It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shambhala Myth and Mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
Havent been on ats in a while, Ill be brief. In my opinion Shambhala is not a physical place.... but it is..... I dont mean that in a hokey pokey unified field infinite potentiality way.... but that if we as humans attempt to become fully aware, through specific, scientifically applied practices with the body and psyche, from meditation to yoga. Then we will have shambhala. Finding that it may have been a real specific place, that I think is true as well, I believe we move through cycles of high and low awareness. At some point there were high societies of paradise, those legends we read today, but finding some rubble is not the point, it would be dry for me to find the remnants of a high time. What would be great is an experience of enlightened relationships/society, paradise on earth. It is here now if I do (or undo) enough to see it.

I guess I am not adding very much to the anthropological perspective on this... but its what I feel is spoken in all of todays various religions, legends and myths. There is no yesterday or today, its all right now, sort of a frustrating perspective in contrast to how we re tought to think these days, but there are methods to prove this is not so farfetched an idea(l).

This is not my thread, but however, what you seek can be found, and it dose take you to a much higher level of understanding, where things become much clearer, but it entails letting go of this present world of overpowering madness,and the multiplicity of the multitude of religions derived upon the accumulation of money by the few

To this Nostradamus has left us with a doorway, all be it, some what obscured, for reasons that become apparent once one has passed through the doorway, to put it in his words, his pictures of the Solar King and Luna Queen are said to lead one into the understanding of the Rose or, The birth of the Divine child of Enlightenment

Having said this, it is not how I discovered it, but I can see and reflect upon his wisdom and can see, that his methodology is correct, and it comes as an inspirational shock of prior wisdom far beyond your belief, that explains the the above thread completely, and that he dose far better than I could ever explain it

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

I wish I was able to clear my mind enough to understand your post better, esspecially regarding this content left for us by Nostradamus, I am interested in the symbols you mention and their possible correlation to the layers of mind/frequencies of awareness percieved in more refined states of consiousness. I could be seeing it from my own basket of blief so feel free to clarify even though this thread is dead it might make for an awesome topic for a new one.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The reason people become confused with Nostradamus,is they make the first mistake ,in believing he was religious, but when one realizes the time in which he was living, that open thought was not permitted, if it did not conform to the prevailing religious rulers,
To this and to his credit,he overcome this issue by encrypting his works, and once you realize this and learn to read his ways then it becomes very clear, so much so that his quote as to the picture of the Rose will take center stage in the distant future, that distant future is now,this comes from a full reading of the Rose in total with no emissions,, as to what it says, and will leave no living sole in any doubts as to his fearless wisdom and knowledge, as to the direction we are heading that the sky may well full in, as he is pointing to and has seen where climate change, is taking us

And given there is just no telling some people, or the old saying that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink I have contemplated putting this in a thread, but I have computer technical problems that stem from being somewhat of a Luddite moving files and posting picture etc,

To this I am quiet able to navigate Google doc etc and have in fact sent documentation to a member that did offer to help, but as yet after several inquiries to date no response, perhaps the data shock him to his very core, as to the realization, of the revelations, and repercussions it may cause upon ATS, it may well split people some not wanting to know, others wanting to know, it may even cause panic amongst some, but I am a realist and being forearmed is forewarned, if there was trouble up ahead would you want to know about it prior

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Has there been any "successful" searches for Shambhala? Or any evidence found?

I'm actually a believer it does exist heh...or it did...

Ah, well...now Sky look what you've done, this is going on my 'priority to do list'.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The only things I ever read about Shambhala come from James Redfield's "The Secret of Shambhala" book --spiritual novel. I was really drawn to it but have very little knowledge on the subject apart from that. The pictures posted in this thread so far are gorgeous. I'm interested in hearing more about the symbols mentioned so far -- Sun King, Luna Queen and the Rose. You certainly got my interest with this thread, thanks for creating it and will be following it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

please don't get me wrong, it is not me that created this thread, it is this shy being, skyfloating that has done so, but she is a allusive person, not wanting to be identified, either that or she dose not know of what she speaks, and looks for those that do know the secrets of shamballa, but I feel she dose understand the Rainbow serpents

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ever since I played the playstation game Drakes unchartered 2, Ive had a fond interest in learning more about Shangri-La. The amount of information they used in that game made me crave for more. I'm glad I came across this thread, a good amount of intellectual thought and opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just thought you should all know, the Shamhbala music festival is NOT a myth and Excision makes epic mixes for it.
Sliiightly off topic but ridiculously epic.

Edit- Funny thing is the mixes have have some funny esoteric and spiritual references, like the intro to this.
edit on 7-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Awesome thread, the pictures made it look so peaceful, a place filled with bliss and harmony.

Lets be honest.. our ancestors were much smarter than we were and there myths/legends were usually proven to be true.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Sky another great thread.

There are two great books that i will recommend to read,if you haven't already.

Beasts, Men and Gods by Antoni Ferdynand Ossendowski.

"Everything in the world," said the Gelong, "is constantly in a state of change and transition--peoples science, religions, laws and customs. How many great empires and brilliant cultures have perished! And that alone which remains unchanged is Evil, the tool of Bad Spirits. More than sixty thousand years ago a Holyman disappeared with a whole tribe of people under the ground and never appeared again on the surface of the earth. Many people, however, have since visited this kingdom, Sakkia Mouni, Undur Gheghen, Paspa, Khan Baber and others. No one knows where this place is. One says Afghanistan, others India. All the people there are protected against Evil and crimes do not exist within its bournes. Science has there developed calmly and nothing is threatened with destruction. The subterranean people have reached the highest knowledge. Now it is a large kingdom, millions of men with the King of the World as their ruler. He knows all the forces of the world and reads all the souls of humankind and the great book of their destiny. Invisibly he rules eight hundred million men on the surface of the earth and they will accomplish his every order."

Prince Chultun Beyli added: "This kingdom is Agharti. It extends throughout all the subterranean passages of the whole world. I heard a learned Lama of China relating to Bogdo Khan that all the subterranean caves of America are inhabited by the ancient people who have disappeared underground. Traces of them are still found on the surface of the land. These subterranean peoples and spaces are governed by rulers owing allegiance to the King of the World. In it there is not much of the wonderful. You know that in the two greatest oceans of the east and the west there were formerly two continents. They disappeared under the water but their people went into the subterranean kingdom. In underground caves there exists a peculiar light which affords growth to the grains and vegetables and long life without disease to the people. There are many different peoples and many different tribes. An old Buddhist Brahman in Nepal was carrying out the will of the Gods in making a visit to the ancient kingdom of Jenghiz,--Siam,--where he met a fisherman who ordered him to take a place in his boat and sail with him upon the sea. On the third day they reached an island where he met a people having two tongues which could speak separately in different languages. They showed to him peculiar, unfamiliar animals, tortoises with sixteen feet and one eye, huge snakes with a very tasty flesh and birds with teeth which caught fish for their masters in the sea. These people told him that they had come up out of the subterranean kingdom and described to him certain parts of the underground country."

Read the chapter here

Download the book here

en.wikipedia.org...

The second book is called: Shambala by Nicholas Roerich

Through his detailed diary notes and the chronicling of legends and parables, he reveals the many facets of the tale of Shambhala, the long-awaited realization of paradise on earth. In Western mythology, Shambhala appears as the mythic land of Shangri-la. In the prophecies of the East, it is seen as both a physical place and the dawning of a New Era of enlightened consciousness. Roerich found signs of the imminent arrival of Shambhala at every juncture of his journey--in the legends of local villagers and within their rock paintings and engravings. In keeping with the ancient traditions, Roerich felt that Shambhala would be attained not inevitably or without effort, but only as a result of "the Noblest and most intensive activity." A living example of this philosophy, he worked unceasingly for peace through culture, believing that "obstacles are only new possibilities to create beneficent energy." Chapters on Tibetan art, the desert cities, subterranean dwellers, and the Great Mother give the reader crystalline glimpses of Roerich's manifold vision and the vast panorama of his life journey toward a new age of human achievement.

preview of the book

en.wikipedia.org...

That's all i have for now.I'll come back with more.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

After reading your post I am happy to discover that I am not alone on this surface

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The place is sometimes seen as a physical location but has also been mythologized to be the Buddhist version of Heaven (called "Pure Land"), full of enlightened inhabitants who have accumulated positive karma and are therefore permitted entry.

Interesting subject. One of my favourite !

About the part quoted above, have you heard of the Tusita Heaven? It goes like this:

Tusita Heaven: The fourth devaloka in the Realm of Desire. Its inner department is the Pure Land of Maitreya who like Shakyamuni and all Buddhas, is reborn there before descending to earth as the next Buddha in our world.

source

And to quote the "Dawn of the Dhamma":

The Tusita devaloka is like the vision and rapture that accompany religious fervor. These come when you absorb into the feeling that your teacher is the greatest and is the one who has all the answers.

The Tusita devas are the smiling, blissful devata; Yama devaloka plus. The Tusita devaloka is where, according to Buddhist legends, the Bodhisatta Metteyya is living. That"s the one who will be the next Buddha, and will emphasize loving kindness in his teachings. Here, he is in the center of the lotus world of Tusita heaven, teaching Dhamma and biding his time with all the Tusita devas being blissed out around him.

source

Here is another link with some backreferences:

link

Judging from that it should be located is some kind of 'realm'. Though i still don't know whether it's supposed be on (or around) our earth, or on a totally different planet.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, I don't know how I possibly missed this thread!

About 3 years ago, the same time I discovered ATS, I also discovered the Shambhala myth and faith. I was going through some hard times with my infant son, and I was doing a lot of soul searching, and I stumbled across ATS, and I independently stumbled across Shambhala.

Anyway, on a particularly hard day, I got linked up with a local Shambhala meditation center. It just happened to be a few blocks from my work, and it was the only one in town. I was thrilled, so I called them, and to my surprise a nice lady answered. She told me they did noontime meditations one day a week, and it happened to be that day! The meditations were guided (I had no idea how to meditate), and they started at exactly 12:00. I looked at my watch and it was 11:30.

So, I hung up, and I went through a drivethrough real fast, and I drove over to their little nook.

I spent my lunch hour sitting, and standing, and following her lead. There were only about 4 people there. I felt so good afterwards that I dropped $20 in their donation tin.

For the rest of that summer, I hit their noontime meditation every week, and it really got me through a lot.

I believe in God, and I use prayer often, and I often have compared it to meditation, but this was something different. I felt like I was fated to find them, and I felt completely comfortable and like I belonged there. And, as quickly as I found them, one day, the need just left me. I just didn't need to go there anymore? I went back one more time, and it was obvious that something in me had changed, and I no longer belonged there. Nothing negative, it was just over.

So, to put it in perspective, I never visited the Himalayas, and the lady there wasn't extra tall or supernatural, but I did find the zen of shambhala, and I did return back to my normal life, and I was changed for the better by the experience. Mystical and odd, but also profound. I didn't even tell my wife I was going there until I had stopped going. I didn't tell my boss, nor my brother, nor any of the people I usually share stuff with. It was very strange to me for some reason, and very personal.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Classic Skyfloating thread.. Reminds me of the old ATS!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Image of our Mother Earth = Shambhala aka Shangri-la??? You decide...

Taken from: theblackbookwisdom.yolasite.com...

edit on 22-2-2012 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

This image, that floats all around the Agartha, hollow earth, and shambhala thread, says that shambhala is a city inside agartha (the hollow earth). Could this be true?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you study the geometry of Shambhala presented in buddhist art you will see that at the center of Shambhala is a hill on which is a temple in which resides the king. Around this central temple are three circular or square walled city's.
This is exactly the geometry of Atlantis with its central temple to poseidon and the three walled city's around this. To my mind shambhala is a distant memory of Atlantis, a real place which now unfortunately is lost to us. And like shambhala many of the Secret society state that much of the occult knowledge passed down to modern times had its birth in Atlantis.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join