It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eve of WW III as told by Michel de Notredame (Nostradamus)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

I agree. That's pretty much what I was getting at in my response to Prince Dreamer. And today, it seems like a lot more of it is starting to come true, after all. The situation in Syria is getting ready to explode judging by all of the new threads coming up in the last hour or two- a no-fly zone, Turkey getting ready to invade... it seems as if now, anything could happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Oman in Secret, Star landing in France quatrain...

France and Taiwan are building a spacecraft with a powerplant that is a mini-star. A secret project they're working on. ...They've been working on. It might land in France but it will take off from Taiwan.

Remember that news story about France selling military Frigates to Taiwan...a scandal and the Taiwan Courts declared France owes them almost $1 Billion over that scandal? It was a tactical cover story.... just in case anyone wondered why so many French ships were hauling goods to Taiwan..... to support the project.

France didn't want the US/Brit's being the only ones traveling outside the solar system.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I've certainly heard of many different interpretations. It's hard to know which one is right. The one that I heard said that the bear was Russia; there was a voice that told it, "Arise; devour much flesh". The three ribs in its teeth were interpreted as Russia's rapacious behaviour during three world wars. Two down, one to go. The ram was the Greek nation; most notably it signified the conquering exploits of Alexander the Great. The leopard was Rome, which did break into four kingdoms, one of which became Byzantium. Then came the evil Great beast which broke everything it touched in pieces. It sure is amazing how & where so many different people think prophecies can go!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Hey, thanks for telling me! I never heard of that! Got a source or a link? I'd greatly appreciate it- I'm grateful for your input. -RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi
3:31
Within the outerlands of Persia, the Arabs & Armenia
Two great armies shall assemble three times
They shall be established close by Araxum's Border
What was once Suleyman's empire shall fall to the ground

1:70
Raining starvation & war in Persia (Iran) without cease
Its monarch shall be betrayed by too much faith
Near the end, in France begins
An omen in secret- a star shall land

Excellent post! S&F

I just want to tackle these two quatrains. IDK if anyone else has yet or not, but the meanings of these were patently obvious to me.

In the first one, 3:31, those are the lands of the Kurds. Since the end of WWI, this homogenous people has been split between Turkey, Iraq, and Iran, with the Kurds spread out across all three countries.

Turkish support of Syria is linked to the Kurdish terror group PKK, which often hides in the north of Syria and Northern Iraq. The PKK has been a thorn in the side of Turkey for decades. In exchange for helping to root out the PKK in Syria, Turkey has been supporting the Assad regime; but that has recently changed. LINK

In Iraq and Iran, Kurds want their own autonomous region (not an unreasonable request IMO) and in the event of war with Iran, I think it is completely logical for the US to use the Iranian Kurds as a proxy force just as they did in Iraq almost a decade ago. So watch the Kurds very closely.

In the next one, the answer should be obvious to anyone who has been alive since the 70's. The Shah of Iran is the "monarch" about whom Nostradamus was speaking. "Betrayed by too much faith" is undoubtedly a reference to the Islamic revolution in 1979. Ayatollah Khomeini, a main instigator of the revolution, was living in France at the time.

Iran hasn't been invaded yet (Iraq tried but failed), but boots in the ground is the only way to insure that the nuclear facilities have been destroyed - and it will be a bloodbath when it occurs.

So my question is this: OP, in your experience, do Nostradamus' prophecies happen all at once (like the king who died in a joust. I was always amazed at that one) or can they take 30-40 years to unfold?

edit on 11/24/2011 by OldCorp because: I'm getting old and forgetful

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I don't see any tactical advantage of invading Iran. The buffer state, Iraq, has been established, so now there is no need to invade Iran.

As far as the quatrains go, they can be shifted and molded to fit any outcome that could happen. If anything I see a hot conflict between North and South Korea, and China and Taiwan flaring up before an attack on Iran. Are there any quatrains about that?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hi, thanks for all of your input! Yes, some quatrains or sets of them do indeed take years to unfold. Plenty of them happen quickly as well. It's hard to know how the prophecies will unfold or how long it will take; Nostradamus himself said that the visions were given to him by God & that they would unfold in God's time. Since the future is always in motion, & only God sees everything, only God really knows exactly when the events will occur. God does the world a big favour in this way, because if exact dates were always given the first thing that the despots of the Earth would do is to try to get control of or take advantage of each of the situations. Nostradamus was given very few absolute dates to relate to us all; one of the most notable was 1666- that quatrain correctly predicts the Great Fire of London & the Black Plague. All other information datewise is astronomical, & there isn't a great deal of it.

The Kurds are definitely a people to watch; their present-day struggles have been going on now for more than a century. During WW I, the British & the Americans redrew all of the borders in the lands that were traditionally Kurdistan, apportioning the land to Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, & Iran. These borders were redrawn to allow easier exploitation of oil resources over the years, amongst other things. At that time the Kurds were primarily a nomadic people, with no fixed borders. The US & UK made a big mistake when redrawing borders- they left out Kurdistan, & dispossessed the Kurds of not only their land but the resources within it! I've oversimplified a great deal here & mean no disrespect to anybody; please forgive me. I well know there's a lot more to it than that.

I don't doubt that the Shah could be the ruler mentioned in quatrain 1:70. I remember that time well & I was aghast at how everything melted down in Iran overnight. I worked for & with quite a few people from Iran, & all of a sudden in 1979 they all shut down their businesses, left their jobs & went home! Then the US banks froze all Iranian assets in their possession & the US government has sanctioned the entire country of Iran ever since.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Thank you!

I do have an old 1960s version of "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow" by Erika Cheetham. I think the original was her/his father. Erika Cheetham edited the new versions down the road.

Very good read. I always found it strange that some quatrains seem to make more sense when it's closer to it taking place. More "pawns" come into the picture. Reading the verses backwards (bottom to top) also help clear things up a bit. Though, I found that sometimes the quatrains seem to read in order.. Some seem to read in order of chapter. There must be an underlying "key" if you will, to decypher the order of all of these quatrains. Surely he must have left something of a clue to the order of things.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Nostradamus didn't predict very much about Asia; he was primarily concerned with Europe, the Mid-East & to some extent the US.

I need to differ with you on Iran, though. The US has big reasons for wanting to be there. The US is heavily invested in Azerbaijan's huge oil & gas fields, & the fastest & best economically feasible way to transport it is through Iran's Russian-built pipeline to the Persian Gulf.

This is the real reason for the US involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan & Pakistan- they've got Iran surrounded. They want a takeover to move the oil. I don't mean any disrespect to anybody here- but Americans really need to take their country back from the huge companies like Exxon that use their government to fight wars for their profits. Libya is necessary to this picture as well. Libya has enough oil to ensure that the supplies keep rolling for whatever conflict ends up inflaming the Mid-East, Mediterranean & Black Seas, uninterrupted. It's going to be a hot one.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

You're quite welcome! Yes, I've seen "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow". Erika was always my favourite Nostradamus author because she was an Oxford-educated historian who knew just the right events in history to cancel out the quatrains that had already occurred. Her husband was a Coldstream Guard, too, & no doubt helped her with all of the military history involved in the prophecies.

I agree that sometimes a quatrain seems to make better sense if the lines are rearranged in reverse order sometimes. Some quatrains are even split; the first two lines are one prophecy, then the second two are yet another one! If there were a code of any sort in the sorting out of the verses' jumbled order I wish I knew what it was- but the prophet must have taken that with him when he passed away. In rare instances, I too have found two or three quatrains in a sequence, but I think I've only found that to be the case about four times.

Also, when one thinks about how long ago these verses were written, & the huge disparity between present times and the 16th century, especially in technology, it's no wonder so many people can't see what they mean until right about the time they come true. The difference between commerce & politics between then & now is staggering as well!

I'm glad you like the thread & I'm much obliged to you for your input. -RomaMayLi

edit on 24-11-2011 by RomaMayLi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

While your french skills are told to us to be great, your translation is not up to snuff.

"passez outre, s'il vous plait" actually means "go further, please".

With something so simple mistranslated in today's day and age, how can we logically say your translations of Nostradamus text is accurate in any way?

Now don't go and say "I meant to put an R instead of a Z at the end of Passer"...cause if you do your proving your translation skills are far worse then initially expected. That simple change would result in "override, please".

Perhaps you meant to say "Passez s'il vous plaît" which means "Move on please".

I am not saying your translation is wrong, but it is now suspect in my eyes. Those asking you to post this would do well to ensure your findings are accurate through another source. Doing these kinds of things alone with peer review gives us skeptics a reason to discount your findings, especially when the French you wrote was translated poorly.

Now we got 3 pages of posts based on what could be, badly translated text....sigh....could people actually look into sources before they reply to them? Would it be that freakin' difficult?

Just in case your curious I am French Speaking, work in a bilingual job with bilingual people. Those Pure French People who saw that quote laughed very hard and discounted the entire post due to that one phrase. Had you not tried to be showing of your intelligence you might of gotten away with a star & flag

edit on 24-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by theRhenn

You're quite welcome! Yes, I've seen "The Man Who Saw Tomorrow". Erika was always my favourite Nostradamus author because she was an Oxford-educated historian who knew just the right events in history to cancel out the quatrains that had already occurred. Her husband was a Coldstream Guard, too, & no doubt helped her with all of the military history involved in the prophecies.

I agree that sometimes a quatrain seems to make better sense if the lines are rearranged in reverse order sometimes. Some quatrains are even split; the first two lines are one prophecy, then the second two are yet another one! If there were a code of any sort in the sorting out of the verses' jumbled order I wish I knew what it was- but the prophet must have taken that with him when he passed away. In rare instances, I too have found two or three quatrains in a sequence, but I think I've only found that to be the case about four times.

Also, when one thinks about how long ago these verses were written, & the huge disparity between present times and the 16th century, especially in technology, it's no wonder so many people can't see what they mean until right about the time they come true. The difference between commerce & politics between then & now is staggering as well!

I'm glad you like the thread & I'm much obliged to you for your input. -RomaMayLi

edit on 24-11-2011 by RomaMayLi because: spelling

The reason why it looks better backwards is due to the grammatical changes french makes to common phrases for it's own linguistic purposes. Often times, when translated back to English, the grammar needs consideration to determine the context of the word to better translate it to a new language.

Much of the translation i see here does not incorporate grammar into it's logic, most seems to be "google-translated".

I hope this isn't the way you translated, if so, you translations are far from accurate.

As for Nostradamus, I believe he was a prophet of sorts like the prophets who wrote the bible. I don't think he was lying about what he was seeing and he did it on purpose to hide the meanings for personal reason.

This alone proves to me, although he deemed himself to be a devout follower of God, in some ways he slapped God in the face by not being brave, writing what was told to be written and standing by that conviction.

Instead he hid, he hid from the prophecies that God gave him and for that I believe he should be despised. If it werent for his descendant we would never have been warned.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I fail to see how "go further" can't also mean "move on". Sorry we have a difference of opinion. If you think I've done such a bad job you're perfectly free to go ahead & translate everything for yourself with the original text, as I did. Be careful, though meanings of words change a great deal in over 450 years.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If you'd read the entire thread you'd see that I had already addressed these concerns of yours. There's no way that Old Provencal is Google translated- I sincerely doubt the facility exists there. You seem to have an issue with Nostradamus, not me. All of his quatrains were published at the end of his lifetime & he had every right to be careful not to run afoul of the Roman Catholic Inquisition. It was the in 16th century, you know.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
There is a rather pointed possibility that Nostradamus either took some of his material from the Christian book of Revelation or he may have been witness to the same visions as John (who wrote it) but with a different language and world view with which to pass it along.

One of the most startling theories to come along is one I've only seen mentioned a few times and then, only in passing. This is that a person of some importance/fame, who was previously accepted as being dead from a severe head wound, will return from the dead. This person, sometimes described as the 'antiChrist' may well also play the part of the 12th Imam.

The cross breeding of prophesy fills in a number of gaps.

The person being postulated as the head-wound riser would be, none other, than old Osama bin Laden. Graphic descriptions of his death speak of the head wound. In fact, so horrible was it that Obama refused to release it to the public.

You can take this as you choose. There are a kajillion possibilities in considering so many prophets and their warnings.

But imagine, if you will, that Osama bin Laden should miraculously reappear onto the world scene and attempt to unite Islam against the Christian west. Who indeed, from Iran to Pakistan to Egypt and Libya... would not follow this man who was dead but then alive again?

Happy Thanksgiving to all, by the way

NOTHING proves that Bin Laden is dead, NOTHING at all ! So for him to rise from the "dead" is not completely out of the question. And...If he is indeed dead, why not "rise" one of his many doubles OR...And here is the best conspiracy ever...Why not "rise" a false Bin Laden, this done by the western world in covert, to either finish off the stronger and stronger Islamic following with a war like no other OR "let him win" in the name of Islam and still ultimately control the world like the NWO wants, in obscurity with all the power it wants, no questions asked, Shari law for everyone ! So there you go folks...Think about that one !

Oh oh....Muhamar Ghadaffi was shot in the head too......Hummmmmmm Replace Bin Laden with Ghadaffi and you could have the same thing !!!

edit on 24-11-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Some interpreters of Nostradamus, such as Rene Noorbergen and Peter Lemesurier have written that Nostradamus did have much to say about Asia. They seemed to suggest that a powerful force in the Far East will enter into an alliance with Middle Eastern forces against western nations. Since Iran, Syria and other Mideastern entities get most of their advanced weaponry from China and North Korea, there may be some truth to this interpretation. Also, remember "The Great King of the Mongols" mentioned by Nostradamus.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Take the chip off of your shoulder & find something you'd rather do.

I don't feed trolls.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I strongly feel that Nostradamus is Merlin. He knew all of time as he aged backwards, maybe he knew what was coming and was in hiding from tptb who knew of his existence on Earth. Great thread, Nostradamus has always fascinated me from my college days up till now. Something bad is in the offing, the world doesnt feel right at the moment. Dont know if anyone else feels the same. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I fail to see how "go further" can't also mean "move on". Sorry we have a difference of opinion. If you think I've done such a bad job you're perfectly free to go ahead & translate everything for yourself with the original text, as I did. Be careful, though meanings of words change a great deal in over 450 years.

Difference of opinion is one thing, difference in facts is another. "Further" and "Move" are quite different indeed.

I do not wish to translate his texts, many have already and those who have are by far more accurate then you and include 450 years of linguistic changes in their research.
Could you show exactly how you came to your conclusions, or is peer review something you prefer to avoid? If you avoid then I think what you have to say is made up entirely and based off other people's works and your own insinuations.

Also, where google failed to translate, other researchers provided you with a way out.

I challenge you to prove otherwise. Just abstaining and stating we have a difference of opinion is not constructive debate at all, it's avoidance.
Sure you will answer all the questions to which relate to your posting as positive, but those who seem to have criticisms and skepticism's are merely tossed aside. The only thing you prove by doing that is that you are in fact lying or embellishing.

I am rather sure the positive attention is what you seek, not the negative. It's only natural after all. True conviction lies in those who speak the truth and are not afraid to prove it. Something I doubt you have inside of you considering your recent responses.

BTW I read your explanations and they simply do not fly with me one bit.

I am calling you out. I am tired of people attributing greatness to themselves, conjuring grand stories without a single shred of evidence to prove how they got where they were.

It's about time skeptics called people out here and let the truth set us free. Especially when we see glaringly obvious errors in translations/facts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join