It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eve of WW III as told by Michel de Notredame (Nostradamus)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hello, everyone- I've been requested by some of you to create this thread, so here it is. Thanks for all of your interest. Call it WW III, 2012, Armageddon, or whatever, the world has been building up to something for a very long time- especially for the last century. I'm one of those odd, old-fashioned eccentrics with a knowledge of history & Old French, & I've studied the 16th century French prophet Nostradamus for quite a few years. There are no good translations commonly available for his work, so I translated all of the Centuries on my own. I learned long ago that if you want something done right, do it yourself.

What I am about to relate may surprise some. The prophecies were written in a mixture of Old Provencal, Latin & Greek; the verses in which they are written, called quatrains, are often laden with anagrams, puns, riddles & very old figures of speech. On top of that, none of the verses are in chronological order- they are completely jumbled up. Nostradamus lived in fear of the Roman Catholic Inquisition all of his life, so he wasn't about to try to make things easy for them. He obscured as much of his work as possible.

The Centuries were published by his son Cesar just before his death. In order to translate them, it is important to get a real French copy of the prophecies as they were originally printed, with all of the old-fashioned typesetting & spelling- all of those things often have clues to the meanings. While no one knows all of the exact meanings of every one of Nostradamus' prophecies, countless scholars have taken a stab at it. I'm no exception. Many of the quatrains, such as those about the French Revolution & the Emperor Napoleon, have already come true. The trick is to sift out the verses that have not yet happened.

Nostradamus predicted three world wars. Throughout his prophecies he sprinkled astronomical dates & certain events to look for, which are the key to assembling the right events into a correct timeline.

5:48
After the distress of dictatorial rule
Two enemies shall be defeated
The North African fleet & Eastern Europe shall rise
By sea & land shall horrific deeds be done.

2:32
Tears, blood & bullets by gangs in Dalmatia (Yugoslavia)
War engaged, disease in Balennes (near the Italian border)
A great scream shall come out of all of Yugoslavia
Then a monster shall be born by & within Ravenna

3:4
When the eclipse of the moons shall be near
Of one for the other, no distant greatness
Cold & drought, even along the frontiers
Even where the oracle had first begun

3:31
Within the outerlands of Persia, the Arabs & Armenia
Two great armies shall assemble three times
They shall be established close by Araxum's Border
What was once Suleyman's empire shall fall to the ground

1:55
Within the region opposite to Iraq
There shall be a great outpouring of blood
So that land, sea & air shall be iniquitous before Heaven
Sects, hunger, reigns, diseases, confusion

1:70
Raining starvation & war in Persia (Iran) without cease
Its monarch shall be betrayed by too much faith
Near the end, in France begins
An omen in secret- a star shall land

Because ATS goes out to an international audience, I must make something extremely clear: I don't want anything bad to happen to ANYONE. Nostradamus wrote the prophecies in the hopes that the people of the future would find a way to prevent these things from happening! I don't want any more wars, & the vast majority of the world feels the same way too.

I've included the prophecies above because they have either just happened or are imminent. I've known that these events were coming for fourteen years, praying that they wouldn't occur the whole while. Now that so many of them have, I'm showing what they lead up to.

5:48 & 2:32- wars have ravaged Eastern Europe & are presently going on in Libya, North Africa. At Ravenna, Italy, there is an air base that was used by the USA to attack Eastern Europe.

3:4- this verse describes Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire, where the prophet Zoroaster first began having visions three millennia ago. It goes along with 3:31, which tells of WW III beginning along the borders of Azerbaijan, Iraq, Armenia & Iran. The first two world wars saw a lot of fighting in this very same place; during WW I Suleyman's empire (the Ottoman Empire) fell. Nostradamus is telling us a world war will happen again.

1:55 & 1:70- Iran will be invaded. With all of the saber rattling going on right now between Iran & Israel, it takes little imagination these days to see what might happen if Nostradamus is correct.

I welcome your comments & hope we can all have a good discussion. I don't want trolls sharpening their knives & causing problems. I have one thing to say to them- passez outre, s'il vous plait! (Move on, please). If there are people who don't like this subject, please find something else that interests you.

Sources- the best ones to start with are these two books: "The Final Prophecies of Nostradamus", by Erika Cheetham, & "Eschatus", by Bruce Pennington. There are many others out there, but I don't trust the scholarship of most of them.

Thanks- RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
did you run across one of the quatrains that mentioned the bear in the north would be reborn? or i think it was more, 'the bear in the north would rise from it's ashes'.
it was something I ran across twenty years ago, before the soviet union fell....And we couldn't believe the bear would fall let alone need to rise again. However, with the latest saber rattling out of the kremlin, who knows.

edit on 24-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Great post. S&F

Nostradamus has been far too accurate in the past with major world events for this third world war not to happen. I always thought it was supposed to have started in 1999, so i was wondering when it would show up.

Still, suppose we get a century of peace afterwards, so at least my grandkids can relax about fighting another war and worry about the cancer and genetic defects they got from all the radiation from nukes we're probably about to start tossing around.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

First off, thanks for starting this thread.

1:70
Raining starvation & war in Persia (Iran) without cease
Its monarch shall be betrayed by too much faith
Near the end, in France begins
An omen in secret- a star shall land

I know the Iranian leadership believe in the coming of the 12th Imam, or the Mahdi.Link

Maybe this is what the verse is referring to?

They believe the 12th Imam will come and lead them to victory against the infidels.

Also the omen from France, a star shall land?

Nuke or UFO??

Hopefully the latter!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Russia are starting to show muscle again

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

link is broke, but yes, that is what i have been waiting for. It was one of his quatrains that always sat rough with me. When Russia went democratic, I thought, oh this will not occur. But in the back of my mind, it was always there, and I was just waiting for them to start standing up to the US again.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Well, off of the top of my head I don't know which of the 942 quatrains it is at the moment, because I tend to weed out the ones that have already happened, but I can look if you like! There is also a set of verses about the Russian bear in the book of Daniel. I'll get back to you later. Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

I hear you! I really don't want war to start at all, let alone a nuclear one. Another thing I really don't like are all of the depleted uranium shells & the like that the US uses in Iraq, Eastern Europe & Afghanistan- as if the old shells, etc. we Europeans still find in our gardens at times from the first two world wars aren't enough! At least the ones from those wars aren't radioactive. Merci bien- RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Hi, again- the 12th Imam is mentioned in other quatrains (that's another thread altogether!) but he is described as being the Prophet Mohammed's direct descendant & that he will be born in Arabia Felix- what is now Yemen. He'll have his hands very full, I'm afraid! As to the star being a UFO- I hope so too- the Magonian kind! Jacques Vallee's book "Passport to Magonia" can tell you about that. Thanks so much- RomaMayLI

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Hi- thanks for the video, but your link isn't working! Maybe a moderator could help you fix it? -RomaMayLI

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I so understand, there is a lot of material there....It was just something that was rattling around in my head, and you brought up my closet fetish (some people have survivor or american idol as their closet fetish, mine is Nostradamus)...If you have any data on the old ruskies, I would be curious to hear you input....If not, no sweat, again there is a ton of material to sort. When I started reading the threads about the new Russian threats, sent chills down the spine.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Hi, thanks for posting this. I like this kind of stuff.

Do you know of an old french province called Le Leu?

I think it means The Wolf and was somewhere near what is now Normandy.

I can't remember what it was about, was it where Nostradamus lived?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I just thought possibly the Iranians leaderships blind faith in the coming of the 12th Imam (and him not turning up) could be the "betrayal".

I think the US is going to devastate Iran.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

You're welcome! Nostradamus was born in St. Remy-de-Provence in 1503. I know of the town you speak of- le Loup- yes, it does mean "the wolf". There is also a town on the other side of France called Monteloup- "wolf mountain".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I hope not! I wish all of the old troubles that began between the US & Iran since the 1950's had NEVER happened. All it did was make the world a more dangerous place- the last thing any of us need.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Very interesting read!

It has rekindled my interest in Nostradamus

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Don't believe everything that Nostradamus has predicted like WW1 & WW2 and the rise of Hitler, because people twist and bend the original texts to what they want him to say and not what what they really mean. I say he has been more wrong than right.

listverse.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lykantroph11

Glad your interest is returning.

Thanks for your post- RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Thanks for your opinion. I'm afraid that the verses chosen for the article you linked have been translated rather badly- "original French" is not the same as Old Provencal, Latin & Greek. I'm not saying you're wrong- I'd just like to see what translation the article's author was referring to.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

kinda like what christians do to the bible!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join