It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How r you sleeping?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Don't know if this should even be in this forum because it don't make much sense but it has a lot to do with a change in dreaming.

Anyway, watching threads here, listening to people, listening to radio shows and tv shows I have picked up on the fact that a large number of people are not sleeping normally at the moment. I certainly am not. This is very easy to dismiss as a sign of increased stress but i think there is a little more to it than that. I have heard a huge number of people talking about waking up constantly now in the early hours of the morning, around 4am.

I have had stressful times all through my life and it has never effected my sleep. My head hits the pillow and I am out like a light. I have had difficult times at the moment like a lot of people but I have been dealing with this for a few years now and it previously never effected my sleep. Like I said once I put my head down I forget about any worries and just nod off. That is why I am ruling stress out for what is happening now.

This change has hit me now for the last few months i guess. I am kinda of ignoring it but I heard so many people talking about sleep issues I am guessing a lot of us are experiencing the same change. I have always remembered dreams , manipulated them as well. Maybe one or two significant ones in a nights sleep that i can remember.

Now i go to bed. I lay my head down and I am dreaming straight away and dreaming all night. Constant , every minute. Every second actually. And I am totally aware of it. I know I am in bed and that I am alseep and I am dreaming all night. Some people might claim this is stressful or disrupted sleep but its not. I am asleep. Some of the dreams are fairly normal , some are completely nuts the likes of which I have never seen before. In them everything is completly out of place but I am acting like it is all normal. The majority of the time however, strange as the dreams are I am treating them as normal life. Its almost like I am expieriencing other /alternative lives.

If other people are experiencing this I could understand how some people would claim they are not sleeping so well because the are constantly dreaming and 'thinking'. But it is not effecting me. I am never tired the next morning. I have been expieriecing this for months and never once felt tired the following morning. I will often wake and times and have a look at the clock. It was always around 4am but that has been changing lately. Anyway , even when I wake and feel my mind is very active because of the constant dreaming i can still turn over and go back to sleep. Maybe others who are waking can't return to sleep as easy.

I dunno. Let me know if you have same thing going on. From what I am hearing I am not alone experiecing this. Maybe all the alternative lives we are living are about to merge into one.

(just to confirm i don't do drink/drugs/medication)
edit on 25-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Can't empathize, but did this start for you about January this year?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Stress affects sleep, and so does caffeine. Not getting enough exercise will prevent you from resting properly. Poor nutrition will, too.

How many people do you know who are sedentary, over-caffeinated, eating badly, and overstressed?

Dilemma SOLVED.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
YES! I am also waiking up between 2:30 and 4 EVERY MORNING!

This has become a topic of conversation in our house. "Did mom sleep through?" - like I am a baby!

I wake up wide wide awake. Brian totally cative. I have found that my mind is so active during these times that when I do sit for meditation my mind is extremely difficult to bring to stillness. It would take me at least twice as long to still the mind as when I am meditating at night. This is not normal, as most highly eveloved souls recommend the early hours of the morning for meditation as the mind has not been involved with dayly activity yet, and thus, should be more still.

Unlike you though, I cannot get back to sleep. This started before May this year.

Thanx for posting. Pew!
I am not alone..........
edit on 25-11-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

oi! me again.
A bit off topic, sorry. I did not notice you are Johnathin Livingstone Seagull!!! The way of life I follow is based on this book, in a broad sense. Did you ever see the movie with Neil Diamond? Totally awsome choice!

Go Johnny go! the sky is not the limit!
Same desire for unlimited spiritual progress, different words.

Peace and bliss,
UnlimitedSky

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Stress affects sleep, and so does caffeine. Not getting enough exercise will prevent you from resting properly. Poor nutrition will, too.

How many people do you know who are sedentary, over-caffeinated, eating badly, and overstressed?

Dilemma SOLVED.

I handle stress well (could care less most of the time)
I do not drink coffee or soda, but will consume sweet tea on occasion
I do plenty of walking
My nutrition has not changed much

Now that I have disproven your point, the majority of times I am only capable of about 5 hours of sleep (as I work nights currently). I believe this has something to do with it but for the first year or so it did not affect my nights off. Now i always wake around 3-5 in the morning no matter what time I go to sleep. I also can not go right back to sleep like i used to. So yes.. something has changed and from posts on social networks and such it seems it is more common than not.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Sleep has been iffy for me lately.
Sometimes, I am out within 15 minutes. Other times I toss and turn, and end up awake most of the night.
I tried a Lunesta...It made me fidgety...LOL..imagine that.

When I finally get to sleep, I dream like crazy....Very detailed, and movie-like.
Probably an effect of not enough REM time.

This is a recent phenomenon with me. I've always been a nightowl...But when it was time to hit the pillow, I would go right to sleep...Things have changed.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

it is something that seems to be effecting meditiation for me too. it does take more effort to reach the stillness.

brains are transforming prehaps?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

honsetly cant remember. its been months, maybe a good part of the year. not sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
YES! I am also waiking up between 2:30 and 4 EVERY MORNING!

This has become a topic of conversation in our house. "Did mom sleep through?" - like I am a baby!

Unlike you though, I cannot get back to sleep. This started before May this year.

I'm exactly the same. And I LOVE to sleep. Waking up and tossing and turning for hours is driving me slowly nuts.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Dilemma SOLVED.

it is very very easy to dimiss sleep changes for resons you stated above. I honestly believe it is something different. I have been patient and ignored this for a long time. I have only raised it because every day I am hearing more and more people talking about this.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I dream like crazy....Very detailed, and movie-like.

spot on there, some of the dreams are really like being in a movie

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Same as others here, have been waking up through the night in recent months, usually between 2 and 4, most nights around 315am. One thing I have noticed, and would love others input is; I've never been a deep sleeper, and was always lead to believe that to dream you needed to be in a deep REM state of sleep. Mostly this was the case, but recently I noticed I have been dreaming very vividly in what I call "near the surface." In that I know I'm not in a deep sleep, but can recall the dreams I've had very easily, and am dreaming a lot more than I used to. I also have a constant thing every night around 11-12 of waking up thinking I've forgotten something, but I can never work out what.
And just for the record, no caffeine or meds, only drink water, exercise and have a reasonably good diet. Any thoughts or ideas? Would like to hear em.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
How am I sleeping?? Usually with my eyes closed. Mostly on my back but I tend to favour my right side so I'm directed away from the snoring of my wife. She snores so *ing loud that the apocalypse itself would pale in comparison.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I think you're dreaming at the right stage, but REM isn't deep sleep. At the minute I'm going from awake to deep sleep then awake again and I'm missing out on dreaming. A hobby I used to enjoy.

I agree with the caffeine thing. I've stopped my tea after maybe 6pm and it's a tiny bit better. Maybe it's my age too?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

came across the short story of JLS first. thought the story was amazing and timeless didn't see film for a long time. good but thought it was a little too dark and very 70's. but everything in the seventies was kinda dark. the film was made the year i was born. as was another classic short, 'fantastic planet'. we dont seem to get stories like this anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
How am I sleeping?? Usually with my eyes closed. Mostly on my back but I tend to favour my right side so I'm directed away from the snoring of my wife. She snores so *ing loud that the apocalypse itself would pale in comparison.

I guess that would make you rapture ready then...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

I have been dreaming very vividly in what I call "near the surface." In that I know I'm not in a deep sleep, but can recall the dreams I've had very easily, and am dreaming a lot more than I used to.

This is exactly it!! your 'near the surface' phrase describes it perfectly.

Something is changing i tell you, changing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yes, yes it would.

Plus its like I tell everyone. I'm not afraid of death, my wife is a ginger (red head) I live in the fiery depths of hell.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Giving up all the crap (coke, fatty foods, tea/coffee) was the best thing for sleep, I'd always been a terrible sleeper. Even changing eating habits, ie; having a big lunch then a small snack for dinner before bed with at least 1/2hr of exercise has helped hugely with sleep, especially just getting to sleep.
What I find is I will wake up around 6am, my brain is kinda hard-wired as I spent 25 years getting up at that time, but now I can go back to sleep for an hour or two. In that period I dream very vividly, and same if I wake up at around 3am. It just feels like a state of semi-awakedness, where I'm not fully asleep but have some idea of what is going on in the real world. It takes about 1/2 hour or so to relax and sleep, but after those periods I dream the most.
Never fully understood REM sleep, if you have any info on how it actually works, would be appreciated

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join