It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like people to embrace freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
To everyone in the world,

Please be free to do what you were designed to do.

Do not allow politicians to dictate.

Do not allow countries to dictate.

Do not allow religions to dictate.

Do not allow individuals to dictate.

This life is short and we are here for a reason - and that reason should not be clouded by others.

And to the people who are preventing others from expressing their freedom - whether it is because of simply being a parent - and a lot of parents do this - insane religious beliefs, wealth, or whatever reason ...

You are ruining the world for everyone, including yourselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It isn't quite - but the above is nearly the moronic statement on ATS since 2007 that I have seen.

To not allow "******* to dictate" means you have to stop them. Stopping them requires force. Force eliminates peace. Your not allowing individuals to dictate means you can't demand what you did 'as' an individual. I shake my head in disbelief!

Honesty, I change my mind. Your post was definately the most moronic I've seen so far. If someone knows this person, please get them some councelling.

You actually have ruined your own little insular world but your the only one there. Noone can touch your freedom because you live in a 'different world' to the rest of us.

edit on 24-11-2011 by daggyz because: .

edit on 24-11-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
It isn't quite - but the above is nearly the moronic statement on ATS since 2007 that I have seen.

To not allow "******* to dictate" means you have to stop them. Stopping them requires force. Force eliminates peace. Your not allowing individuals to dictate means you can't demand what you did 'as' an individual. I shake my head in disbelief!

Honesty, I change my mind. Your post was definately the most moronic I've seen so far. If someone knows this person, please get them some councelling.

You actually have ruined your own little insular world but your the only one there. Noone can touch your freedom because you live in a 'different world' to the rest of us.

edit on 24-11-2011 by daggyz because: .

edit on 24-11-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

Hey, that was pretty nasty stuff...
Perhaps if you'd understood what was actually being said, you wouldn't have spouted off some psuedo-logical equation that somehow gave you the temerity to slag off on a real person.

You're not a counsellor by any chance are you?

Well, you definitely SHOULDN'T become one...you'd be crap at it...

Embrace freedom and allow others the freedom to embrace freedom...

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Thanks so much, akushla,

It is great to meet soulmates on this planet.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by akushla99

Thanks so much, akushla,

It is great to meet soulmates on this planet.

Your welcome...
Some people just aren't able to control thier mood swings, it seems...

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok, I agree that daggyz's treatment was harsh, probably excessively harsh since there have been a lot of silly things said in the last four years on ATS.

And I agree that someone should have mentioned it to him, whether another poster or a mod, I don't know.

But please note that daggyz gave an explanation for his belief that the post was moronic. It was a logical argument, unlike some here. And what response did he get? "He's mean, I agree, thank you for agreeing."

Would someone please consider answering his argument?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I see what you're trying to say but you presented three things as fact that might not be facts. What kind of force are you talking about? And then how sensitive is your perception of peace?

To some, living in ignorance is perfectly fine and that's okay, it's just another perspective. But, what OP is trying to get at (I think) is the aspect of ignorance where people begin hurting other people thus disturbing the peace you apparently value.

Maybe it's not about what you said and rather about is the peace disturbed in order to awaken people worth giving up for the peace achieved afterward?
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: to fill out this edit box. also, i answered daggyz argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Ok, I agree that daggyz's treatment was harsh, probably excessively harsh since there have been a lot of silly things said in the last four years on ATS.

And I agree that someone should have mentioned it to him, whether another poster or a mod, I don't know.

But please note that daggyz gave an explanation for his belief that the post was moronic. It was a logical argument, unlike some here. And what response did he get? "He's mean, I agree, thank you for agreeing."

Would someone please consider answering his argument?

Its not the way that you do it...
...but how you do it to me!

The post was harsh and verging on a personal attack...perhaps the word moronic could have been replaced with a more...approachable word or phrase or sentence...this would have made 'the argument', viable...
I saw no argument from logic or reasonableness...calling someones idea moronic is hardly logical or reasonable, and in my 'eye' renders it null, and unworthy of reply in any reasonable way...

The sentiment expressed by the OP has merit...and, shooting it down in the unsavoury way it was done, was almost an illustration of the opposite of its intent...

Freedom comes with responsibility...the respondent of harsh words stepped over the limits of this freedom...perhaps it was a joke?

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Star and flag, catwhoknowsplusone, for a wonderful message. Sadly though, religion already has it's hold on humanity. And it's many followers would do anything to make their books come true, even destroy the world.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

i agree, why attack daggys comment, wouldn't that be sort of against the original post's point, he made his post and i think he has the freedom to live his life with whatever opinion he wants

however, i don't think the original post is moronic, actually that's how i live my life already

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

seeing as though you are requesting others not to dictate, i assume it applies to you to, therefore i shall ignore everything you just said.

top topics

join