It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone worried about OWS "riots"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's the latest roundup of news about Black Friday. These are just a few select articles, and they only discuss riots, brawls, attacks, robberies, assaults, and chemical warfare at Wal Marts.

Police body-slam grandpa at Wal-Mart

Witnesses say police officers tackled a grandfather at an Arizona Wal-Mart Friday, leaving him bloody and unconscious.

The video game section of the Buckeye store got a little rowdy when people started trying to tear open boxes of games, and one woman got punched.

After one man’s grandson got trampled, he put the video game he was holding in his waistband in order to free up his hands and lift the boy out of the crowd, according to KSAZ.

That’s when cops moved in, slamming the grandfather’s head on the hard Wal-Mart floor. The aftermath was caught on cell phone video.

Bla ck Friday shopper shot in robbery outside East bay Wal-mart

SAN LEANDRO — A Black Friday shopper was hospitalized in critical but stable condition after he was shot by an armed robber in a crowded parking lot outside a Walmart store in Northern California, police said.

The victim and his family were walking to their car around 1:45 a.m. when they were confronted by a group of men who demanded their purchases.

When the family refused, a fight broke out, and one of the robbers pulled a gun and shot the man, San Leandro police Sgt. Mike Sobek said. The victim's name was not released.

Off-Duty Police pepper-spray North Carolina Shoppers

Kinston police are disputing accounts of the incident, telling NBC News that they fired a single "puff" of pepper spray when a large group of people tried to grab products before Walmart employees were finished putting the items on display.

An officer sprayed "a puff" of pepper spray in the air to have the crowd "regain composure," police said. They told NBC News that none of the substance was sprayed into anyone's eyes or face and that no one requested medical attention.

Another Wal-Mart, epper spray, shootings, oh boy!

As shoppers converged on retailers around the country looking for Black Friday deals, authorities reported scattered problems.

In Porter Ranch, a woman pepper sprayed customers at a Wal-Mart in what authorities say was a deliberate attempt to get more "door buster" merchandise. In San Leandro, a Wal-Mart shopper walking to his car was shot and wounded in a suspected robbery early Friday.

Another shooting was reported at a parking lot next to a Wal-Mart in South Carolina, also a suspected robbery attempt. Officials told WMBF-TV they believe the robbery was tied to Black Friday.

Black (eye) Friday at New York Wal mart

(WSYR-TV) – Just after midnight on Black Friday, a fight broke out at the Walmart in Rome, according to the Oneida County Sheriff's Office.

At 12:01 a.m., just as shoppers were allowed to enter the electronics department, the sheriff's office says a few shoppers were pushed to the ground and several fights broke out.

The sheriff's office says two people were transported to Rome Memorial Hospital.

Mass brawl at Wal-mart nail Salon

Snellville, GA - It all happened at the the Regal Nails Salon located in the Centerville Highway Walmart. When this out of control brawl started, a nail salon customer grabbed her cellphone and started shooting video.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"And from there it was off the chain. Bowls was flying. Glass was flying. Hair was flying. "

Four people, possibly mothers and daughters, tussled together on the floor ripping out each others' hair.

In fifteen hours, people charging through Wal-Marts (to say nothing of targét, Sam's club, K-Mart, and all sorts of other places) in search of bargain prices on crap they will throw away in eight months, have resulted in numerous injuries, a lot of property damage, hospitalizations, god knows what. But it's the people protesting peacefully who are met with armed, militarized mass assaults from police. The message is pretty clear - cause all the mayhem you want, so long as you are consuming like a bulemic pig, but turn away from the altar of mammon, and you'll get a gas canister fired into your skull.

ATS haters and fearmongers, look at these stories. Look at the attendant videos. Remember them next time you cheer for a cop hosing people with pure capsicum for sitting down. Remember those four women ripping at each other over sale prices for press-on nails, next time you claim that we're the ones rioting and causing carnage.

Also remember that this is the culture you are endorsing - a savage, consumerist feeding frenzy, where the only humanity left in your model Homo economicus is having opposable thumbs to grab stuff with. Where the lives and well-being of the people around you do not matter, if they are in the way of you saving fifty cents on taco shells.

Enjoy your Shopping Day Riots, folks.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have read this sentence enough times in its various forms that a little cut and paste and I think I can handle this now. Remove OWS, insert shopper.

Obviously SHOPPERS are nothing but a bunch of dirty hippies that hate other Americans.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well done. Star and flag well earned.

This was probably allowed to try to start a shopping frenzy to kick start Xmas sales. This year should be the year that we buy nothing for Xmas by choice as very soon it will be imposed.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is all clearly a communist fascist conspiracy to get everyone hating capitalists because they like to buy things.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Some things bother me and nobody seems to see it, other things bother others and I giggle.
This is one of those things I will sit and giggle about.
These folks are out to get xmas gifts for their loved ones and have totally forgotten about what the christians would call the "true meanung of christmas".
Yet, my wife wonders why I wanna move out into the ozarks!!
I'm much more afraid of the 2 legged animals than the 4 leggers will ever make me.

The 4 legged ones can be reasoned with sometimes.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
what a sad picture of the average American.. can you imagine what the world thinks of us...

we are too scared to stand up for unarmed citizens in the streets, protesting for our rights and economic freedom..
so sidetracked with our little gadgets and one upping our neighbor, we are failing to see the tragic Irony fed to us on a daily basis through television and mainstream media.

sad times indeed when we complain about a crowd of protestors, but the same disruptive crowds are a welcome sight and even manufactured by big business, with no though to the safety of the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
TheWalkingFox, I do sort of like your avatar there... Very true, though an ol internet meme it might be

Black Friday represents what is wrong with the greed contained in our country. Today I am happy to announce I did not make a single purchase, and will support Small Business Saturday tomorrow at some point.

When I see what this does to people, what they become I wish I could say I giggle at it but it's now officially my least-proud-of day in America.

Now I know where the term Sheeple really comes from. Eesh! More like Cattle in some of these situations. Thankfully for those of us who aren't willing to partake in such literal meleefests over cheap Chinese made products we don't really need, there are some great deals found on the internet - Where one can carefully and wisely shop in peace, and just maybe, make a wise purchase.

And about OWS protesters, and people worrying about OWS, well like you say... haters are gonna hate, while occupiers are going to occupy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
and just think .....

many of these same people will be voting in next year's elections

next year's black friday will have people even madder than this year ....

the ones who voted for the losers will really be jump'n for bargains !

The future of the country is in their hands

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Consumers Unite under the banner of low price.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

oh boi - we are doomed...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Take a good look at the shoppers. The world had rallied and condemn those shoppers with their atittitude. Others laughed at them.

I only weep for them. I have no fear for being associated with them. They are US. They are the 99%. SEE what the 1% had done to our fellow humans, driving them back into the jungles with such behaviour.

We were once civilised humans, with jobs and a future to look forward to. We enjoy the holidays and time for families. We love Christmas as adults and kids, a time of giving and receiving, rekindling the bonds of families and relationships with reunions by those whom went to far flung regions to work and prosper.

How times had changed! Today, we have no jobs, or jobs that hardly pays enough, and working worse than slaves while the rich grows obscenely rich, to the point that we, the People, poor as we are, have to bail them out for the mistakes they make, and yet they have no remorse or conscience, but to enrich themselves further.

Yet, many of us had still not given up hope, nor the traditions of thanksgiving and the spirit of Christmas.

Poor as we are, we just hope and pray for that one day when the corporations would lower their prices, so that we can afford to buy, with the meagre that we saved so sacrificially, to give something better to our loved ones for Christmas, not even for ourselves, and driven to the point whereby we forgotten that the spirit of Christmas is love and giving for all, by forcing our desperate needs upon others unrelated to us.....

Go ahead and laugh, I say to the 1%. This is your handiwork. Very soon, even that little spark of civilised humanity will be gone as we regress further back to the jungles. What that happens, peaceful means will come to an end. Guillotines will be rolled out into city squares, pitchfork and knives sharpened, ....then let's see who will be laughing.

May it not be too late for change......

top topics

join