It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Gate 2.00 : Shocking Corruption Revealed in Emails!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+124 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just came across a second batch of climategate emails which have been just released and it is absolutely shocking at how these evil,rotten,corrupt "scientists" are cherry picking the data to please their political masters.The main stream media has kept quiet.

I urge everyone to read an selection of quotes from these evil nasty corrupt scientists.

I am totally enraged.They should all be fired and arrested for conspiracy to defraud the public and the taxpayers with their lies.

Here is a selection:-

"The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid[e] what’s included and what is left out"

"I too don’t see why the schemes should be symmetrical. The temperature ones certainly will not as we’re choosing the periods to show warming"...

THEY are going to choose what to show US...

asiancorrespondent.com...

edit on 24-11-2011 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yep.
I like one of the comments-- "if there's a tax involved, you can bet you're being deceived."

If I could flag this twenty times I would, but once will have to suffice.
Good find OP.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if they are wanting to pick and chose what they publish then they are not real scientist.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It seems that a few people have a very strong say, and no matter how much talking goes on beforehand, the big decisions are made at the eleventh hour by a select core group.

hmm you wouldn´t say..

What if climate change appears to be just mainly a multi-decadal natural fluctuation? They’ll kill us probably.

well i won´t but i sure hope so..

I can’t overstate the HUGE amount of political interest in the project as a message that the Government can give on climate change to help them tell their story. They want the story to be a very strong one and don’t want to be made to look foolish.

well you´d better write Pulitzer price stuff.
anything less isn´t going to cut it.

I am not convinced that the “truth” is always worth reaching if it is at the cost of damaged personal relationships

yup that says a lot about you ´scientists´

nice find OP!
corrupt bastards

edit on 24-11-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
SHAMELESS BUMP.

this thread deserves more attention imho.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I agree.

Stories like this deserve more scrutiny.

I'm going to reserve judgement until further details are discovered.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

well as far as i can tell this is genuine.

and if it is genuine it really can't get any better then this, straight from the horse's mouth.

the scientists 'studying' GW

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This thread should be on the front page IMO.

Are people (not specifically ATSers, people in general) scared to get near this because they feel that if they question the whole 'climate change' thing, they're somehow anti-environment or something?

Deny ignorance and remember, everyone has an ulterior motive and an agenda. Propaganda comes from every corner, not just the one that looks dark and menacing!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

For me, my skepticism of climate science is driven by proposed policy to combat it. The notion that we could stop a global climate trend with taxation is ludicrous and suspicious to me.

Data does show that the climate is changing. But I seriously doubt that with an incomplete theory, that we can drive policy economically an socially, to change the outcome of what I believe is more a natural process than a man-made process. There does seem to be an anthropogenic impact on the climate but to what extend is unclear, and with political agendas driving so much of the scientific funding in this field it is going to be highly unlikely that we will get a clear picture that would be necessary to form policy around.

The fact that politicos in the US and around the world are aiming policy at something they don't understand says a lot about this issue and what it is really about in my opinion...Control.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The climate has been changing since the dawn of time, no?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

Well that's the point. This is why so many people are skeptical about it in the way in which it has been presented, i.e. the only reason being is "antropogenic" climate change. Meaning, we're doing it....All of it.

Add to that the fact that politicians have had long standing policies about this since the early 1990s, all involving major taxation and government regulation of all industry and business, and you begin to see where the agenda is going.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here in Australia, we now have our carbon tax passed through both houses of Parliament, ready for implementation next year. The Greens/Labor coalition are ecstatic - I almost broke my TV when I saw them hugging and weeping tears of joy in the Senate when the bill was passed.

We've not even been sold a lemon on this one - it's been forced on us. The Prime Minister stated two days before the election that there would never be a carbon tax under any government she leads. All because of dirty deals done with the Greens to cling to power. Australians voted against a carbon tax, and guess what we have now? A carbon tax. Democracy in action. We're the only country in the world to take this on, at a time when the world economy is about to collapse, and no other country is stupid enough to put their own heads on the blocks. If I was a conspiracy theorist
, I might think it was a deliberate exercise to destroy the remnants of this great country once and for all.

And now the real evidence is coming out that it's all a hoax. There's an article today in The Australian - Climate forecasts 'exaggerated': Science Journal.

I wrote to my local member about this, urging her to oppose the carbon tax, and got an arrogant reply basically telling me I was an idiot if I didn't believe that the tax would save the world. The language used to censor debate in this country is also alarming. If you don't agree with the whole thing, you are labelled a denier, in an effort to put you in the same boat as holocaust deniers. People aren't interested in debate, they just want anyone that doesn't agree to shut up and go away, hence the attempts to label those that haven't drunk climate kool aid.

I can only hope people here wake up to this fraud and throw this Government to the wolves at the next election. Then again, with the democracy we have here, it probably won't change anything, and the Liberal party will find an excuse to keep it in place.

Democracy no longer exists here. It struck me the other day that the old "divide and conquer" strategy has been in use here and in other so-called democracies for many decades. On the surface, we have two choices - left or right, but in reality they all dance to the same tune. It's all a game to make sure we think we have control, and keep us in the mindset that we can make a difference. Just as long as we are good little consumers, everything will be OK...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Essentially the 'solutions' to the non existent AGW problem are all the policies that progressive 'one world' politicians wanted to push through anway but could never get the votes for. They simply cobbled together a looters coalition of other interested parties and rammed it down our throats - the science behind it has long since fallen apart, whilst the politicians rush ahead and the media covers for them and refuses to notice - only the onset of the next ice age will stop them!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Although these emails were hacked with the original batch, they were held back to disrupt Durban just as they did with Copenhagen.

Although the hackers posted the most obvious examples of bias and skewed data, the current batch contains clear references to the political forces that are driving the "science."

This batch of 5,000 will be the "icing on the cake" that re-defines the debate.

When the AGW advocates are talking about access to grant money, policy guides for government, and their self-serving publishing standards, the game will be just about over.

Funny how Mann, Jones, Briffa, Thorne, et al are taking their time to admit the legitimacy of the second batch, even though they all pre-date the "Climategate 1.0" releases. They know they've been found out, and had been hoping that these were not among the others.

The shoe is about to drop on the AGW scam.

jw
edit on 24-11-2011 by jdub297 because: end bold

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Another bump.

Bad thing is, this type of !@#$ happen every day in the gov

3rd

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i absolutely hate that it cant be discussed without the old "you are crazy" line coming up.

i am entitled to my opinion. my opinion is any climate variance IS not man made.

these emails make me feel more confidence in my position.

solar system temperature rises in equal proportion to the earth's also make me think this.

science + govt = we get screwed.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There is still a hole in the ozone right?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I see no one in this thread understands science, it's processes, and how scientists communicate with each other. There are more scientists than this that work on the issue of Global Warming, anyone with basic understanding of a bar graph can see that human factors are causing changes to our planet that are dangerous and close to chaotic.

"Carbon taxes" and offsets are just one tool to help combat this issue; obviously we can't just stop burning fossil fuels, and even if we did the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere would take nearly a century to be scrubbed out naturally...I mean, God forbid we plant trees-wait, the logging industry would throw a fit! Well, lets build more efficient cars-wait, the oil companies will throw a fit!

The real enemies of the environment are big business and people somehow convinced that stopping the cascade of greenhouse gases into our atmosphere is un-American.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5andman

Yes! There is, and it is reportedly bigger than ever.

Funny thing, though.

In 2006 the U.S. agreed to, ratified and adopted the Montreal Protocol, a "cap and trade" limitation on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) to "fix" it.

This resulted in the mandatory use of more expensive refrigerants (which carry their own health risks) in our cars, refrigerators, A/Cs, and industrial equipment. Next year it will require the ban of certain inhalers that asthma sufferers can get today over-the-counter for a few bucks. Now, they will have to get a prescription for a substitute that will be far more costly.

It didn't work. Much as the Kyoto Protocol, which we did not agree to, to great criticism, has failed to lower CO2 and made life more difficult and expensive for the signatories. (And our CO2 emissions have GONE DOWN during the same period.)

More proof that you cannot legislate nature, and that people will suffer and life will be more difficult and expensive for stupid political tricks that do not work!

jw
edit on 25-11-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by 5andman

Yes! There is, and it is reportedly bigger than ever.

Funny thing, though.

In 2006 the U.S. agreed to, ratified and adopted the Montreal Protocol, a "cap and trade" limitation on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) to "fix" it.

This resulted in the mandatory use of more expensive refrigerants (which carry their own health risks) in our cars, refrigerators, A/Cs, and industrial equipment. Next year it will require the ban of certain inhalers that asthma sufferers can get today over-the-counter for a few bucks. Now, they will have to get a prescription for a substitute that will be far more costly.

It didn't work. Much as the Kyoto Protocol, which we did not agree to, to great criticism, has failed to lower CO2 and made life more difficult and expensive for the signatories.

More proof that you cannot legislate nature, and that people will suffer and life will be more difficult and expensive for stupid political tricks that do not work!

jw
edit on 25-11-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

The hole in the Ozone layer is a direct result of human technology, as such is it our duty to clean up this crap from our atmosphere. CFCs have only existed since the 1930s, yet they have managed to break down part of the protective layer of our planet...carbon dioxide and associated gasses have been pumped onto the air since the begining of the industrial revolution, 1780s to the present day. We have a lot of work to do to clean it up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join