It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Acknowledges 2nd Mayan Reference to 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interesting theory of the mayan,roman connection.

Here is the Mayan script.

Here is a timeline and list of all known scripts from around the world.

www.ancientscripts.com...

And here is latin script that the romans used.

I would like to see an actual brick in those claims.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Very interesting!

The Comalcalco brick is also odd in that the molded or inscribed faces of the bricks were probably laid facing inward or covered with stucco, suggesting they were not meant to be seen.

Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I met a mayan while touring around mexico, they don't believe in the end of the world prophecies. It's been made up. We like to assume things when we see them. No facts support anything of the sort though.

Personally I find it intriguing but definitely not something to worry over. If wars start and famine spreads ill take my actions then. Even though we have a prophecy of sort, if it is that, it does not mean we know when to flee.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
These tablets are just like the sumerian tablets, not verifiable. They are no different than "the ten commandments" or the mormon tablets that smith guy wrote or whatever
Meaning they are a matter of unverifiable opinion. And the mexicans will milk this in every way they can for all they can.
edit on 24-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

I beg to differ, touring the mayan ruins they expressly state many times end of the world prophecies are a hollywood story.

This article is written cleverly to include the so called prophecy but that's not the focus of the gathering. It's about the doubt in belief of the new age that's coming.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Yes I did and I have read about that monument from real archaeologists. Have you? You might want to read a little yourself before suggesting violence.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Very interesting!

The Comalcalco brick is also odd in that the molded or inscribed faces of the bricks were probably laid facing inward or covered with stucco, suggesting they were not meant to be seen.

I would think that the inscribed bricks facing inward were probably reused,recycled bricks.
Not really to hide anything other than to be more aesthetic.

It is alot easier to use some bricks that have already been made than to make them yourself.

edit on 25-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Better link.

The coming year will be very interesting whether you believe in prophecies or not. There is so much on the verge of happening that we're sure to see some significant change in the world, whether that change be positive or negative is still unknown, but either way, 2012 is sure to be a year of change.

I agree 100%,no matter how you look at it,at least as far as I see it,the 2012 prophecies/theories have become quite "popular" and pretty well known.

like I said in the Op at the very least I believe with the widespread foreknowledge of this prophecy & the strong belief systems/theories behind 2012 that it will be more than enough expectancy of something happening on this date that I believe many people are going to be preparing for,panicking,looting & rioting.

I saw on the news today some of the crimes associated with black Friday sales (here in America)
a lady flips out waiting in line an sprays multiple people with pepper spray...over a sale!? I am sure this is not an isolated incident either...I remember a few years back some people were killed because of trampling stampede of individuals trying to rush into a store in order to be 'first come,first serve'

It is insane...Now imagine the urgency & expectancy of the magnitude of 2012 for everyone out there who is a firm believer that something bad is going to happen!?

you will have many who are familiar with the prophecies though may brush it off as nonsense up in till a few months,weeks prior to the dates approach...they may change their mind,becoming to believe that the world is in need of change...that something could actually happen after all.

I have no idea what will happen on December 21st,2012...It could turn out to be nothing happens at all and it is just another day like any....Personally,there is still that intuitive voice/feeling in the back of my head and in my heart that leads me to believe something is truly going to take place...I just do not know what exactly.

What I do know is this- The way the world is right now & where it seems to be heading has to change full stop.
we cannot continue on this downward spiral of hate,greed and the complete lack of empathy for our fellow human beings,brothers & sisters.

there is enough food,water & shelter to accommodate All...No one in this world should have to suffer & struggle they way so many people everyday,going hungry,being homeless,loveless....the state of tour world is crippled and sick......we need a change

I welcome it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I agree.
A sort of culling of the herd.
Way to many genetic misfits in our gene pool.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I find this passage very interesting.

In fact, the third glyph on the brick seems to read as the verb huli, "he/she/it arrives."

start.toshiba.com...

The explanation of the end of the 13th Baktun from the Mayans has always been, “The fifth sun comes to an end.” This new detail about the arrival of someone or something makes this even more intriguing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

In fact, the third glyph on the brick seems to read as the verb huli, "he/she/it arrives."

start.toshiba.com...

The explanation of the end of the 13th Baktun from the Mayans has always been, “The fifth sun comes to an end.” This new detail about the arrival of someone or something makes this even more intriguing.

"It" arrives from the sky,13,000 years later.

Just wondering what it,or he/she is.
A comet, asteroid,an alien being?
Many questions to ponder.

Not the end,but awaiting the arrival of something.
Maybe a promise of a return from a previous visitation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by lostinspace

start.toshiba.com...

"It" arrives from the sky,13,000 years later.

Just wondering what it,or he/she is.
A comet, asteroid,an alien being?
Many questions to ponder.

Not the end,but awaiting the arrival of something.
Maybe a promise of a return from a previous visitation.

The Tortuguero tablet gives the answer.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

You know,I just can not find any credible info on this,the tortuguero tablet and such.
Starting to sound alot like a money making scheme from the Mexican government to cash in on all to 2012 mayan end of the world calendar scam.
But,that is just my opinion.

But I did come across this,have a looksey,

I have to disagree that Mayanists have kept the Tortuguero passage to themselves (ourselves), forn whatever reason. I posted the translation here a few days ago in a very matter-of-fact way, which should indicate that quite the opposite is true. And, anyway, it's not the way our field works. I'm certain that if anyone had ever posed the question "Do any Maya inscriptions mention 2012?" to us active epigraphers (me, Houston, Martin, Mathews, Grube, Zender, Lacadena, Macleod, etc.), that we would immediately say, "look at Tortuguero Monument 6." In these days of email, discussion boards, and frequent open workshops like we have at the Maya Meetings, there are endless opportunities to acquire, exchange and disseminate information about this stuff, and that's a wonderful thing. So, there is no "closed shop" in some ivory tower. Remember, we're still in the midst of a remarkable time that continues to assess the windfall that came from the recent decipherment, and there's lots of catching up to do. Frankly, the Tortuguero passage, buried in lots of other data, hasn't been a huge deal to most of us because it is damaged and very, very ambiguous. There really isn't a whole lot to say about it when all is said and done. And even if the glyphs there were clear and legible, no Mayanist I know honestly believes that the Classic Maya foresaw something that might actually come true in our day and age. David

groups.google.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

This is what I was referring to with the link you provided in your last post. The Tortuguero tablet mentions Bolon Yokte K'u:

The deity Bolon Yokte K'u is shown here to have had a consistent association with underworld, conflict, and war from the beginning of the Classic period into Colonial times…The identification of Bolon Yokte K'u on the "Vase of the Seven Gods" underscores its importance as one of the gods that were present during the creation of the present world.

groups.google.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Oh,ok.
I post many links and I read what is relevant to the current discussion.
That is my fault,I agree.
But I posted that link in regards to the following text,which I failed to highlight.

Frankly, the Tortuguero passage, buried in lots of other data, hasn't been a huge deal to most of us because it is damaged and very, very ambiguous. There really isn't a whole lot to say about it when all is said and done. And even if the glyphs there were clear and legible, no Mayanist I know honestly believes that the Classic Maya foresaw something that might actually come true in our day and age.

groups.google.com...

So,with that,I conclude that it is ,in my opinion ,that this whole 2012 prophecy has been a made up conspiracy.
But,my door is always open to possibilities.
I've got a year and a month to find out.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

That's interesting info but I am a bit skeptical about the symbols on the Roman bricks being the same as the olmec bricks. Why are there no pics of the symbols on the bricks? I also don't see it mentioned anywhere else but this website. It sounds a bit too good to be true, to be honest.

Did some more digging and came up with some more articles-

Neil Steede, an archaeologist working on the site, studied almost 5,000 bricks, and photographed the inscriptions he found on about 1,500 of them. Most of the symbols or inscriptions have been interpreted as masons' signs. The really curious thing is that these marks turn out to be virtually identical to the masons' marks used by the Romans, half a world away.

Did You Know? Mayan pyramid in Tabasco, Mexico, has possible Roman links

we all had our hearts set on seeing this ruin because it is so different. Unlike all the others built of rock, Comalcalco is built of Roman-like bricks that are thinner than regular brick and thicker than tile.

We have read that the bricks have symbols on the back similar to those made in Rome; symbols that closely resemble those of the Masonic Brotherhood.

What makes all this so interesting is the similarities we see between the artifacts of all these Mesoamerica ruins and some of the physical characteristics of the people carved in stone to the people and structures of Rome, Greece, Egypt, and Africa. Surely there was travel between these continents long before recorded history.

Source

definitely legit,I thought it was too good to be true myself until I did some more research.

Here is something I found interesting pertaining to the Olmec & Maya-

Clyde Winters and Neil Steede explored the iconography of the symbols carved in Comalcalco bricks in some detail. Winters, an expert on Olmec script, which pre-dates the rise of the Maya, quickly recognized that one particular brick (T1 452 R16) was very special, since it had both Olmec and Maya script side by side.

Winters translated the Olmec script, and Steede worked on the Maya script, independently, before comparing notes. Their work showed that the two scripts told the same tale. The left hand side was essentially a translation of the right hand side; the brick was bilingual!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Although very intriguing,I have reservations with you linking travel blogs as sources.
I have confidence that you can provide better resources.

I try to click on the links they,the travel blogs provided,but they are no longer good.

I have tried archaeological sites,but came up with nothing.

But I came up with this from Clyde Winters,tying in the African culture and the Olmec culture.

There is also mentioned the The Olmec script pre-dates the Mayan script,which,according to my sources ,is not true.

Winters, an expert on Olmec script, which pre-dates the rise of the Maya, quickly recognized that one particular brick (T1 452 R16) was very special, since it had both Olmec and Maya script side by side.

Take a look at this timeline of scripts,go to the bottom were they show meso america.

www.ancientscripts.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I understand your point. The glyphs on the Tortuguero monument could mean anything.
What benefit would an end time prophecy be to the declining Mayan civilization?

Here's an interesting link I thought you might enjoy.

Tortuguero Monument 6 and Bolon Yokte K’u

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Very interesting!

Because the bricks may have been taken from a pre existing building to build the present building.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Again, more information based on archeological studies showing the Comalcalco bricks could be more than just building pieces. Someone mentions that they may have been moved? This was a trade center. A major port, see below.

Comalcalco was a major Mayan port city that was believed to have flourished between A.D 700 to A.D 900.

I mentioned trade and outposts and graphical representations. I know someone may have dismissed that very easily but..try not to dismiss my observations as off sub. There is no way you can understand a prophecy (or a lack of one) and not try to understand the culture at the same time.

In 1977 and 1978 the National Institute of Anthropology and History excavated the site and discovered that it was made up entirely of these bricks. And the site is HUGE. What they also found was that approximately 3% of the bricks had inscriptions on them, on the INSIDE. In a study conducted by Mexican archeologist Neil Steede of the National Institute of Anthropology and History, he discovered that 3,671 bricks had inscriptions. Of these bricks, 2,129 had Mayan inscriptions on them. But 499 of the bricks were found to have completely out of place inscriptions. 13.6% of the bricks were found to have Old World inscriptions on them. These inscriptions include writing in Arabic, Phoenician, Libyan, Egyptian, Ogam, Tifinag, Chinese, Burmese, and Paliburmese. In all, about 17.3% of the bricks were inscribed with different languages, but if they had any Mayan inscriptions on them, they were designated to the Mayan inscription pile. Other bricks from this site had drawings on them, and 308 of the bricks were completely unknown and indecipherable.

www.myanmars.net...

Would it be ok to assume that these bricks symbolyzed goods? K? When we look at the Mayan buildings, sculptures, the clothing we see something common in the culture. Its either people or animals. On the people, we often see headpieces and entire outfits, or suits, possibly some form of light armor, and or other sorts of clothing. Many of these clothes, if not all that we see, are animal in appearance. When we look at the animals, well.., agriculture tells us that we trade animals for various reasons, furs, hides, skins, meat, fertilizer, work force in absence of machina. Yes? So we might also think directions for foreign traders. Think identification. Points to brick- Elephants, this is an elephant, this is a tiger, bring me tigers or birds. Serpents go over here. Look at this stone. Points to building. There. Point to animal, point to building. Move there.

Bamm, communication barrier down, no? Listen to anglos trying to communicate with Mexicans even today and think about communication barriers, now consider how much easier it might be if you have symbols for elements, air, water, people, animals. ect.. even today, if you cannot understand a foreigner, we point, we motion, we symbolyze. We understand.

One can almost imagine people trading in this sense with no central language and developing a system for their own people to trade, and communicate, thus, "learning centers." In fact to traders, and people of possession, measure is still very much its own language. So much so that it even requires law. So think of lawyers. Now examine todays society. Some live in the cities, others outside. Those outside move their goods to "centers" for trade. Everything we trade with is engraven and what do we see by and on buildings? Signs.

We also know a little of the aztecs (which were directly west of the mayan civ), and rituals. We know Mexico is known for several crops. Including our national staple. Crops go bad? Time for a solstice-sacrifice possibly... of some sort. Lets trade with the east. Time of years, seasons require calendars, a measure of time. For what? Arrivals and Departures. Moving on....

In observing "Native Americans" or idigena right to self identify, ie , you know who you are, you do not have to be told by everyone else who you are, you just know... today several people from "Mexico" no longer self identify as "Mexicans" but instead Mechica. Several of those people after years of self study.. also have something to say about their origins which was likely a trading partner coming from the West of the Mayans. Note the similarities please.
www.youtube.com...

Why all this? because most of us, in looking at endtimes, especially when it comes to the "natives" of the Americas, in this case central "Mechica" which is roughly the population of Texas mind you, completely overlook anything of the very cultures we bleed dry for answers that.. no one really knows the answers to. Some may see one tribe, I see a continent of people. While I have no doubts that calandar was genuine, and I have no clue whether it or these bricks points specifically to 2012, we should at least consider what they were in part actually used for.

edit on 26-11-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

fair enough,I was on my way to bed at the time and those links were all that I'd found at the time.
here are a few more-

In 1977 and 1978 the National Institute of Anthropology and History excavated the site and discovered that it was made up entirely of these bricks. And the site is HUGE. What they also found was that approximately 3% of the bricks had inscriptions on them, on the INSIDE.

In a study conducted by Mexican archeologist Neil Steede of the National Institute of Anthropology and History, he discovered that 3,671 bricks had inscriptions. Of these bricks, 2,129 had Mayan inscriptions on them. But 499 of the bricks were found to have completely out of place inscriptions. 13.6% of the bricks were found to have Old World inscriptions on them.
These inscriptions include writing in Arabic, Phoenician, Libyan, Egyptian, Ogam, Tifinag, Chinese, Burmese, and Paliburmese. In all, about 17.3% of the bricks were inscribed with different languages, but if they had any Mayan inscriptions on them, they were designated to the Mayan inscription pile. Other bricks from this site had drawings on them, and 308 of the bricks were completely unknown and indecipherable.

According to Steede, all of the bricks were carefully photographed, and copies sent to the Epigraphic Society of San Diego, California, where the languages were identified and verified. Several of the bricks had Mayan inscriptions and another language—typical translations. Some of the bricks were decorated with elephants, and other creatures not indigenous to the Americas.

( Emphasis added by me)

Source

www.foxvox.org

PDF-
Lost Cities of North & Central America

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join