seen clearly and all mirrors can reflect the true person you become.

If the world is not mastered, it masters us. The Bible will only be a book to you in this case and the nickle is selected over the dime. Still, the value of the dime will eventually be seen. All of life is a mirror we see ourselves by. What we see depends on what we look like.
This entire chunk has done absolutely nothing to even make me reconsider a single sentence within the OP. It just reads as a bunch of religious cheerleading to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

-------No god other than God refuses to be represented by anything in the material world. Nearly all other religions worship something material.

Source?

------All other religions are based on works. The Bible is based on faith and love only.

Mostly faith, like the thousands of other religions which you see as inferior to yours.

The source is the Bible. God is opposed to idol worship. This is worship of a material object as God. This was (still is, even in Roman Catholic faith) a practice of pagan religion. God cannot be represented in worship by a material object. This is a basic understanding from the Bible.

I do not see any religion as inferior. I see belief in God as inferior apart form faith. All religion has faith in a greater power. This is a good starting point to eventually come to the truth of the matter. There are three basic points to all religion. There is a path (The way). There is a truth (philosophy). And there is some type of life that improves or extends beyond what is left behind.

Eastern religion has the way. This is a philosophy based on virtue. Philosophy in general relates truth to virtue. Again, we see virtue as the motivation for improving life. Morality is always the bridge between the literal aspect of belief and the spiritual aspect of faith.

In the end, the final word of religion is found in the words of Jesus.

John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

In saying this, he clearly defined the fact that loving God and loving others is the truth, the way and the life that follows. Pure religion is merely assisting others in loving-kindness to God. Why?

If we love ourselves, we will simply seek reward. Seeking reward as the point ends in suffering. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is reward leading to the debt caused by what we took. Taking is the key here. Pride is placing ourselves above others. God is one of the others. Now look at it the correct way.

When we willingly suffer for the reward, we gain true reward. If we work for a college education, a job follows. We receive the reward and so does our family. This is suffering first, followed by reward. This is loving others first and giving rather than taking. When pride is eliminated, humility follows. Again, another basic part of religion. We must know ourselves first, then the spirit comes to us to build our faith.

Faith is not something you work on. God works on your faith. It is His work in us. You can either embrace this and allow Him to lead, or you lead yourself. In the end, there is no way or truth higher than what Jesus came to reveal. But why?

Your debt to sin is a negative. You cannot cancel sin on your own. Works are not enough to add enough positive to the negative you leave in the wake of your actions. This is where multiplication comes into play. When two negatives are multiplied, a positive is created. Christ died on a cross to pay your sin debt. This is a negative large enough to free the world. Multiply your negative and his negative and you get positive. You are free. He suffered for your reward.

The Mathematics of Forgiveness

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Christ died on a cross to pay your sin debt.

He died to pay off the "Sin Debt" His father created in the first place, gotta love the logic on that one.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Faith is not something you work on. God works on your faith. It is His work in us. You can either embrace this and allow Him to lead, or you lead yourself. In the end, there is no way or truth higher than what Jesus came to reveal. But why?

My best friends "Version of God" Lead him to own a mediocre business for 26 years, in that time he got a Masters in business, traveled many places and got to see many awesome things, but 3 years after he sold his business and got a good job working for a retirement home, he ended up getting laid off and told he had terminal cancer on the same day. He put in his work and paid his dues and got jack **** in the end. What and awesome guy this "God" is.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
And that is why they are all wrong!!!!

Many religions = many possible truths = Impossible.

Which means none can be true or are true!!

They are all a load of horse sh.t that only help to shackle and cloud man's reality!!!!

Free oneself from religion and experience true peace and freedom!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Coming from a Catholic who became atheist who became Christian, I sort of just disagree. Dawkins speaks of memes, and memes compete for brains to dwell in and replicate. By this view, some religions must be inherently more correct than others, otherwise it would have been a failed meme. The act of living with it for so long is not an indication that it is conditioned or accepted. All it is is evidence to being put up with and bearable. For example, I am prone to listen to Muslims. and their religious views of things more so than any other faith versus my own Christian beliefs. All logic dictates I should hate it and think it's all wrong and that I should not like it because I am not conditioned to. Yet I find it beautiful and interesting. Wrong, yes. But not the same way I view, say, Scientology, or some parts of Catholicism, or pagan religions.

This is because of memes. Certain memes are better at transmitting than others. Through natural selection, accelerated by an age of semi-acceptance and tolerance, those memes have been allowed to replicate uncontrollably.

Towards these ends, some religions are, in fact, better and "more right" than others. And looking through some history, I have a strong suspicion that abrahamic ones are closer to this. You also can't really use Buddhism considering its far more a life style choice than a religion. Indeed, other than Hinduism and animalism derivatives most eastern religions are.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
All religons are one and interdependant,they always have been and always will be,spiritualism is an emotional expression.

You need the ability to see the inter-connectedness first,then you need to care,then you need lots of seed money,then you need to commit your life to the cause,but bringing major religons together would obviously get you killed,founding an avenue through which a conduit to all religons would form would also get you killed,this is the nature of religon,you need huge money and backing to even think about it,major money and backing,if a major religon actually believed you could do the job they might back you,but as I said,your life would be at risk,obviously all religons fit together naturally,and obvously because most of us see this there are evil forces that conspire from within these religons to continue to propogate dissenscion and seperatism amongst doctrines.

There is only one way and that is through a system of global RELIANCE,a combonation of religon and science that once accepted and spread will naturally lead people to that conduit that will bring them all together by proxy.

There has to be a humanitarian concern that prohibits the fostering of religous beliefs that consider and include or in any way forgive killing another hman being,all religons are acceptable on a humanitarian level until they in any way impede humanitys well being and future.

It is the killing that must be outlawed and until religons agree to globally outlaw murder and the idealism of forgiveness for murder in the name of humanity,they cannot be allowed to continue to foster their beliefs and idealisms.

So you see,it can never happen unless a major religon decides to support the idea and there also must be the exact right person to enact an avenue of this magnitude.

Something must be "new" to make this happen.

A new,beginning,a new,start,a new perspective,a new future.

A new willingness to understand our personal conception and interpretation of god and spiritualism,an understanding that all religons must first give over to the protection and advocacy of HUMANITY as their guiding principal,they MUST consider humanity first because we all MUST do this to survive together on this planet.

In case no one is paying attention,the internet is the new pulpit and church,and meeting place of the people,the internet will soon rival religon in its power,the battle is already won if religons dont willingly embrace a mutual path to survival and the continued ability to remain self-propogating without ADVERSLY AFFECTING HUMANITYS WELL BEING CONCERNING MURDER AND KILLING OF HUMANS.

There can be no other way,a global sermon of forgiveness bigger than any rock concert humanity could ever put on,a one time Global worldwide moment of joining in a greater humanitarian future with a guarantee of religous continuation as the people see fit.

A global outlawing of forgiveness for taking anothers life under any circumstances,a willing creation of the single biggest truest religon ever known,supported by all of humanity,unbreakable,immovable,and humanitarian in focus.

We really cant lose religons,but we really cant let them kill us all either.This moment has always been coming and we all already know it,it is time for the answering,the ANSWERING TO EACH OTHER AND TO OURSELVES.

GOD can never be realised as a reality until all of humanity has free will to join together and make the idealism real or to AGREE it is real,and we cannot do this if we in any way accept killing,killers must be cast out forever,this is the founding measure needed to bgin structuring a new holistic future for humanity.

And a safe haven for mankinds religous expression,one that seems to be truly neded in this time of spiritual drought.
edit on 26-11-2011 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I realized this same fact a while ago. It truly is absurd the idea of there being one true religion and the fact that there are so many different religions. Even within a religion there can be different denominations and sects and within those sects each individual person may have varying beliefs about details within their doctrine. It truly amazes me that anyone can still cling to an established or organized religion.

Thankfully many believers have begun abandoning the organized side to their beliefs. Atheists and non-religious theists are growing in number. Star and Flag

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

Christ died on a cross to pay your sin debt.

He died to pay off the "Sin Debt" His father created in the first place, gotta love the logic on that one.

Wrong again. You are speaking from ignorance. To speak of these things well, you must read the Bible and know what it says. God cannot be anything apart from the infinity that He is. Creation is the separation of light for darkness. In other words, material creation is the place we start life to learn to separate light from darkness. We are here to be prepared by the consuming fire of God, acceptable unto good works in the kingdom of God. For love to survive the trials, it must be true. No union anywhere in life happens apart form love if it is to last and be seen as worthy of truth.

We are children of God. As such, we are as children, learning from the Father. By denying you have a father, you are disallowing this work to take place and simply revealing a childish nature. Ignorance can only deny the purpose in what is not understood. Refuse to be ignorant and discover the world around you. The Bible charges us with testing all things and clinging to what is good. In the end, you will discover that loving others is the point of life. God is one of the others to be loved. He is the main one to be loved. Becoming a man require putting away childish things. It requires suffering for others and denying self. Raising kids requires this sacrifice. God is our example, not a thing to be trampled in pride and ignorance.

In life, we either light the fire we burn by, or we are the light on the path to others. It's a choice.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Got to love the wisdom of ats. The poster rails against religions that believe they are right, while at the same time acting as if he is right. Unfortunately post modernism can't escape the fact that we live in an either or, not both and, reality. In any dispute one person or the other is right, or they are both wrong. Both can't be right if they contradict each other. Your job is to determine which is true, btw opinion has nothing to do with truth. (I feel silly explaining these elementary concepts, but welcome to the post modern age, where foundational axioms like these are completely foreign)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I applaud your post, TupacShakur, well said, the truth of the matter though is it is time for the people of Earth to lay aside their religion and embrace Love for everyone, and everything. Religious differences breed hate and distrust, and are for control of people, and it is time to shake off all control factors. Human Beings are not slaves, we (Humanity) do not have a Lord, or a Master, unless we choose to have one. Wars have been fought over slavery, it pains me to see people willingly become slaves to a system they do not understand, or know anything about.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

My best friends "Version of God" Lead him to own a mediocre business for 26 years, in that time he got a Masters in business, traveled many places and got to see many awesome things, but 3 years after he sold his business and got a good job working for a retirement home, he ended up getting laid off and told he had terminal cancer on the same day. He put in his work and paid his dues and got jack **** in the end. What and awesome guy this "God" is.

Can an emerald have value if it can be picked up off the ground anywhere you walk? The Egyptian Visier PtahHotep said this:

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite."

Good words and the elimination of ignorance is the point of working in the wilderness of life. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." This is a life that only begins. In never ends. We are only passing through to 'do' as Confucius says.

The emerald is found in the depths of the dirty mine among the worthless rocks by the slave. The emerald is given to the King who cannot possibly need the emerald. The point of the value of the thing found is the journey to find it. Who received the value of the emerald? In our case in this life, the King gives us back what we find. We get the value of finding it and the life to enjoy it. This life is fleeting. You will decay and die, as we all will. You cannot be reborn unless you die first. This is the a basic understanding from Alchemy.

Read my post on this below. It will allow you to see the process form a scientific point of view. All things in nature are transmuted by a process called Alchemy. Death is necessary as part of the process and each individual will experience what benefits them most. The only one that can stand in the way of the process is the person fighting God.

LINK

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"When talking with people who are religious, I notice that many of them seem absolutely sure that it is correct. With the most commonly encountered one Christianity, the Bible is always seen as a historical record of these events, making them factual. However this falls apart when met with a simple fact: There have been thousands of religions throughout the history of man."

- How exactly does the existence of other religions destroy the Truth of the Bible? God's Word makes it quite clear that not all are His children. 

" But then it's an issue of "faith", and "knowing" that yours is the correct one. However covincing this may sound to the one who believes that, it's simply not true."
"No matter how strong you believe it's true, or whether you "feel" God and "speak" to him, that's simply the effect of believing in it for so long."

- Who says? You? You do realise that that your opinion is based on a belief that God does NOT exist. So because you believe THAT, you therefore feel that OTHER people are simply believing in a lie.

"The fully objective and non-biased scientific method, which is currently the most effective method of establishing what is factual and what is false, has produced theories backed by mountains of evidence that fly in the face of a religious teaching which is a contradiction of thousands of others. So the whole evolution vs. creationism, deity vs. natural explanation debate boils down to the blind faith in the teachings of one of thousands of religions which have next to no evidence other than a story backing them, versus the most widely accepted scientific theory."

- theories are just that - theories. On evolution, you do realise that no missing link has ever been found, right? Every decade we've been given one, and later that same decade it's ruled out. Yet people still maintain that the vast complexity of life just happened by chance. You'd rather believe that you were descended from an ape, I know otherwise.

".... but religion tends to divide us and hold back civilizations overall intelligence level by copping out for the necessity to actually learn things by replacing that with some silly fairy tale."

- How on Earth do you connect a level of intelligence with a religious belief? This is really just a rant of yours, calling religions "silly fairy tales". How does obeying the 10 commandments or other moral laws hold back civilisations? Do you even recognise that our society is failing right now? Millions upon millions in prison, houses burgled, rapes, child molestations, drugs, sexual diseases, teenagers thinking nothing of having babies, millions of babies aborted each year, greed and materialism promoted everywhere etc? Do you realise that these have all risen as society's belief in God has been destroyed? You know, i have a Book that was written 2,000 - 3500 years ago that describes society, at the end, to be just like the one that is here now - 
But according to your view, we're now MORE intelligent.....I'd rather argue that God knows exactly what happens when He's removed. In fact, it's all written down for me to know.

"Not only does it do that, but in the past, religion has blocked/suppressed certain scientific discoveries. Looked at from this perspective, it's actually detrimental to the human species. Luckily things like that don't happen any more, but the past can't be erased, and those people who engaged in such a stupid campaign believed in the same religion as many of you still do."

- Rant again. You do have real hatred of anyone that still believes in God. Religion didn't block it, powerful men did. Why? Control. Science has yet to destroy Faith. If anything, the theories keep getting closer to the reality that the life and universe show intelligent design.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
"When talking with people who are religious, I notice that many of them seem absolutely sure that it is correct. With the most commonly encountered one Christianity, the Bible is always seen as a historical record of these events, making them factual. However this falls apart when met with a simple fact: There have been thousands of religions throughout the history of man."

- How exactly does the existence of other religions destroy the Truth of the Bible? God's Word makes it quite clear that not all are His children. 

" But then it's an issue of "faith", and "knowing" that yours is the correct one. However covincing this may sound to the one who believes that, it's simply not true."
"No matter how strong you believe it's true, or whether you "feel" God and "speak" to him, that's simply the effect of believing in it for so long."

- Who says? You? You do realise that that your opinion is based on a belief that God does NOT exist. So because you believe THAT, you therefore feel that OTHER people are simply believing in a lie.

"The fully objective and non-biased scientific method, which is currently the most effective method of establishing what is factual and what is false, has produced theories backed by mountains of evidence that fly in the face of a religious teaching which is a contradiction of thousands of others. So the whole evolution vs. creationism, deity vs. natural explanation debate boils down to the blind faith in the teachings of one of thousands of religions which have next to no evidence other than a story backing them, versus the most widely accepted scientific theory."

- theories are just that - theories. On evolution, you do realise that no missing link has ever been found, right? Every decade we've been given one, and later that same decade it's ruled out. Yet people still maintain that the vast complexity of life just happened by chance. You'd rather believe that you were descended from an ape, I know otherwise.

".... but religion tends to divide us and hold back civilizations overall intelligence level by copping out for the necessity to actually learn things by replacing that with some silly fairy tale."

- How on Earth do you connect a level of intelligence with a religious belief? This is really just a rant of yours, calling religions "silly fairy tales". How does obeying the 10 commandments or other moral laws hold back civilisations? Do you even recognise that our society is failing right now? Millions upon millions in prison, houses burgled, rapes, child molestations, drugs, sexual diseases, teenagers thinking nothing of having babies, millions of babies aborted each year, greed and materialism promoted everywhere etc? Do you realise that these have all risen as society's belief in God has been destroyed? You know, i have a Book that was written 2,000 - 3500 years ago that describes society, at the end, to be just like the one that is here now - 
But according to your view, we're now MORE intelligent.....I'd rather argue that God knows exactly what happens when He's removed. In fact, it's all written down for me to know.

"Not only does it do that, but in the past, religion has blocked/suppressed certain scientific discoveries. Looked at from this perspective, it's actually detrimental to the human species. Luckily things like that don't happen any more, but the past can't be erased, and those people who engaged in such a stupid campaign believed in the same religion as many of you still do."

- Rant again. You do have real hatred of anyone that still believes in God. Religion didn't block it, powerful men did. Why? Control. Science has yet to destroy Faith. If anything, the theories keep getting closer to the reality that the life and universe show intelligent design.

I do not concur with what you state!! You appear to be a blind faithful soul who is desperate for your perceptions and reality to be true. But you are deluded to image as you do!! I dont wish to be in anyway offensive but you and your fellow god mob are not too tightly rapped!!!!

As an example: What happened to Galelao is extremely demonstrative in terms of what is the true reality!!!!

No God!!!! In the beginning there was no time so if no time then no creation possible! Time on came into existence when the universe was first formed (Steven Hawkins - what a brilliant unfortunate fellow!!).

Free yourself of the crippling crutch dependant shackles of religion!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Religion is a bad book review that talks about the unimaginable.

There are numerous publishers.

There are many book clubs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join