It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality vs. Corporate Greed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So I just got home and my mom told me about this: www.wral.com...

And it really got to me. You hear about police brutality all the time but this one just got me to thinking what if one of my family members was deaf and while riding their bike they were murdered by a meathead with little man complex. It's despicable. I don't know if this story was posted already but it's not the point.

The point is, is why are people protesting at OWS when there is something more despicable and more local? Sure corporate greed is bad and all but does OWS expect to change it all that much? A man was killed for doing absolutely nothing and was taken from his friends and family. I carry around a small knife on my belt, just for the usefulness. I'm not expecting a fight I never intend to use it even if I get in a fight, but now I live in a society where I fear for my life because of a hunk of metal strapped to my belt.

OWS has been a monumental waste of thought and effort. Put this kind of effort into getting these officers permanently removed from the force. And to enforce stricter hiring methods.

I can't believe we are seriously devoting our time to such nonsense. Maybe if there weren't so many other more important issues in the world I might give a rat's ass about OWS. But right now there are maniacs running amok taking people's lives. In our own cities and neighborhoods. Just imagine if your family member or friend was taken from you because of a sh**-for-brains cop with anger issues. But here we are protesting something we have little control over. At least with the amount of supporters at the moment. And for that matter all of those stories about those pigs killing family pets? I would go beserk. I'm not trying to be a badass but if a copper killed my dog I wouldn't have too much to lose. I love him just as much as any of my family.

I'm sorry if this wasn't very well thought out i'm just pretty much fuming and it's almost 12 am here.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
OWS has shone more media spotlight on 'police brutality' than anything since Rodney King.You should be thanking OWS and directing your attention to the msm that downplay police brutality.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StopFearMongering

It all stems to single problem which is, wealth status. If police men and women were paid as much as hedge-fund managers on Wall St. the word "crime" or for that matter "war" might not exist in our vocabulary...... practically speaking

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Definitely not even the point. Also that doesn't make sense.

If I was researching a cure for cancer and found a cure for AIDS, I wouldn't be like "well, I better keep on with the whole cancer thing. It is after all the thing that shed most light on a cure for AIDS"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

edit on 24-11-2011 by StopFearMongering because: Double post

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Wall street is responsible for the death of millions. You think we've got bigger issues? Commodity food is the reason we have millions dying of starvation. What is the source? Wall street trading...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Don't get so excited and post twice. All i'm saying is that hostility and violence among each other(police brutality) might not be such a rampant issue if wealth status wasn't discovered.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

But wealth status was discovered sooo....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

I highly doubt that is the only reason behind starvation, and I also highly doubt it's even one of the main contributors.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

It so simple really.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Well now just examine how violent we are.... it's simple with the introduction of wealth came mass violence,"divide and conquer."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Right wing avenger..........................idk your name says it all.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Why is everyone making this point? So are you suggesting we abolish the global economy somehow and then slowly delve back into the dark ages, where there will still be violence? It's not like a lion eats a gazelle because the gazelle owed him some money.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You answered my question with a question, and I'm going to answer your question with another question. Are you suggesting the introduction of the idea of economics didn't divide people?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that people have been and will be violent regardless of division. Also, that economics is a necessary evil. Without where would we be? Scientific leaps and inventions are made for the most part because people want money.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

A debate I probably shouldn't have got into at 3 in the morning, one that could go on and on....and I am far to tired also having consumed a rather liberal amount of marijuana, I'm off to bed.

top topics

join