It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone got a camera with an IR filter? Apparently the sun is swarming with UFO's...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Never call a youtube video legit thats just one big can of worms to many hoaxers and more importantly idiots on youtube!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't see how it could be anything being carried on the wind when these "particles of dust and algae" travel at different speeds, also I don't believe you need an IR filter to see gnats, this is not debunked.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
I don't see how it could be anything being carried on the wind when these "particles of dust and algae" travel at different speeds, also I don't believe you need an IR filter to see gnats, this is not debunked.

Simple: Different altitudes, different wind patterns. Different size and weight of the particles. All factor in the direction and speed at which they travel. 20 feet of altitude can mean a completely different environment of wind and air density.

I have seen this before in Western Pennsylvania. You are looking at seed heads from Dandelion flowers about 90 feet in the air, not 93 Million Miles near the sun. Here is a link to the flower: Here

One poster asked about the reflection of the sun: its not reflecting the sun light, but rather, their transparency is seen as the light is passing through them.
edit on 24-11-2011 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Bugs migrate. This is a little know fact. Dragonflies, beetles, butterflies and moths all move in patterns by the seasons in the upper parts of the atmosphere. Why? Birds need food as they migrate and this is nature in balance. What is being seen here is either birds or bugs.

Bugs are vastly more plausible than spacecraft invisible to our eyes, although I do not doubt there are phenomenon that are not visible to our eyes. I can't see wifi, but it is there. More likely that the sun refracts around the insects or birds causing the light to seem as an aura in IR. Light can only be seen against substance. Something this small would not be seen from space to earth through the atmosphere this clearly. Light refracts on the water vapor and pollution between. What is being see is below this level and close enough to the camera for the lens to see clearly.

As for what is being seen in space from STS-75 is another matter. Can this be the same effect as seen from earth? Possible, but not likely when bugs and birds are all over down here. Add to this the lens effect at distances of miles and bugs are the answer.

edit on 24-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
1, insects or such.
2, wouldnt they have stealth? we do.
3,maybe its a spock/kirk slingshot thing.
4,if they only go in one direction and dont turn or reverse...naw!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Nothing more than insects , pollen and birds .
If you look at 33 seconds into the OP vid , you will see an out of focus insect pass the camera

Sorry OP . We all want to believe , but some of us are not so open minded that our brains fall out !

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sun blocking is a total sham. The dude that posts these vids know its pollen. I tested this out a couple years ago and got the same effect. Cept I knew it was pollen, and my vids looked just like his.

If you ask the guy about the random pieces that are clearly between he and the object used to block the sun, he bans you and deletes your post.

Some people will post crap just for views.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Interesting S & F
My Take is satelite or UFO in orbit around the earth
we have many 1000 of then up there and more going up every day
only saa one that was not in a straight line movement at the end

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Throw a handful of stuff into the air. Does it all move at the same rate? Do bugs all fly in the same direction?

You don't need an infrared filter to see them, all you need to do is block the sun. The infrared filter does provide more contrast though, making them a bit easier to see.

edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I remember something very similar from a few years back.
It's nothing but dust and pollen as people have said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know why you need a filter though, I guess that's just to make it seem more like he isn't talking from the bum.
edit on 24-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I remember something very similar from a few years back.
It's nothing but dust and pollen as people have said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know why you need a filter though, I guess that's just to make it seem more like he isn't talking from the bum.
edit on 24-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

You don't need one is right, and you're probably right about the anti-ass ploy. All you need is the right angle enough to block out main body of the sun, and just have the light as a backdrop, or any light for that matter. Anyway the main flow of particles in both segments is from right to left, with a little turbulence. AKA stuff being carried on the breeze. You can see the same effect, (even more so) in the summer when the sun is on the horizon. I sit and watch the spiders flying by complete with web streamers.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've no doubt you're going to get a lot of replies in the negative, but even though I'm not sure what those white things are, I can see why you would say they are U.F.O's! To me they look very similar to what's in all those videos that are claim to be showing hundreds and even thousands of U.F.O's in the skies over Mexico.
It's good to see someone post a video, and not give a damn what others think! It makes me wonder how much info we are missing out on because some folk don't know how to disagree in a respectful manner! Thanks for posting what could easily be the same as the objects shown in the Mexican videos!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I forgot to mention it's also good to see the responses you are getting so far, are for a change coming from folk with respect for their fellow members!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Not being funny, but how do insects reflect the suns glare when the insects are in front of the sun?

One answer to that is light reflected off roof tops etc, bouncing off the underside of the insects in the sky.

A lot of what we're seeing here may very well be insects and the like. But, this person is using an IR filter, so how are we seeing any reflected light off of anything. Can reflected light be seen through an IR filter?

I have a full spectrum camera, I also have an IR filter and will try to do some experimental film later on today if the sun decides to show itself.. very cloudy here today.

Well call me dumb if u like but the IR effect will do that also in day light.

Bugs I believe

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Never call a youtube video legit thats just one big can of worms to many hoaxers and more importantly idiots on youtube!

So true the trouble is some could be and no doubt are legit but get buried and automaticaly debunk with the rest of the crap

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Well yep! But not the ones that we know!
They are critts from other world, not far from here!

Happy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Please be my guess Dear!
It's too simple isn't it?

Happy

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Thanks Renegade!

Let's make an experiment, use two cams, one IR other plain, same time same focus.
Could you?

SNC.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join