It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trance music by XXXN3O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hope you guys are doing well,

thought I would share some tracks that I have produced using Ableton Live 8. As I am sure most of you are aware given the title, the tracks are within the trance genre and are progressive. I have tried to make each song unique in its own way but they do stick to similar genre's.

I have been doing this now for just under a year and still have a lot to learn and would appreciate a listen and feedback. For anyone that cannot access soundcloud for whatever reason, I will post two youtube links at the bottom of this post which are not on my channel but I was asked if it was ok for someone else to promote two the tracks.

I go by the name "The Strawman" when it comes to music...

The Strawman - The Promise

The Strawman -The Race

The Strawman - Nostrum

The Strawman - For the Love

The Strawman - Fat Eve's Melody

Im looking forward to seeing what sort of feedback I get from ATS on these as I really enjoy making music when I can, it does tend to take me a lot of time as I am deaf to the point that I lip read in my offline life.

I am open to criticism that is useful too, so please comment if you have something that would help me learn.

Feel free to post your own tracks too and ill have a listen.

Thanks!

edit on 24-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The promise is a very nice tune.

Takes me back to 2003 ish when Trance was trance music.
This is no bad thing really.
Progressive Trance today just is not the same which is a shame

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
The promise is a very nice tune.

Takes me back to 2003 ish when Trance was trance music.
This is no bad thing really.
Progressive Trance today just is not the same which is a shame

Thanks for the listen.

I know what you mean, I think trance is mostly past its glory days but there is still a lot of people who enjoy listening including myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thought I would give this a small bump as I have so little replies, ill give it up if it dies once again.

I have updated my long forgotten youtube account with some tracks...

I know there are a few other members of ATS that are in bands, solo or producers and would like to hear some thoughts.

I am working on a track at the moment but I am finding that the main drag that I have at the moment is the lack of CPU power given that I am working with a pentium 4

edit on 29-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here is my last track for what will be a long time, it is a sort of experimental progressive trance track, inspired by the movie Blade Runner...

Tears in the Rain

I have produced quite a few more tracks since the last time I have posted, feel free to listen to them on the soundcloud page and let me know what you think.

The Strawman homepage

(hears crickets in the distance)

edit on 16-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You have some good tunes there pal they remind me of Tinrib/Weirdo I used to play in the late 90s
up to 2005 heres my favorite one NJOY.

edit: I cant seem to embed the video

edit on 1/18/2012 by altered_states because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by XXXN3O

You have some good tunes there pal they remind me of Tinrib/Weirdo I used to play in the late 90s
up to 2005 heres my favorite one NJOY.

edit: I cant seem to embed the video

edit on 1/18/2012 by altered_states because: (no reason given)

This the song you were trying to embed?

Thanks for having a listen to some of the tracks.

I personally really loved the trance tracks that came out around 1999, I do not think that year will be topped.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I remember hearing some of your tracks before, sounds like your production has improved since, tracks sound really good.

Never much of a trance fan, went to gatecrasher a few times, but stayed in the House room, main room was a bit intense. But always like this.

and this

edit on 18-1-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thought I would add some more tracks to this thread rather than create a new one.

I have been leaning more to the techno/house/progressive sounds these days and trying to improve production, here are some more tracks...

Suffering Soul

Take my hand

7 Pillars

The Seed

Appreciate any thoughts on the tracks, this is a hobby so I do not take it too seriously if you want to post anything negative.

edit on 21-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join