It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocuppy Boston and the "traditional public forum locations"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
in an interesting read about the Occupy boston protest i read about a term that was used by a judge,

i wont quote the article but want opinions on what locations around major cities are considered traditional public forum locations.

i ask because if there is a history of public forums or free political speech zones, these could be permited or historic sites where in the past people have asembled to voice there free speach rights in a publically recognised forum or location traditionally used for the purpose of political debate, free speach and or expressing the right to protest for redress.

it would be interesting to see how to inhabit these historic forums and protest in protected historic free speach locations

In her Nov. 17 ruling granting the restraining order, McIntyre wrote, “Unlike the circumstance involving Zuccotti Park in New York and Occupy Wall Street, it is undisputed that Dewey Park is a traditional public forum.”

source unknown

any ideas?

xploder

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure about other cities or other states, Massachusettes is a Commomwealth but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Maybe there's a civic lawyer lurking around ATS somewhere? At any rate here's a link from occupypolice.org that explains it a bit more. Thanks for sharing

new topics

join