It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions: Possible alternatives to our descending system - Let's make a real change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So I have watched a long time how the actual money based system is going down. I know the culprits, I know who is responsable I know who profits off it, I know who looses in it.

Great, so I can step back and watch it burn.

NO! It s time to take action. It is obvious that solutions will not come from big Corp-gov-mil-industry.
The change has to come from me and you.

So let's stop whining in misery and start with solutions.
I like this thread to be a place where we can put our ideas and success stories in.

Please no discussions about the bad Corp-gov-mil-industry (we know it's bad) and no smashing "-isms" around.

War, poverty, corruption, hunger, misery, human suffering will not change in a monetary system. That is, there will be very little significant change. It's going to take the redesign of our culture and values.
Jacques Fresco

So I start with a first idea (i already posted it in a thread by Partygirl - and i thank her for stimulating my brains)

In Switzerland (and other places) there are movements which created a "Tauschring" or "Exchange Rings" in english.

The idea; many people do not have much money, but everyone has some talents, time and needs.
So you can go to the website and register there. You indicate what you are good at, and what you want to have.

Let's make an example:

The direct way:
I speak german and can teach it to you. On the other hand I have bad back and like to have some massages.
On the other side there is a woman from asia who does massages, but does not speak german. So we agree to exchange - I teach her 2 hours of german a week and in return she massages my back for 2 hours a week.

The indirect way: Time bonus system
Example: I give german lessons to a IT-guy. Since I do not need IT services at the time i will get a time bonus for giving him lessons. With this time bonus I "buy" another massage at the asian woman.
So she gets a time bonus in return, which she can spend on the IT-guy, to get her website.

It works as well for goods, not only services: Example: I have so many books, most of them I read once and then they just settle dust in the shelf. So I exchange them with somebody else who is in the same situation.

It s a very neat system based on peoples talents and need instead of money.
It favours local trade and craft, and brings people closer together, while leaving banks and bigger corporations outside.
And it's simple to set up. Just create a Website (ask me if you have questions on setting up websites), invite your family, neighbours and community to join, and off you go. You will be amazed how fast it grows.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'm all for solutions. I've already started a thread on solutions for unemployed too. See it here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm using a different approach. Crowdsourcing suggestions to find what jobs have too few candidates applying to them. At least this doesn't waste time on stuff that won't end up paying off.
edit on 24-11-2011 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
so young and naive...
I hate to burst your bubble.
But a monetary system accomplishes exactly what you lay out.
I teach German I make 20 dollars an hour.
I pay the lady to massage me for 20 dollars an hour.
Same thing as you describe, but a lot simpler when you take all of the different trades into account.

You aren't proposing any real change.
naivity at its finest right here.

There are definitely flaws with our current monetary system, mostly that greedy jews*(The truth hurts) have complete control over the issuance of our money. But a monetary system still is necessary.

*I'm not saying all jews are greedy...but rather that the Jews who control our monetary system are greedy.

edit on 24-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
so young and naive...
I hate to burst your bubble.
But a monetary system accomplishes exactly what you lay out.
I teach German I make 20 dollars an hour.
I pay the lady to massage me for 20 dollars an hour.
Same thing as you describe, but a lot simpler when you take all of the different trades into account.

You aren't proposing any real change.
naivity at its finest right here.
.. (deleted the rest)

okay, here's the difference: someone manages the money, saves and stores it for you. He will want some money for this service, so he bills you - easy to do as he already has your money. This is the first step towards a bank. Money can be stored.

The next step is that someone will think of "hey, I have a lot of money that I'm storing for those people and they actually won't need it this weekend, so I can try and buy by friday, then sell by monday and make some money for myself with those people's money."

The final step towards a bank-system is when you need much money, more than you possess to build something large, maybe a home. You will get the money and you will have to pay for it.

And now the difference: Work-hours are not self-reproductive, the number on any account won't grow larger if you don't add work-hours.

So there is no interest-rate.

Yes, inflation is possible as machines are making it possible to produce more back-massages per hour or more shoes or whatever, the value of a working-hour isn't fixed and can't be.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Crowdsourcing suggestions to find what jobs have too few candidates applying to them.

That's a good one too. Results in efficiency. And fulfills the real needs.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

ManFromEurope, just seen your answer when i was typing my reply. You beat me to it.

To ghost: It may sound naive, let's call it ancient. It s the way economics ran before money.
The problem when you get 20 Dollars for a service is, that these 20 dollars have been printed by the feds, then lent to the government or banks with an interest. So there is debt involved before any needs are covered. Plus the state will tax you on your income to pay back their debt to the fed, so you end up with 20-x dollars, x being the tax rate.

And please refrain from blaming anyone (the jews in your case) I really like to focus on positive solutions. We had enough blaming and negativity. As stated in my OP.
Pointing out flaws is ok, we are about denying ignorance. And i do not want to censor ideas.
Everyone who sees a flaw in any idea presented: please provide a solution to minimise or overcome the flaws.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

I have the solution. The problem is that people don't give a hoot about politics so they dont even know that congress has voted our rights down the tube. They only care about American Idol and Survivor and Jersey Shores. Lets stop fighting that reality and embrace it:

So you want to lead the free world?!

Citizen voting by txt and each month everyone tunes in to see if their senator voted how they wanted. The winner of the 4 year season gets to run against the incumbant in the sweeper.

We would scrutize the hoot out of every single thing they vote on, and if they vote for anything other than the people we vote their butt out. The next guy will learn. True representation.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
ENERGY.
Another very important field is energy.
Let’s get independent from big oil.

My focus is on simple solutions. Best with recycled material. So we do not waste material or money.

HEATING WATER:

The DIY Solar Water heater

Simple: the water enters black tubes, the sun warms the tubes, the warmer water rises.
So no pump needed, no moving parts.
The tubes can be built out of PVC tubes, a row of plastic bottles, or beer cans.
Old fridges have these metal tubes on the back, they would be perfect fort he job as well.
Just paint them black to collect more sun and cover them with a glass or plexiglass window.
It s so easy to make, you need no engineering degree, no fancy tools.
And it costs you next to nothing, when you use trash material.

Her is a well done manual: instructables.com

This we can use for showers or swimming pools.

Next up would be the question; what about drinking water running through trash material ?
Good point, so lets make two circles: the outside one collecting heat.
The inside one with clean drinking water and a heat exchanger to transport the heat (but not the water itself)
to the inside circle.
An Example: utterpower.com/heat

Basically i big bucket with a copper tube running through.

ELECTRICITY FROM WIND.
If you live in a foggy area, or your neighbours house blocks the sun, try the 1000Watt Wind Turbine for creating electricity
www.instructables.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Instructables

This takes a bit more of skills to make, but still no rocket science. And fun to make.

If you start looking on the web you will find many more projects like this.
Two sources which a very good:
Build it solar
Instructables on Energy

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
FOOD
Another project i just love: Windowfarms

You live in the city, you have no garden, no balcony, but still want to grow your own food ?
This might be for you:

A window garden. Use plastic bottles cut them up, fill with hydroponics and your favorite seeds or plants. Build an irrogation system with a air bubble pump. Hang everything in your window.

And grow your own food. Takes about 1 hour to make and costs you only about 30$

How to’s can be found here:
Windowfarms.org

and with the "propeller design" - it so cool when the pot of the plant already looks like a flower:
urbangreensurvival

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The difference is that we are all payed equal wage. Level the system and possibility to get money by renting/borrowing and the problem goes away. It's the money can make money that is problem.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Nice idea from the Phillipines for bringing light to simple huts: The solar bottle light:
Cheap, DIY approach:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I like your thinking. It's thinking outside the box. I must admit I was practical in my approach and opening up ideas past that is what finds the rarest gems.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Thanks for your kind words.

About 'thinking outside the box': i do that, actually from my personality, i never was in the box, some call it ADD some call it thinking outside the box, i just say it's me. Sometimes i find rare gems, often i struggle in society since it seems a lot of people just want to put you in tiny boxes and are very afraid of those who are escaping.

In the end what works best is the combination of thinking outside box AND using a practical approach.
Like for example the solar bottle; the idea is outside the box, the approach could not being more practical than using the scrap material that lies around anyways.

new topics

top topics

join