It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and Icke, why now, all of a sudden.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i was judging how well he's done by the increases in his audiences
really....since the 80's when he was a laughing stock and did talks to
a couple of people.

I'm also guessing he's done ok financially although some people automatically
associate financial success with corruptness etc.

I agree with you in that respect, his audience has substantially grown.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
[Maybe it is sour grapes, but he hasnt done that well, not really, 99.9% percent of people still think hes a nutter, heck even us conspiracy theorists are sitting on the fence .

Look at the comments section, about half of the comments are positive, they don't believe in it all, especially the reptilian thing, I don't either, but still.
Of course that may be due to conspiracy sites circulating this info, but you have to sign up to comment and I don't think having a membership on that particular newspaper is all that common, signing up purely to comment that article is far too tedious for most people.

Fair point. But i think there might still be something underhand going on here. Now im going to look for my tinfoil hat.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Firstly, shame on you for reading a tabloid such as The Sun......(J/k, I usually go through it myself to keep up to date with MSM..& when I want a good laugh).

In fact, I'm sure I scanned through The Sun earlier today & did not notice any articles related to David Icke..

I think because of the rise in level of interest with conspiracy theorists & theories has become so popular within MSM, here is a possible agenda that's been set to discredit people who have strayed away from the propaganda BS that we're force-fed on a daily basis..Just my 2 pence on that though.

S&F for bringing the article to light, sharing it with us & having a keener eye than me.

Yeah it took up two full pages in the middle of the paper, they rarely do stuff like that, maybe you didnt see it, cos it didnt register because you didnt expect to see a big article on Icke.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

(i think youve read me wrong, i like Icke, ive have most of his books, reading them was sometimes very hard going, im cynical about certain things he says though. But, as you said, i am willing to objectively give anything he says a chance, however ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Aha
Well thanks anyway for bringing it up!

When did David Icke suddenly become relevant to MSM? (or has he really ever been relevant in that respect)

His 'Son of God' quote pretty much threw away any credibility he had in the public's eyes.

That's not to say I disagree with everything to do with David Icke. In fact, he does make a lot of sense when he talks about the financial system & global structure..

..It's only when he begins discussing the reptilian theory, that I start to cringe..What's worse is, I'm not sure whether he genuinely believes in it himself.

Either way, my opinion of David Icke greatly declined when he began preaching the reptilian stuff..Not so much because he's making £££'s off it, but the fact it is disinfo & false statements that are leading his audience & followers astray..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Aha
Well thanks anyway for bringing it up!

When did David Icke suddenly become relevant to MSM? (or has he really ever been relevant in that respect)

His 'Son of God' quote pretty much threw away any credibility he had in the public's eyes.

That's not to say I disagree with everything to do with David Icke. In fact, he does make a lot of sense when he talks about the financial system & global structure..

..It's only when he begins discussing the reptilian theory, that I start to cringe..What's worse is, I'm not sure whether he genuinely believes in it himself.

Either way, my opinion of David Icke greatly declined when he began preaching the reptilian stuff..Not so much
because he's making £££'s off it, but the fact it is disinfo & false statements that are leading his audience & followers astray..

Ok, what youve just said is classic, i would "sort of" describe myself as an Icke follower, i like him, he researches well and what he says makes a lot of sense, HOWEVER, its always the same achilles heel with most people. The Reptilian thing, in fact, i think more people would believe in the hollow moon theory over the reptilian thing, The big question is, he knows a lot about what is going on in the world today, and the history that backs it up, why would he make up the reptilian thing? it completely discredits everything else he has to say. Unless, he is completely insane, nuts and bonkers. But, to me, he doesnt seem it.
Is he ecentric? insane? or telling the truth?.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

could it be simply a case of sour grapes? After all the tabloids tried
to destroy and deride him many years ago and now they see that he's doing
well both financially and the growing number of people that listen to him.

of course this thread will descend into 'icke is a nutter who said he was jesus'
territory
but that's my simple analysis before that happens

edit on 25-11-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

How very astute of you,
however we aint got to Jesus yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think he genuinely believes his own hype..So I'd have to say a he's a little of everything!

However, judging from his sell-out tours & numerous books, I'd say he isn't wholly in it to expose the corrupt system & share the underground secrets with the world..

Eccentric, self-righteous & outspoken are the personality traits I've gathered from him over the years.

I gots to admit though, his books are a good read & definitely worth sitting down with a cuppa & glancing over.

My honest thoughts? There's a massive disinfo agenda high on the list of "TPTB" to discredit any plausible theories out there..By throwing in a pinch of truth, & a truckload of BS..

It's common knowledge of paid government shills to flood sites such as ATS & troll away..

More recently, I read on ATS about an organization that's pretty big in China, who supplies employees to companies, that uses these "employees" to target rival competition, & various other trolling activities.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I think he genuinely believes his own hype..So I'd have to say a he's a little of everything!

However, judging from his sell-out tours & numerous books, I'd say he isn't wholly in it to expose the corrupt system & share the underground secrets with the world..

Eccentric, self-righteous & outspoken are the personality traits I've gathered from him over the years.

I gots to admit though, his books are a good read & definitely worth sitting down with a cuppa & glancing over.

My honest thoughts? There's a massive disinfo agenda high on the list of "TPTB" to discredit any plausible theories out there..By throwing in a pinch of truth, & a truckload of BS..

It's common knowledge of paid government shills to flood sites such as ATS & troll away..

More recently, I read on ATS about an organization that's pretty big in China, who supplies employees to companies, that uses these "employees" to target rival competition, & various other trolling activities.

Sad times we live in.

My goodness, what a dark dark world we live in.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

That is because the general public is, for the most part, ignorant about spiritual things. Icke is most likely of the House of Sons. You will know them by their fruits. And so what if he is "making money". He has lost a lot of money from his books in the past because of crooked accountants, et al. His money enables him to travel and to have some help with his writing. His hands are very arthritic, you know.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

That is because the general public is, for the most part, ignorant about spiritual things. Icke is most likely of the House of Sons. You will know them by their fruits. And so what if he is "making money". He has lost a lot of money from his books in the past because of crooked accountants, et al. His money enables him to travel and to have some help with his writing. His hands are very arthritic, you know.

Im always very annoyed by that "son of god" quote, its gonna be the thing that follows David forever. I can actually remember watching the tv interview, i was in my teens at the time, and i was so embaressed for the guy and felt so sorry for him, it was awful the way that Terry Wogan ridiculed him and the audience laughed. But the truth of what it was all about will never be known by Joe Public unless they try and find out. Before he made the wogan interview, David, over a period of time experienced a very powerful spiritual experience (it does happen, example, Buddha, various people in the bible etc), and it affected him greatly, and what he was saying with the son of God thing, is what has been misinterpreted endlessly and will follow him forever, is that he is the son of God, IN THE SENSE that we are ALL the sons and daughters of God, we are all part of him. This statement he made has been cruelly used against by those without the compassion to look further, and who enjoy the humiliation of people who are different and dont comply to the norm.
Thedoctorswife does not normally make such bold statements as that, but on this matter i feel very strongly. I will never forget the turquose shell suit incident, (if Ickeys reading, that in my mind was your biggest mistake:lol

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
He proclaims himself to be the Son of God. Matthew 24:5. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

The most important part there is, "And deceive many."

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is the same trash newspaper that a couple pages on from icke. they talk about how scientist found a earth like planet that could have alien life on it, Gliese 581g

The Such Unbelievable Nonsense. Toilet Paper.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
What brilliant publicity for the Icke! Maybe he paid his own publicist to slip a little article to the Sun. No such thing as bad publicity for THAT man. I wish my bank balance was £1 behind his. Judging by the gut on him in those pics, he's doing very nicely thank you very much.
Whether he is a con artist, whether any of it is true, whether it's rubbish and he is delusional - he's got some front to be standing up and saying what he does.
We don't have to listen to him and he is less damaging than all those politicians/ex politicians on the gravy train, pseudo health experts peddling their manufactured vitamins, etc etc. Fair play to him.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
What brilliant publicity for the Icke! Maybe he paid his own publicist to slip a little article to the Sun. No such thing as bad publicity for THAT man. I wish my bank balance was £1 behind his. Judging by the gut on him in those pics, he's doing very nicely thank you very much.
Whether he is a con artist, whether any of it is true, whether it's rubbish and he is delusional - he's got some front to be standing up and saying what he does.
We don't have to listen to him and he is less damaging than all those politicians/ex politicians on the gravy train, pseudo health experts peddling their manufactured vitamins, etc etc. Fair play to him.

Classic promotion strategy (although I dont dislike Icke)! Hit the masses, who if they read the sun will believe anything!!!

As far as the Sun is concerned, its got more in common with a daily Pun and its content in general is more akin to what comes out of the Bum. And it aint Sun....shine!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm not sure about the Sun being the most read paper - here in the northwest a lot of people wouldn't use it as toilet roll after their Hillsborough comments many years ago.

Although yes, it's strange that Mr Icke is appearing in that particular paper.

Right on geeza.
I havent bought that sorry excuse of a news paper since the sickening lies they printed about the terrible events of that day.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
About Icke I have one question that bothers me...

If his accusations towards the world leaders were unfounded, wouldn't they sue his arse off? I mean, isn't there something like defamation going on here?

(n.) Act of injuring another's reputation by any slanderous communication, written or oral; the wrong of maliciously injuring the good name of another; slander; detraction; calumny; aspersion.

Surely saying the Queen is from a space-faring reptilian race, eating children to sustain herself while selling drugs worldwide and having innocents killed around the world for its own agenda is defamation? I heard you can't say God shaves the Queen... What about the above?

I've seen politicians sue people for telling publicly they were liars, and no one moves on this?

So this kind of article would be an ideal tool to try to put a shadow on his claims while not "being involved personally". After all, the leaders have ways of manipulating the MSM...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
About Icke I have one question that bothers me...

If his accusations towards the world leaders were unfounded, wouldn't they sue his arse off? I mean, isn't there something like defamation going on here?

(n.) Act of injuring another's reputation by any slanderous communication, written or oral; the wrong of maliciously injuring the good name of another; slander; detraction; calumny; aspersion.

Surely saying the Queen is from a space-faring reptilian race, eating children to sustain herself while selling drugs worldwide and having innocents killed around the world for its own agenda is defamation? I heard you can't say God shaves the Queen... What about the above?

I've seen politicians sue people for telling publicly they were liars, and no one moves on this?

So this kind of article would be an ideal tool to try to put a shadow on his claims while not "being involved personally". After all, the leaders have ways of manipulating the MSM...

That last paragraph was exactly the reason i started the thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
This is the same trash newspaper that a couple pages on from icke. they talk about how scientist found a earth like planet that could have alien life on it, Gliese 581g

The Such Unbelievable Nonsense. Toilet Paper.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

Either you didnt read the article or you are using similar tactics to the sun and distorting the truth..

n the paper, published in the journal Astrobiology, the international research team assigned scores to each of the galaxy's moons and planets. The Planetary Habitability Index (PHI) indicates how likely they are to support alien life, and the Earth Similarity Index (ESI) measures likeness to our own planet.

The researchers also found a planet called Gliese 581g, part of the Libra constellation, is the most similar to Earth — despite being 123BILLION miles away.

It could support humans if mankind moves into outer space, as British genius Stephen Hawking has suggested

www.thesun.co.uk... ns-may-live-in-our-solar-system.html

It talks about a new rating system scientists have developed to work out which planets could harbour life (through various factors)
And this story is actually correct..

Not that im defending the sun.. it is a trashy load of old crap, but im just highlighting what you did here is no different to what they do..

you obviously had a copy to know the layout of a specific edition and what doesnt make sense, if you hate it so much.. why did you have a copy? and why even read it?

if i thought something was complete nonsense, i wouldnt support it in anyway at all.. and i certainly wouldnt waste my time reading it..

just saying..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

of course his thread will descend into 'icke is. nutter who said he was jesus'
territory' but that's my simple analysis before that happens

Yes, that's what will happen because Icke is a complete "sandwich short of a picnic" type of fruitcake. He peddles his silly theories to the gullible and panders to those who “want to believe”. Prove me I am wrong.

The Sun is just picking him up for the fraud he is. They may paint the story up a bit, but that’s what Icke does.

Regards

Well fraud is a strong word, can you prove he is deliberately misleading in what
he talks about? After reading a few of his books, i think he genuinely believes
what he says that may make him nuts in many peoples eyes but not necessarily a fraud.
Have you read any of his books?

Personally i think the guy is surprisingly more sane than people make him out to be.

No he can't prove it. And I'm sure he didn't even read more then two pages from Icke. It's getting accustomed in here, people just shout: fraud, hoax, nut case...without even reading in depth what the person wrights. Maybe what Icke said in the last Thrive documentary, is true:

The greatest prison that people are living in is the fear what others think. But when you do it, meaning when you step out of this prison then you realize in what kind of prison you've lived before. And it's only when you do it, gives you a clear understanding of how easy it is for few to control the many. All you have to do is, dictate the norms of society, what is considered right and wrong, moral and immoral, good and bad, sane and insane, possible and impossible... and you build a hassle free zone. And if you live your life within that zone of perception belief people will leave you alone because you're normal. Once you step out of that pen and you start to express your uniqueness, what the Illuminati have created is a whole human population of prison warders who are jumping on those that are stepping out of the norm. It's interesting when you get to the edge of that hassle free zone in what you say and you think, you're not thinking: If I do, what a about the head of the World Bank, what he's gonna say if I do this... No, we're saying: What is my mother gonna think, the guy at the bar, the people at work, what would they say? What the Illuminati have done by creating the norms, they have created a absolute army of people to impose those norms on each other.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join