It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC propaganda machine in full swing - Pension Stikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yet again, the BBC are regurgitating fear and trying to make people feel guilty and discouraging participation in next week's strikes against public sector pension cuts. Expect more along the same lines. Sickening. You see, if these greedy people in charge did what was in the best interest of the people, then none of this would be happening. Yet they are trying to make out that the people striking are irresponsible. This is not impartial reporting, this is fear mongering.

Strike means thousands of operations to be postponed

Hospital managers are planning to postpone thousands of non-emergency operations next Wednesday, because of the public sector strike over pension changes. Patients across the UK have been sent letters warning them of the disruption. Diagnostic tests and outpatient appointments will also be delayed, but hospitals insist emergency and critical care will not be affected. Managers say they are preparing as they would for Christmas or bank holidays. An estimated 400,000 nurses and healthcare assistants, as well as paramedics, physiotherapists, and support staff like cleaners and administrators have said they will join the action on 30 November over changes to public sector pensions.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Public sector strike could see Heathrow 'grind to halt'

Heathrow airport has asked airlines to halve the number of passengers they fly into the airport next week to try to minimise disruption caused by a strike. Its operator BAA warned of "gridlock" and said passengers could face 12-hour delays on Wednesday when immigration officers go on strike over pensions. BAA said it was holding talks with airlines and the UK Border Agency. PM David Cameron said it was clear there would be an impact at ports and airports, but borders would be secure. "At the very least there will be longer queues and people will have to wait longer at borders," his spokesman said. He added the government was still working on contingency plans and gathering information on the impact of the strikes.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Its the same in Northern Ireland...

DUP assembly member says strike could cost economy £500m

The DUP has said the public sector strike on Wednesday could cost the economy an estimated £500m. East Antrim MLA Alastair Ross made the comments after Sinn Fein Education Minister John O'Dowd said he would not cross the picket line during the strike. Mr O'Dowd said he supported the strikers but appreciated the disruption it would cause. Mr Ross said the trade unions' approach would "damage the economy".

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
EVEN WORSE, this has ruined my day and made me absolutely livid.

Pension deal 'may be withdrawn' if no agreement reached

An improved offer on public sector pensions could be withdrawn if an agreement is not reached, unions have been warned by the government. Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander, in the Guardian, also urged union leaders to persuade their members to accept the "generous" offer tabled. It comes as more than two million workers are set to strike on Wednesday over changes to public sector pensions. They include teachers, border control staff and some health workers. Unions say proposals which require their members to work longer before collecting their pension and contribute more are unfair. The government says change is needed to keep down the cost to the taxpayer, because people are living longer. Mr Alexander told the Guardian the strike action was "a distraction" to the ongoing negotiation process and "a risk to it" because "part of going on strike will harden opinions on the union side and might make it harder for them to sell a deal to their members".

www.bbc.co.uk...

Come on people WAKE UP. We need to first completely remove the corrupt, self serving, EVIL bullies that are running this nation into the ground for their corporate and bankster sponsors. Then we need to bring back the death penalty, and try all these traitors for treason. This should also apply to the media who are spewing forth this propaganda and fear in order to shape the public view and stop people excercising their democratic rights against this abhorrent and corrupt government.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

This government has been very successful in dividing the nation between public and private sector workers. Pitting one against the other in an effort to break public support for the strikes. The media obsess's on the implications of a one day strike, how parents wont be able to look after their kids how people will miss appointments, meanwhile they ignore the concerns of those going on strike.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Not just the BBC mate, all MSM are demonising the strikes.

I wouldn't be surprised if things continue as they are if the government attempts to introduce emergency measures restricting or even completely banning industrial or strike action.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this government is determined to strip us of most of the rights and benefits that previous generations gained for us and to take this country back to something like a Victorianesque society.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Did you see,yesterday, that shameful 'interview' with a BBC presenter [ i think her name was maitlin] and a union leader? she ripped him a new one and he remained calm. if i was him i would have been full of 'well, you BBC folks went on strike about moving to Manchester, didnt you?'

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
BBC was always propaganda arm of the Windsor family and british govt.Windsor family needs its propaganda to show that they are not welfare queens and moochers of the people. And people fall for that'they bring tourism' nonsense again and again.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Not just the BBC mate, all MSM are demonising the strikes.

Even some pretty 'left' radio phone in programmes are speaking against it. Very few people have a good word to say about it. Public sector employees will have to finally get off the gravy train. I'll say right now I used to be one. People used to take their annual sick limit almost as routine leave. I've known quite high paid employees sit snoozing all day because there was no work for them. It was practically impossible to get the sack - more so if you were gay or came from an ethic minority. There I said it. No private operation could sustain the practices beloved of the public sector.
People with less than 10 years to go will not be affected. Low earners will not be affected. If they don't like their new pension terms let them go looking for a job in the private sector.
edit on 26-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The BBC are just reporting the facts. Why is it propaganda when they report that the strike may cause mayhem. That's what the Unions want.

As a public sector worker myself, I think these strikers should see reality. I have has a pay freeze for two yewars and my pension will suffer, but that's life.

Regards

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The BBC reporting facts would be a first!

Like most MSM outlets these days they are guilty of presenting slanted "news" all the time, presenting one viewpoint only, without inviting an opposing viewpoint to be heard. Even people from within the organisation have said this over the years but still they get away with it and are presented as an impartial news source.

Bottom line is that there is very little truly impartial investigative reporting these days, with either huge media organisations spiking reports or the government stepping in and exerting influence. That's why they are all so scared of the internet, as it allows ordinary people on the ground to get their stories out, rather than a sanitised and twisted government / corporate approved version.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Even some pretty 'left' radio phone in programmes are speaking against it. Very few people have a good word to say about it. Public sector employees will have to finally get off the gravy train. I'll say right now I used to be one. People used to take their annual sick limit almost as routine leave. I've known quite high paid employees sit snoozing all day because there was no work for them. It was practically impossible to get the sack - more so if you were gay or came from an ethic minority. There I said it. No private operation could sustain the practices beloved of the public sector.
People with less than 10 years to go will not be affected. Low earners will not be affected. If they don't like their new pension terms let them go looking for a job in the private sector.
edit on 26-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

I know a civil servant with terminal cancer. She's been denied medical retirement & has been recently sacked. She's having to appeal that through the civil service board, as if she hasn't anything better to do with her remaining time.

She didn't use her "8 days per year" as annual leave. She got an oral warning at 8 days, a written warning at 30 and was dismissed at month 3.

She didn't sleep on the job either, she slaved away in a DSS office, on a modest wage, for over 30 years, putting up with levels of abuse from the public that the vast majority of us here couldn't even contemplate.

What do you say to that ? Burst your Daily Mail bubble, does it ? The truth normally does.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
You see, if these greedy people ..... did what was in the best interest of the people, then none of this would be happening.

Indeed.

And yet they wonder why there si no public support for them. Blackmail is not honorable.

If you have a grievance with your boss, deal with it. Don;t take it out on me!!!!!

All strikers are a disgrace. We did nothing to you so why are your hurting us? Hey? Why??????

Edit: btw the BBC are left wing anti-tory and anti-royalty

edit on 26-11-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Good you deserve it.

Advocate and spend more money on war.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

You are everything thats wrong with this nation. Apathetic. Or maybe just pathetic. So your pay and pensions have been frozen, some people's even cut. I bet your work hours remain the same, and your work output is expected to stay the same, or even improve. If you had any respect for your ancestors who fought tooth and nail for the freedoms and welfare system we had, you'd be fighting against this daylight robbery and system of slavery we are all forced to live under now. And the people at the top are getting richer while we are all forced to make sacrifices. But no, you just accept it and all the bull# we are forcefed by the people in charge, and cant even see how wrong it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Yeah, im pretty sure they screen the callers and make sure only those who have a view in line with what the public are supposed to think are let through

top topics

join