It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found Wallet...What Would You Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lol better hope she still resides at the address on the ID - I don't live anywhere near the address that's still on mine.

Would have turned it in to the receptionist at the hospital. Other people's money always seems worthless to me for some reason

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0Mark
Now now, yes it matters on the wallet itself, if it happend to be Bloomberg's wallet, i would send it back with nothing but OWS slogans printed on paper.

Sir, you are opening up a WHOLE OTHER can of worms!!!!!! Consider this "average joes" wallet. If the name on the ID was ummm Grant, Greehey, or Dimon....it would probably be a WHOLEEEEE different situation

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0Mark

Originally posted by LrBc1275
reply to post by spyder550

Consider it a poll here on ATS. I am not trying to gather info to change my rationale. Simply a conversation piece for all of you here

That sounds, like your trying to ENTERTAIN YOUR SELF! GUYS BATTEN DOWN YOUR HATCHES! He's doing this for his own entertainment.
./sarcasm

As a representative of my generation, being born in the mid 1990's, i think i spoke the truth for my people, good or not, it is the reality of modern times.

If i want entertainment, I have CNN and Fox news in my cable package....just seeing what other people would do.
Someone check this guys house for lost wallets!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LrBc1275

What would you have done??? What do you think of my decision???

1. You absolutely did the right thing - good job!
2. It's sad that this act involves a lot of hesitance for a lot of people - there should be none

The other day, after loading my groceries into the car, I watched an older lady load up hers, then return her cart to the return (already like her for returning her cart - lots of much younger people just leave it scooting around the parking lot).

Anyway, she left her purse in the cart and returned to her car. I never even considered taking it, and jogged to the cart, grabbed the purse, and jogged to her car, which she had already started by the time I got there. I knocked on the passenger side window and could tell she was probably scared - LOL.

But after waving her purse in front of the window, she immediately opened it and was soooooo thankful.

It feels good to help out others

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good for you, I once was waiting to use a public phone long before mobiles we're them norm , when the woman was finished I noticed she had left her purse in the cubicle.
She was very grateful and even opened it and there was only her bus pass in it but she thanked me for being truthful and not keeping it which made me feel good.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
KUDOS ! you did the right thing and your son should learn a valuable honest lesson from it.
the problem with the whole world today is TOO many dishonest people.
Kharma will catch up with you and God will smile upon you.
Fine job, more people should be so honest.
And the owner of the wallet will get a boost too in remaining humanity.
you done good.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
would make every attempt to locate the owner and return it to them with all contents intact.
If couldnt directly locate would do as you did post it to them at addy listed on i.d inside.

Honesty always the best policy ..
You did the proper thing and showed a good example to your 4 year old in the process ..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
you did the right thing. i wouldve returned the wallet also its the right thing to do id hope someone would do the same to me

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I find it interesting that you are getting all the responses from the people who think you did the right thing and not any from those who would have kept the money. Let's face it, I bet hundreds of people clicked on this thread, thought "hell ya I would keep the money" and moved on to the next thread.

If it were me I would have given the wallet to the receptionist at the ER. That would be the place the person who lost their wallet would have called first. If your having an emergency it would be pretty easy to leave a purse, coat, wallet ect. behind and after a couple hours realized it was gone and checked in with the ER.

The real question is, why did you not do that? Why did you take it home with you?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LrBc1275

Actually several years ago...something similar happened to me. I decided to go for an afternoon Sunday walk in my neighborhood. I had walked about 6 blocks....when I saw to the side of the sidewalk....a wallet....I picked it up...opened it up and it had $401.00 in it. The person who owned the wallet...had some identification in it...and some numbers of friends and relatives...so I started calling...at one of her friends I finally got a hold of the woman. I told her I had found her wallet and all the money was still in it. She got my address and came right over to pick it up. She told me that the money in her wallet was very important because she was just starting a new business and that $401.00 was very much needed for her new business. We talked a while longer...she thanked me and left.

I thought that was the end of the wallet incident...but about 2 weeks later...I got a beautiful letter in the mail from her parents thanking me...and they had enclosed in the letter $200.00 as a thank you.

So...yes..I think.you did the right thing!

edit on 24-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To be totally honest I would have to say it would depend on what point in my life I was at . Right now I'm doing well , good job and all I would definately give it back , but I think I would have tried to contact the person somehow and give it to them . 20 years ago I was in a bad situation no job , lots of alcohol in my system and no future ! I would have pocketed the money but I would have got the wallet and ID back to her somehow .

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If it had a an Amercan Express Black Card - I'd keep it, Platinum Card - I'd think about it, Gold Card - I'd give it back.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
take the money, have someone i know return it or take the money and destroy the wallet. i don't like starvation and why would i social when i'm anti social? but if it was a friend of mine's wallet i would take 50$ from the $200 and write an i.o.u.
edit on 24-11-2011 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Considering most people move and never change their address. I would not have mailed it. Instead call the 800 number of one of her bank cards and tell them to contact her as to the where abouts of her wallet. They will call her and give her your info and then go from there. I hate to say it but I doubt she will get it in the mail.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
A few years back I found a wallet on a pretty busy road near where I live. Upon inspection I wasn't surprised to see there was no money inside, however all the guy's ID/cards etc were still in there. Knowing from personal experience what a hassle it is to cancel cards and get new ones (not to mention the expense!) I looked his name up in the telephone book. Luckily it wasn't a common name and I discovered he lived in a neighbouring city about an hour away. When I called him and told him I'd found his wallet he said he was working locally and arranged to pick it up from me the following afternoon. He turned up at the agreed upon time and proceeded to abuse me at my front door fro stealing his cash. I returned his abuse (with easily as many profanities as he used) saying he must have been the victim of a recent concussion if he thought I would bother to return his wallet after taking his money and then invite him to my own home to return it. The person who took the money would have done exactly what they had, left his wallet to the tender mercies of peak hour traffic. All in all, a poor experience but if I look at it as a test of character, I came out ahead in the exchange!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverkiss
A few years back I found a wallet on a pretty busy road near where I live. Upon inspection I wasn't surprised to see there was no money inside, however all the guy's ID/cards etc were still in there. Knowing from personal experience what a hassle it is to cancel cards and get new ones (not to mention the expense!) I looked his name up in the telephone book. Luckily it wasn't a common name and I discovered he lived in a neighbouring city about an hour away. When I called him and told him I'd found his wallet he said he was working locally and arranged to pick it up from me the following afternoon. He turned up at the agreed upon time and proceeded to abuse me at my front door fro stealing his cash. I returned his abuse (with easily as many profanities as he used) saying he must have been the victim of a recent concussion if he thought I would bother to return his wallet after taking his money and then invite him to my own home to return it. The person who took the money would have done exactly what they had, left his wallet to the tender mercies of peak hour traffic. All in all, a poor experience but if I look at it as a test of character, I came out ahead in the exchange!

Yeah, at times doing the right thing is very, very, very rewarding, money or mental wise.
That is sad

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You were not foolish. That person, I'm sure, is grateful.
I lost my wallet once, and two construction workers found it, when they were finished work for the day, drove all the way to my home to give it back.
In your post, you stated that you felt the person might have been having a sh!tty day- to have someone return a wallet really can make a person's year.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I am surprised you have to ask.What do you want? A clap? What you shouldnt do is assume security are criminals.Just because you are borderline doesnt mean everyone else is.Have more faith in people.And you should be ashamed of yourself for going through her wallet and counting her money. What the hell? Why would you do that? All you need is the ID. Your good deed for a while indeed. You are a Saint.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 0Mark

they would probably rob the person physically or break into their house

Come into the wrong house and what? The person living there might be worse or worse than that.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Shame you could'nt go and give it to her yourself but you did the right thing. Quite often than not security would had taken the cash then dumped the wallet.

You did good!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join