It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter to the Police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Came across this floating around the internet. Letter addresed to the police force. Thought it was well written.

Have a read.

The time has come for you to make a choice. You must choose where you stand. You must take a stand and decide what society you wish to live in.............

lewrockwell.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I will bet you most cops will choose to stand on the side that writes the paychecks.

Working for a living, paying bills, contributing to society, and doing a service for their community, in what is still the best country on the planet.

Maybe a few will take the time to thank the OWS movement at some point for all of the extra overtime pay.

In these times earning a little extra cash, and additional job security is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It should have been titled "an open letter to a select few members of the police". Because the issue he mentions target only a few of the police. I believe all cops take an oath the same as the military does. An oath that is sworn to God.

I would like to think that most cops try to live and carry out that oath. But its only ever the 1% or the .05% that you ever hear about... Its not the entire county sheriffs office that beat a guy is it? No. Its one person. What about the other 49 or how many other cops there might be? You never hear in the news about the state trooper that helps the old lady change her tire in the rain. you hear about the one that profiled a guy and pulled him over.
All it is in my opinion is good tv. Make you mad at the cops so you set through commercials and watch the reset then get up and buy something you just saw advertised. Yeah fight man. it has to be all true right you watched on the new?

So for his open letter. I think he sounds like college grad with a biased and ill informed opinion trying to make himself sound all deep and philosophical

Also did you notice 2 of the ads on the page? One for a book on Civil Disobedience and the other was for anarchist symbol decals. That makes me trust his site and opinion that much less.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Great letter!

Now if only ALL police officers would actually make that choice...

...I have a hard time imagining that these men will choose liberty over money.

Money drives individuals to conform.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

I think you miss the point. We all know that it is a few bad apples that cause the problems in police departments across the county. But, what do the "good" officers do about it? That's right, they stand and watch as their colleagues break the laws that they are sworn to uphold. Therefore the "good" officers are not upholding their oaths because they are enforcing the law selectively.

Not only do the "good" cops stand by and watch as the "bad" ones break the law, the police departments spend tax payer money defending their bad cops. So, do you want to wake up and stop defending the systemic corruption, or do you want to continue defending the bad apples who continue to makes the "good" cops look bad?

new topics

top topics

join